there's no proof that fedor wasn't in his prime when he fought werdum,hendo and bigfoot

We know for sure had Big Nog won against Mir , Fedor would have been in the UFC.

LOL @ idolizing other men and living voraciously through them. If you think a fighter losing has any affect of me personally then you're just projecting. Around the SF years, many Fedor fans personally told me that they were literally going through sorts of depressions because of Fedor's losses. Maybe that's your problem, and Fedor agrees with ME not you. He thinks the fan worship is highly creepy too and he definitely doesn't give a shit about these threads.

Fedor isn't even my favorite fighter you weirdo. Check my post history, I've said a billion times that Shogun is and always will be my GOAT

He was already looking so slow and lackluster while still winning against Hunt, Arlovski and Rogers.

The same way GSP didn't look his best versus Condit and Diaz. He had bad knees but luckily those guys had no takedown defense whatsoever so he was still able to beat them. By the time he ran into Hendricks, GSP was slowing down and Johny was on the way up.

GSP retired at 32 while Fedor started losing at 33. They both started at 23. It is crazy how people bash Fedor for continuing to fight but then praise GSP for quitting
Just because fedor didn't look that good against good-decent opponents doesn't mean fedor was out of his prime

Nope you are wrong, it is not easier. You try to say that shit everytime but FACTS are GSP has 18 top 5 wins while fedor does not even come close to that…4-4 on American soil under testing as well…
He started 4-0 in America... Do you think people are as good at the end of their career as they are in the beginning and middle?

If Nog, CC, Barnett and the UFC champ(Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog) were in the top 5 for an entire decade...how was Fedor supposed to keep racking up these "top 5" ranked wins?

It was absolutely easier to be ranked top 5 at WW than HW in the 2000s. You should know this. What year did you start watching MMA?

Fedor tried to fight Barnett but Barnett refused once and failed his drug test another time. UFC legally blocked Randy from fighting Fedor. UFC was too scared to give Fedor a one fight contract vs Brock.

Imo, Werdum for sure beat a "in prime" Fedor, and Bigfoot as well...Fedor didn't take any damage from Werdum. I think by the Hendo fight he was a different fighter though, the Silva fight was fucking brutal. Not saying Fedor didn't have his moments in the Hendo fight, but...still think that's where he really started going down hill.

IMO you should be able to tell pretty easily he wasnt in his prime against Rogers anymore, and that was before Werdum..

He started 4-0 in America... Do you think people are as good at the end of their career as they are in the beginning and middle?

If Nog, CC, Barnett and the UFC champ(Arlovski, Sylvia, Nog) were in the top 5 for an entire decade...how was Fedor supposed to keep racking up these "top 5" ranked wins?

It was absolutely easier to be ranked top 5 at WW than HW in the 2000s. You should know this. What year did you start watching MMA?

Fedor tried to fight Barnett but Barnett refused once and failed his drug test another time. UFC legally blocked Randy from fighting Fedor. UFC was too scared to give Fedor a one fight contract vs Brock.

This is the typical fedor fan delusion. Always something else or someone else's fault except his own.

Fedor isn't even my favorite fighter you weirdo. Check my post history, I've said a billion times that Shogun is and always will be my GOAT

You make a statement like "Shogun will always be my GOAT" and then call others weirdos? Nice self-awareness there kid.

Most guys are in their prime from 25-32. Fedor was 33 or 34 when he fought WErdum. Still was able to turn it on after at times. Like when he blitzed Pedro.

- He broke his hand repeatedly for several years starting in 2003. You can't punch, grapple or lift weights when your hand is always broken. Even his own teammates said Fedor could no longer use his hand for takedowns for a while there.

- He had already lost in Sambo before he lost in MMA

- he had 10 years of competing in MMA by 2010, on top of competing in Sambo concurrently and an entire judo career before all that

- he was obviously slower and smaller by the time he started losing.

- he had already looked slow and lackluster in some of his last wins like vs Hunt and Arlovski

- Werdum, Bigfoot and TRT Hendo were not chumps anyway. These are good fighters fighting a declined Fedor.

Why focus on his losses when he went 10 years undefeated and was the consensus #1 for 7 years? Only other person to stay on top that long was Jose Aldo and the same new fans are dragging his name through the mud now too. Everyone eventually loses if they fight long enough.

