there's no proof that fedor wasn't in his prime when he fought werdum,hendo and bigfoot

Look who's nitpicking parts of fights now <36> I find hypocrisy amusing and all but I'll stick to all the moments Fedor was violently going 100% with GnP and Nogueira could do nothing but absorb the shots. Werdum would have broken every bone in Fedor's arms if he kept doing that but the arm triangle did the job just as well. Fedor using the same old strategy did not work against the new breed. He was surpassed while in his prime, that's why he ducked the rest of the division and then retired.

Your problem seems to be that you don't process what you're seeing with any nuance whatsoever. If you can't recognize the difference between Fedor's patient GNP vs Nog and his throwing the kitchen sink at Werdum, I don't know that there's anything I can do to help you. I already pointed out the blatantly obvious difference where Fedor trapped Nog's right leg vs his making zero attempt to control Werdum's. I pointed out Fedor's posturing up vs Nog, do you know what that means? It means whenever he felt Nog trying to work his legs, Fedor would pop out and have his spine and head completely vertical. This nullifies a triangle attempt. Now watch that Werdum fight and tell me if Fedor made any attempt to posture up once he dropped Werdum

Your problem seems to be that you don't process what you're seeing with any nuance whatsoever. If you can't recognize the difference between Fedor's patient GNP vs Nog and his throwing the kitchen sink at Werdum, I don't know that there's anything I can do to help you. I already pointed out the blatantly obvious difference where Fedor trapped Nog's right leg vs his making zero attempt to control Werdum's. I pointed out Fedor's posturing up vs Nog, do you know what that means? It means whenever he felt Nog trying to work his legs, Fedor would pop out and have his spine and head completely vertical. This nullifies a triangle attempt. Now watch that Werdum fight and tell me if Fedor made any attempt to posture up once he dropped Werdum

Here is the nuance you're lacking: Werdum is not Nogueira, he is 10x better especially in 2010. Why didn't Fedor do this against Werdum if it worked on Nog? Werdum didn't allow it. Why didn't FEdor do that against Werdum if it worked on Nog? Werdum was too good.

Are you starting to realize where your tiny mind goes wrong with that mindset?

I respect Nogueira, but few fighters have ever relied more on chin and heart than him. There are nearly 10 fights where the only reason he didn't get finished was because of his chin and heart. Once that was gone in the late 00s, he only got one more submission win for the rest of his career.

Look who's I'll stick to all the moments Fedor was violently going 100% with GnP and Nogueira could do nothing but absorb the shots. Werdum would have broken every bone in Fedor's arms if he kept doing that but the arm triangle did the job just as well.

Some more learning material for you. Nog was known to have the strongest grip in MMA. It's what made his guard so dangerous for even the most well-versed BJJ players. Once he grabbed a limb, you were fucked.

ShrillPlasticIrukandjijellyfish.gif

FatalBoilingHoki.gif

PerkyPleasantBinturong.gif

And btw, 30yo Nog won a decision over 28yo Werdum in Pride. Nog outclassed him on the feet, which was to be expected, but he also more than held his own on the ground with Werdum

Here is the nuance you're lacking: Werdum is not Nogueira, he is 10x better especially in 2010. Why didn't Fedor do this against Werdum if it worked on Nog? Werdum didn't allow it. Why didn't FEdor do that against Werdum if it worked on Nog? Werdum was too good.

Are you starting to realize where your tiny mind goes wrong with that mindset?

I respect Nogueira, but few fighters have ever relied more on chin and heart than him. There are nearly 10 fights where the only reason he didn't get finished was because of his chin and heart. Once that was gone in the late 00s, he only got one more submission win for the rest of his career.

Why didn't Fedor just travel back in time to get into his prime for his fight vs Werdum? Good question. He probably should've done that

"Why didn't Fedor do this against Werdum if it worked on Nog?"

I mean, I'm not sure how to even approach that question. Why didn't Anderson Silva simply KO Bisping with a front kick if it worked on Vitor?

Just watch the Fedor/Werdum clip. Try to notice how Fedor made zero attempt to control Werdum, notice how instead he just rushed in recklessly. You're suggesting he was simply unable to do anything otherwise, because a 33yo Werdum who'd recently been cut by the UFC is just that much better than a 27yo ranked #1 in the world HW champ Nog

Or maybe 34yo Fedor just wasn't as good as 27yo Fedor

It was the premier division for years before 2013 ya dolt!

