Theres one fighter that could beat jon jones convincingly(in depth).not stipe,gus or cain

I agree with your evaluation. I've also heard that Overeem gives him the business in sparring at JW. Bad matchup for Jones.

Jones for all of his flaws is the most mentally strong fighter I have ever seen ever in a fight. He does not break or wilt in that cage. Ever. No chance he loses. Zero. Reem has been knocked out by much lesser fighters. Jones would crush him.

Reem has already beat up Juicehead in training.

That is why one of the plethora of DC fights were canceled.

An injury in training means he got beat up? Come on dude. You are much much smarter than that.

Jones for all of his flaws is the most mentally strong fighter I have ever seen ever in a fight. He does not break or wilt in that cage. Ever. No chance he loses. Zero. Reem has been knocked out by much lesser fighters. Jones would crush him.
Jones is very mentally strong and incredibly tough. Can't disagree with that. However, in terms of skillset Reem matches up very well with him. Overeem can bully him in the clinch and outstrike him at range. Jones definitely has a path to winning this fight due to Overeem's suspect chin, but Overeem has all the tools to win this.

Jones is very mentally strong and incredibly tough. Can't disagree with that. However, in terms of skillset Reem matches up very well with him. Overeem can bully him in the clinch and outstrike him at range. Jones definitely has a path to winning this fight due to Overeem's suspect chin, but Overeem has all the tools to win this.

Tools I agree. But it comes down to that extra gear in a tough matchup. And Jones is the guy to dig deep. Reem folds..

a former k1 champ with 1 inch in reach over GUS?
You know where my money's at.

Ermm... JJ would do quite well at heavyweight. I do NOT think Reem is one of the guys to do it. He is way too fucking slow for JJ.

I dunno about that wall of posts and gifs from the TS, I didn't check them out, but come on. DC lost to Jones twice, and DC is a fast heavyweight. I literally cannot think of a sure fire way for Reem to take this fight. He has a chance just like anyone, but is favored absolutely no where.

UberReem would toss him around, but now JBJ takes that chin.

Jones would smash this guy. Jones is like 7 years younger. Ngannou softened that chin up for Jones too, even though Jones ain't known for power we might just see a Bones BOMB!

<JagsKiddingMe>

Thanks for the laughs.

Jones would not be able to over power Ecoreem. And he definitely won’t outstrike him either.

Stipe would lay him out flat within a few minutes.

0BVDX8g.gif
i wish it were true, he is too slow and one-dimensional for Jones.

Yes, there are multiple HW's that would beat Jones...

Shogun said he was in the best shape of his life when Jones abused him.

Dont know if youve seen Overeem lately. Hes no longer on the K1 juice
And if you honestly believe that after a decade of fighting at the highest level and multiple knee surgeries, he was in "the best shape of his life", than I suggest you never go car shopping by yourself.

As for Overeem, he dropped Stipe and ko'd JDS and Hunt while presumably off the juice, so why you think that plays a part is beyond me. Overeem has ALWAYS had mad skills, the juice just gave him that extra strength to bully and crush people at hw. I doubt a 255 lb dude needs that to beat stringbean Jones though. Jones is not a power puncher, and Overeem's only weakness is his chin. All of his losses in the past decade have come by way of ko to heavy hitters.

Look, Jones is a hell of a fighter, but to claim that he would beat Overeem when he had a war with Gus is ludicrous. The only way Jones wins that is if he adds about 20+ lbs of lean muscle to his Skeletor frame, and who knows how that would affect his fighting style.

And if you honestly believe that after a decade of fighting at the highest level and multiple knee surgeries, he was in "the best shape of his life", than I suggest you never go car shopping by yourself.

As for Overeem, he dropped Stipe and ko'd JDS and Hunt while presumably off the juice, so why you think that plays a part is beyond me. Overeem has ALWAYS had mad skills, the juice just gave him that extra strength to bully and crush people at hw. I doubt a 255 lb dude needs that to beat stringbean Jones though. Jones is not a power puncher, and Overeem's only weakness is his chin. All of his losses in the past decade have come by way of ko to heavy hitters.

Look, Jones is a hell of a fighter, but to claim that he would beat Overeem when he had a war with Gus is ludicrous. The only way Jones wins that is if he adds about 20+ lbs of lean muscle to his Skeletor frame, and who knows how that would affect his fighting style.

Yes id believe a fighters assesment over a fan on the internet.

Gus is way more skilled than Overeem infact all LHWs are. Reem was getting his ass handed to him at LHW ,he got ridiculously jacked and moved to HW.

The skill disparity between Jones amd Reem is just far to great even if there is a 40lbs difference.

Jones doesnt have to knock him out slugging it. Hes got waaay more tools than that.

I just dont see Reem having any tools other than mass to beat Jones, especially now.
Were talking one of the lowest fight iqs vs the highest here

Last edited:

The Overeem love is crazy with some people. The guy has had a great career at both LHW and HW, with a lot of great wins but a lot of brutal losses (both at LHW and HW to guys WAY below the level of Jones).

It's weird, people forget that DC ran through a lot of good HW's before dropping down, never losing at HW. Then he moves down and can't beat Jones. To assume Jones wouldn't be an absolute beast at around 235-240 lbs is just stupid. I wish I could say it another way, but it just ignores so many realities. You are talking about a guy who has never broken in the cage. Who, for all his flaws as a human being so far in his life, is a fighting savant. Whatever is thrown at him, he answers it. Then you are talking about a guy in Overeem that for all his skills, has folded and gotten run over so many times in his career I can barely count them.

I guess...whatever. Not my place to try to bring people back to reality. Believe whatever you want, that's the fun of these forums I guess.

Everyone is "that one fighter" to beat Jones.

It started with Shogun, he was going "to break those chicken legs". "Knock his head off".

Then it was Machida. Then Jones was afraid of Rashad ALL the way to the mightly HW DC whod throw Jones out the Octagon.

It NEVER works out that way, ever.

And oddly the guy to beat Jones becomes a has-been immediately after losing, weird...

You have a point there (not entirely because... Cain). If you are taking about Prime Reem. Reem biggest problem is his chin. And Jones is not known for his power punches, he destroys his opponents little by little.
And I don't agree about the wrestling part.

Back