Fedor did not even lose until 33 years old.

Fedor and GSP both debuted at 23. GSP retired at 32 years old with 2 (or 3) losses after struggling with Hendricks. He only came back for one fight vs a 38 year old one eyed Bisping. Had GSP kept fighting all these years he would have eventually lost again just like Fedor and everyone else. Why is that so hard to understand for new fans?
Some sense and logic right here. Thank you!

IMO you should be able to tell pretty easily he wasnt in his prime against Rogers anymore, and that was before Werdum..

They called Sylvia the best performance of his career. They claimed he didn't get hit once against Arlovski before knocking him out. Yet one fight later he's past his prime? Doesn't add up. Sorry, nobody outside your club is buying it. You don't go from "most elusive fighter in all of MMA!" to past prime the next fight which happened to be in a cage.

Fedor's shortcomings which were always there, simply became more apparent the moment he stepped outside the ring into the octagon.

And ended his career 4-4 in America.

Never easier to be ranked at ww, throughout the years hw has been trash and everybody knows that.

It’s funny how I use FACTS to support my argument while you use opinion. #winning

This is the typical fedor fan delusion. Always something else or someone else's fault except his own.

It was obviously easier to be ranked in the WW top 5 than HW top 5 in the 2000s. You know how hard that was to unseat Nog, CC, Barnett, Sylvia in the top 5? They rarely lost and never twice in a row. Those guys boss hogged the top 5 for several years.

No excuses need to be made for Fedor.

No other HW went 10 years undefeated.

No other HW went 11 years without being KO'ed.

Only other fighters to be #1 at their weight for 7 years like Fedor were Anderson, GSP and Aldo and those are arguably the 4 GOATs

GSP retired at 32 while Fedor started losing at 33. They both started at 23. It is crazy how people bash Fedor for continuing to fight but then praise GSP for quitting

Very compelling point. For people who were actually watching MMA at the time, it was clear that Fedor was seemingly beginning to coast. You could see it in his gameplanning (or lack thereof) and his basic fighting style. He became a headhunter when that was so ridiculously opposite of the Fedor that we saw break onto the MMA scene in the early 2000s with his brutal beatdowns of Herring, Schilt and Nog (those are the 3 early Fedor fights that most stand out to me). Fedor went from a fighter who was intent on physically punishing his opponent the duration of the fight to a guy who looked to get out of the ring/cage as quickly as possible with an early finish. And he threw everything into these early finish attempts, which you can clearly see vs Werdum and Hendo when he had both rocked and proceeded to foolishly attempt to wrap it up asap

Someone mentioned Fedor's hand injuries. This absolutely without a doubt played a major role in the path his career took. The Fedor we saw vs Herring simply couldn't exist with the hand injuries he was perpetually dealing with later in his career. It's a different injury, but note Fedor vs Hunt, when Fedor suffered a foot injury early in the fight. You could see Fedor shift from his classic feeling out of his opponent to becoming very impatient to the point where he was actually headhunting Mark fucking Hunt. He was trying to ko Hunt but then when Hunt hit him with the hard punches to the back of the head it's like it flipped a switch and pissed Fedor off and he proceeded to finish him on the ground shortly after that

Ur such a nerdie ts

It was obviously easier to be ranked in the WW top 5 than HW top 5 in the 2000s. You know how hard that was to unseat Nog, CC, Barnett, Sylvia in the top 5? They rarely lost and never twice in a row. Those guys boss hogged the top 5 for several years.

No excuses need to be made for Fedor.

No other HW went 10 years undefeated.

No other HW went 11 years without being KO'ed.

Only other fighters to be #1 at their weight for 7 years like Fedor were Anderson, GSP and Aldo and those are arguably the 4 GOATs

Nice inflation on those questionable numbers. Several of those years he fought cans or freakshows, and he was never "10 years undefeated". He had a decent stretch from around 2003 to 2005, maybe one more year if we're being kind. Then he stopped fighting the best and became a can crusher/past prime opponent chaser.

He's not a top 5 all time great HW. He had that chance to become one in SF but it was proven that he was not good enough.

And ended his career 4-4 in America.

Never easier to be ranked at ww, throughout the years hw has been trash and everybody knows that.