Don't comment about a time period in MMA where you werent watching.

GSP was one of my favorite fighters ever, let me know when he fought?? Was it before 2013?? Dolt!

Try again!

Dan wasn't out of his prime.

He was on TRT... which actually coincided with all of the biggest wins of his career and his vaunted "knockout power"... which he didn't have before TRT or after TRT.
lol if that helps you sleep at night , fedor got his ass beat by an old man , I'm sure fedor was so clean in Japan

Lol ok noob…sorry I argue with facts while you cry with shit opinions lil bitch lol!

So cringey lol what facts? That the list I listed were all at the highest levels of MMA at the same time? So your claim is trash?

Lol learn what you're watching internet tough guy.

Call me a noob with your 2017 account is laughable and your av is even worse. Are you dumb enough to be a mittrione fan or pathetic enough to be that much of a hater of Fedor that your account revolves around it?

So cringey lol what facts? That the list I listed were all at the highest levels of MMA at the same time? So your claim is trash?

Lol learn what you're watching internet tough guy.

Call me a noob with your 2017 account is laughable and your av is even worse. Are you dumb enough to be a mittrione fan or pathetic enough to be that much of a hater of Fedor that your account revolves around it?

Haha you are so desperate and insecure that you use sherdog join date as a diss? You are the smartest retard on a short bus lolz! #FACTSOVERSHITOPINIONS

Haha you are so desperate that you use sherdog join date as a diss? You are the smartest retard on a short bus lolz! #FACTSOVERSHITOPINIONS

What facts have you stated? You just have been trying weak troll attempts without the balls to use your real account, pussy.

I am going to bless you with letting you have the last word, because your troll attempts are no longer amusing.

What facts have you stated? You just have been trying weak troll attempts without the balls to use your real account, pussy.

I am going to bless you with letting you have the last word, because your troll attempts are no longer amusing.

Do you even read the posts that you reply to?? If you did you wouldn’t be asking these dumb questions. Nice try!

lol if that helps you sleep at night , fedor got his ass beat by an old man , I'm sure fedor was so clean in Japan

If he was dirty in Japan, he would be just as dirty in the United States.

It's not like Brock Lesnar and Alistair Ubereem weren't the champs of the American orgs at the time lol

Werdum and Hunts accomplishments in the UFC are, on paper at least, greater than Nogs...what the hell are you talking about dude?

Nog won the HW title, Hunt never did that. Werdum success came after his stint in Strike Force, his initial run right out id Pride was pretty lackluster.

And Werdum who kicked Cain's ass and won the UFC title.

Or Reem who KTFO JDS, earned a title shot and dropped Stipe and should have beat him

Or 40 year old Hunt who beat Black Beast, Nelson, Rothwell, Mir, Kongo, Struve and Bigfoot.

Barnett beat Nelson and Arlovski

Nelson is 2-4 against PRIDE fighters

Sergei KTFO Reem and Arlovski after PRIDE

Fedor finished Arlovski, Sylvia and Rogers after PRIDE

Funny how a lot of these guys were old and worn out from wars in PRIDE yet still won UFC gold and beat a lot of top UFC fighters

Werdum's resurgence came after hus stint in Strikeforce, his initial run right after Pride was lackluster. Or Reem who has 5 KOs losses in the UFC including to guys like Travis Browne and Ben Rothwell. Who won UFC gold that you listed besides Werdum, who didn't do it after his initial run transitioning from Pride? The rest had above average to mediocre runs after Pride including arguably the top two Fedor and CroCop looking completely outmatched after leaving Japan.

Nog won the HW title, Hunt never did that. Werdum success came after his stint in Strike Force, his initial run right out id Pride was pretty lackluster.

I don't see how any of what you just said supports the idea that nobody but Nog had any success out outside of Pride, if that was you that I was responding to that said only Nog held his own after Pride died.

You're right they're not similar fighters. Werdum is infinitely better than Nog ever was at any point in his career at any aspect of MMA. Tell me, what do you think Werdum does to Sapp? Does Sapp slam Werdum on his head causing him permanent spine and neck injuries, and does Werdum struggle to submit him for what seems like eternity? Sounds silly right.

"Werdum is Infinity better than Nog ever was at any point in his career at any aspect of MMA?"

Werdum lost a clear decision to Nog at one point.

I suppose now you'll find some bizarre nuanced point that somehow justifies your whole argument to yourself but is actually just you talking out your ass some more.

Back