There's NO tape on how to beat the current incarnation of McGregor

Avoid his power to take him to the later rounds. Have a better gas tank them him ... take him down.

When analysts study tape they don't immediately watch the L's.

raw

This isn't the current incarnation of Conor. He is so much better now than he was at 196.

You don't need to game plan him. Just match him up with elite wrestlers or bigger guys (Conor even said that) Nate proved it.

Khabib would take him down at will. His wrestling/grappling is elite. Problem is getting a hold of Conor with distance he fights at and taking bombs closing. I favor Khabib 60%

Tony has unlimited gas as we saw in Mexico city. Has championship wrestling pedigree, range over conor, nate chin, and is much faster than nate. I'd favor him 80%.

I think an orthodox fighter who has good karate/kicking base willing to kick Conor's left arm, head or body to neutralized him. It'll definitely make him think twice before unloading that left hand.

would like to see Cerrone back at LW challenging Conor. Conor might not be able to handle those leg kicks.

Ok, hyperbolic thread title aside, it's still mostly true (especially if you're fighting at 155 or 145).

Think about it: Conor has improved by a LOT recently. He dominated Aldo and Alvarez so badly that you can't even look at those fight tapes for strategy if you're going up against him. In both Diaz fights, Conor was easily getting the better of Diaz until he gassed. And if you're an opponent fighting McGregor at 155 or 145, you can't count on that to happen.

The last guy to expose a ch*nk in McGregor's armor was Mendes, and Conor's takedown defense has improved greatly since then. I can see people rejecting this opinion because Diaz had success against Conor at 170, but to me, it's VERY clear that the success Diaz had was because of Conor gassing.
Diaz gassed a little in the second fight as well. Id say the Diaz that fought MJ is the best we've seen so far, stillnot that fast but his timing and cardio were better.

There is alot of tape on how to make McTapper get on all fours. There is also alot of tape on Kim Kardashian getting on all fours.

The difference is Connor has been gifted the spotlight while Kim had to work really hard.

Classic Trollface 22112016082456.jpg

would like to see Cerrone back at LW challenging Conor. Conor might not be able to handle those leg kicks.
leg kicks are key to beat him, for early rounds. Eddie, Siver and Poirier dropped him with low kicks

after kicking his legs his movement will be slower and 100% of punching power is gone

You don't need to game plan him. Just match him up with elite wrestlers or bigger guys (Conor even said that) Nate proved it.

Khabib would take him down at will. His wrestling/grappling is elite. Problem is getting a hold of Conor with distance he fights at and taking bombs closing. I favor Khabib 60%

Tony has unlimited gas as we saw in Mexico city. Has championship wrestling pedigree, range over conor, nate chin, and is much faster than nate. I'd favor him 80%.

Ferguson gets hit way too often, if he offers the same shots to Conor that he gave up to RDA it won't last long.

He has improved a lot. Everybody says that Eddie failed to use his wrestling, but there was a whole minute in the second when Eddie had Conor pinned against the cage and failed to take him down. It's not that Eddie didn't try, it's that he couldn't.

Conor is elite at both 145 and 155, but he is much bigger and stronger at 155.
Did you see any of Alverez fights when he wrestles, a big part of his game is pressuring against the cage whether or not he lands the takedown. He gets TDs stuffed plenty. the issue here is that he wasnt persistant like he usually is.

Ever heard of Michael Johnson?

Yeah, that guy just had a fight a few weeks back, in which he was wrestled to death, beaten and submitted.

The guy he fought was called Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Perhaps you should watch his tapes?

All of you are showing your not qualified to analyize fight. in pretty much every fight, and in just about every fighter,you can break down and analize little things that you can exploit and potentially beat your opponent.

Even with Eddie, you can see leg kicks were effective, body kicks were landing, and he was able to put Conor against the cage. he should have kept doing that and circling away from the left and he likely could have gassed him out and eventually the takedown would come.