It’s funny how I use FACTS to support my argument while you use opinion. #winning
HW has only been trash for a few years. It was still a good division in 2013. It has really gone downhill the last few years.

There were even Tournaments at Heavyweight to decisively decide things. Fedor and Nog met in the 2004 finals but Sergei gave Nog a very close fight in the semi-final. Cro Cop and Barnett reached the finals in 2006 but Nog beat Barnett a few months later.

Werdum/Sergei, Aleks/Sergei, Nog/Barnett 2x, CC/Nog...I could go on and on about all the really close competitive and epic HW fights of that era.

Nog, CC, Barnett, Arlovski and Sylvia were always top 5 and held that shit on lockdown, but all the other HWs ranked just below them gave them a lot of very competitive matches.

Totally different from UFC WW where Serra is given an instant title shot from winning TUF Comebacks and actually upsetting the champ GSP and making him tap to strikes.

You make a statement like "Shogun will always be my GOAT" and then call others weirdos? Nice self-awareness there kid.

Every actual fan has their own personal GOAT, particularly in an individual sport like MMA. Nothing strange about that at all unless, of course, you have some weird neurotic insecurities

They called Sylvia the best performance of his career. They claimed he didn't get hit once against Arlovski before knocking him out. Yet one fight later he's past his prime? Doesn't add up. Sorry, nobody outside your club is buying it. You don't go from "most elusive fighter in all of MMA!" to past prime the next fight which happened to be in a cage.

Fedor's shortcomings which were always there, simply became more apparent the moment he stepped outside the ring into the octagon.

I dont know who are "they" you are talking about, and I dont care. Just because he beat Arlovski and Sylvia easily does not mean he was still at his best. IMO Fedors prime was around 2002-2006, I dont care what other people think. He had 16 fights during that time and started to slow down around the time he fought Coleman again and against Hunt.

Obviously he was still very good in 2008-2009, just not at his peak.

HW has only been trash for a few years. It was still a good division in 2013. It has really gone downhill the last few years.

There were even Tournaments at Heavyweight to decisively decide things. Fedor and Nog met in the 2004 finals but Sergei gave Nog a very close fight in the semi-final. Cro Cop and Barnett reached the finals in 2006 but Nog beat Barnett a few months later.

Werdum/Sergei, Aleks/Sergei, Nog/Barnett 2x, CC/Nog...I could go on and on about all the really close competitive and epic HW fights of that era.

Nog, CC, Barnett, Arlovski and Sylvia were always top 5 and held that shit on lockdown, but all the other HWs ranked just below them gave them a lot of very competitive matches.

Totally different from UFC WW where Serra is given an instant title shot from winning TUF Comebacks and actually upsetting the champ GSP and making him tap to strikes.

Head to head GSP wins crushes fedors and that’s a fact not only by statistics/facts but also by legscy’s as well.

HW has always been trash before 2013 as well, just the way it goes.

ive been saying this for years... fedor needed to fight in the ufc and prove himself... as far as im concerned hes not the best ever... hes not even close.

Anyone who watched Fedor throughout his career noticed him visibly slowing and fighting different by his Arlovski and Rogers fights.

He was someone like Rampage who regressed into a pure head hunter puncher/brawler. Like Rampage he had incredible takedowns and GnP he mixed into his striking fluidly earlier in his career. Fedor and GSP were probably the best at transitioning to grappling from striking in MMA history.

But by the time he fought Arlovski he was content to just put up his hands and plod forward. Initially Arlovski was having success with movement and dynamic striking. If he didn't jump right into an overhand right he might have been the man to dethrone Fedor. But despite the KO Fedor looked slow and plodding.

Against Rogers he was basically a sloppy brawler. His plodding style was starting to catch up to him as Rogers had some initial success basically with size and strength alone. Whereas just 3-4 years earlier Fedor would have likely blitzed him with incredible speed and pounded a much slower Rogers on the ground similar to Goodridge.

I think you are neglecting how fast great fighters can fall off. Tyson went from the baddest man on the planet to a bum over like 6 years. RJJ went from untouchable p4p #1 to basically late career Chuck Liddell over 2 fights. Anderson went from having the best run in UFC history at the time to getting knocked out, getting his leg broken, getting a win overturned for PEDs, losing to fucking Bisping, getting manhandled by Cormier, and failing another test for PEDs.

Back