These 4 flyweights on tonight’s fightpass.....

JkMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
prelims needs to show that ufc needs to keep 125 division.
F718B0DF-3B99-4020-ADA8-9B59AA225157.png
These 4 fighters right here, and the rest of the flyweight fights in 2018, all needs to be really good fights or atleast finishes. Although I know they won’t keep the division just because all of the remaining flyweight fights r good, maybe he can 1 day bring it back within a couple years.

Hopefully these guys fight their asses off now that their jobs are on the line :)

It's stupid to completely destroy a division that will inevitably be brought back the momemt a big personality comes along...

They disbanded LW and WW once because people said they were too small... Now look.

In my opinion they should have just done Fight Night card for the little guys and most WMMA, so that the casuals could opt in or out without feeling like divisions were being forced on them, and the hardcores wouldn't give a shit because fuck a weightclass when its a good scrap.

dwarf-face-slide_o_728338.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 469055
These 4 fighters right here, and the rest of the flyweight fights in 2018, all needs to be really good fights or atleast finishes. Although I know they won’t keep the division just because all of the remaining flyweight fights r good, maybe he can 1 day bring it back within a couple years.

Mike de la Rosa's wife in the UFC as well (Montana).
I guess he stays anyway

It's stupid to completely destroy a division that will inevitably be brought back the momemt a big personality comes along...

They disbanded LW and WW once because people said they were too small... Now look.

In my opinion they should have just done Fight Night card for the little guys and most WMMA, so that the casuals coukd opt in or out without feeling like divisions were being forced on them, and the hardcores wouldn't give a fuck because fuck a weightclass when its a goid scrap.

A big personality at 125lbs? How many men do you know who are fighters and can cut down with 125lbs without cutting off a limb? It’s just hard for the casual fan to get interested in a weight division where the average female or middle school child dwarfs the fighter

The competition was watered down, and if you were a 125lb guy anywhere in the world who trained MMA, you could probably get in the UFC

A big personality at 125lbs? How many men do you know who are fighters and can cut down with 125lbs without cutting off a limb? It’s just hard for the casual fan to get interested in a weight division where the average female or middle school child dwarfs the fighter

The competition was watered down, and if you were a 125lb guy anywhere in the world who trained MMA, you could probably get in the UFC

I admit its a freakshow division, but some of those fights were spectacular.

The UFC needs another platform - Strikeforce hit gold with "Challengers". Was a great way to show substandard fights and pretend it wasnt their fault... Plus they got a few stars out of it.

View attachment 469055
i only see one flyweight fight and 2 fighters...

the other one clearly says BANTAMWEIGHT

How can you call it watered down? DJ, Benavidez, Dodson, Lineker are/were top bantamweights. And apparently TJ and Cody can make flyweight so it cant be that hard.

Title says "these 4 flyweights on tonight's fightpass"

First post shows an image of, well...

whoops.png

Weigh-ins say...
Mark De La Rosa (136) vs. Joby Sanchez (135)

Looking at his tapology DelaRosa has never fought at 125, perhaps TS is thinking of his wife, who is a UFC flyweight.

i only see one flyweight fight and 2 fighters...

the other one clearly says BANTAMWEIGHT
Yes but if u actually know about them, both r natural 125ers.

Fail. Some reason, I thought both fighters thought at 125 before.

View attachment 469055
Fuck that, no one aside from maybe a handful of people want that division gone.

I just wish they had made that decision a while ago.

Title says "these 4 flyweights on tonight's fightpass"

First post shows an image of, well...

View attachment 469071

Weigh-ins say...
Mark De La Rosa (136) vs. Joby Sanchez (135)
Thought both were 125ers for some reason. I knew it said 135 on the pic but I thought both fought at flyweight on the previous fights. lol.

Fuck that, no one aside from maybe a handful of people want that division gone.

I just wish they had made that decision a while ago.
Everyone has there own opinion on the 125 division. Not much shit talkers, and no trilogies, and dj fought people who basically dominated easily. So that’s y 125 was never really that “famous”. All casuals doesn’t like 125, only hardcore fans appreciate 125ers.

In my opinion they should have just done Fight Night card for the little guys and most WMMA, so that the casuals could opt in or out without feeling like divisions were being forced on them, and the hardcores wouldn't give a shit because fuck a weightclass when its a good scrap.

Only problem is fight night cards are supposed to turn casuals into ppv buyers. I don't see flyweight or wmma doing that.

How can you call it watered down? DJ, Benavidez, Dodson, Lineker are/were top bantamweights. And apparently TJ and Cody can make flyweight so it cant be that hard.
"Apparently"

At the end of the day, only a small percentage of men on this planet can make 125lbs and an even smaller percentage of these men will become fighters.

And for this reason, the 125 pound division is and always will be dead.

Thought both were 125ers for some reason. I knew it said 135 on the pic but I thought both fought at flyweight on the previous fights. lol.
Originally the fight was Jordan Espinosa vs. Mark de la Rosa @ flyweight. Espinosa got replaced by Joby and the fight bumped up to 135.

Back