1 The "haters" are just throwing back at the "13 seconds!,Connie have his number!"comments the "nuthuggers"tell when people talk abou a rematch.
Thats the usual sherdog way.

2 parenthood is a problem most mortals have and few can have the luxury to quit his responsibilities to just FOLLOW the woman's pregnancy.
He is UFC goldenboy but outside if this fact theres no reason to treat this as a special case in exchange to leave the FW belt undefended for 18 months.
Remenber it was Connies decision to fight Nate TWICE in a roll.
And now the LW Belt will get in a hiatus for at least 8 months because of that too.
He is not injured(Aldo was),he is not troubled with the law and he is not fighting anyone.
Like a said in a previous post if he gave up at least the FW belt i would have no problem at all with his desire to going on vacation.

3 now you are just making up facts.
All those Fights had just one thing in common,they(GSP,Cain,Aldo)made a mistake and paid by getting KOed earlier in the match.

And the rematches proved that by taking the right approach the results CAN change.

Aldo is a grappler turned striker with a very underrated wrestling game.
Yes Connie CAN KO him again if he clips him right but only a extremely biased person would straight up say he has no chance to win a rematch.

4 i am honest :) always
And have 0 problems discussing with well mannered persons.
1- It still doesn't excuse it though, and all it does is feed the trolls, which a lot of people seem to do on this site.

2- That's a good point, but life is not fair. The UFC can't risk going against its biggest draw, especially when the only other big draw is close to retirement. This is a product of the UFC putting their eggs on one basket after the JBJ scandal and shit.

3- No, I am not. How dare you accuse me of making facts, how freakin' dare you! Of course Aldo can win, he's a beast, but I'm just saying that it's very likely that we see Jose strike with Conor, and he would have a disadvantage there, so him getting put out again isn't out of the question.

4- Well, that is refreshing to see in a place such as this, where it's either troll or be trolled.

Ok, hyperbolic thread title aside, it's still mostly true (especially if you're fighting at 155 or 145).

Think about it: Conor has improved by a LOT recently. He dominated Aldo and Alvarez so badly that you can't even look at those fight tapes for strategy if you're going up against him. In both Diaz fights, Conor was easily getting the better of Diaz until he gassed. And if you're an opponent fighting McGregor at 155 or 145, you can't count on that to happen.

The last guy to expose a ch*nk in McGregor's armor was Mendes, and Conor's takedown defense has improved greatly since then. I can see people rejecting this opinion because Diaz had success against Conor at 170, but to me, it's VERY clear that the success Diaz had was because of Conor gassing.
Get him in a choke cause he taps in lightning speed.

Conor haters are borderline retarded. It's actually cringeworthy to read their 'critiques' of the current pound for pound king.

He can only fight midgets. He struggles against anyone taller than him because his footwork sucks. Against midgets, they throw that short limbed overhand right, he leans back out the way with his feet still planted, and comes back with a left straight. That generates great power. Against Nate and Holloway, he couldn't land or generate KO power.

The blueprint to beating McGregor, is not being 2 inches shorter with T Rex limbs.

That's why he'll rematch Aldo next, no chance he fights Ferguson.

Except eddie tried several times but it was shook off easily as he couldnt get the correct distance.The only reason it was up against the cage was because as conor was turning him away his back hit the cage

Your response does not address the points I made though. I was replying to someone who stated that Conor's TDD was improved, and used Conor denying Eddie against the cage as evidence. I pointed out that defending TDs against the cage is very different that denying other types of TDs (including the ones Mendes successfully scored) and thus it is not necessarily an indication of improvement.

Eddie had two TD attempts before the one against the cage...one in the 1st, and again in the 2nd...and neither of those attempts was remotely "explosive" in nature. All I am saying is that the way Conor dealt with Eddie tells us very little about how much he has improved vs. the TDs of someone like Mendes, for example.

Last edited:
Back