There will be blood

Who gets the win?

• Ferguson

• Nurmagomedov

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ugh. First its "when khabib faces a striker he will get koed"

And now were back to "a grappler who can strike". Im pretty sure he already beat rda.

He beat RDA before he was at his best. The version tony beat was much better and tony beat him convincingly everywhere.

Also it should be pretty obvious that a guy who can somewhat compete with Khabib in the grappling department and has much better striking has a better chance to beat Khabib than a guy who has better striking but nowhere near as good grappling.

He beat RDA before he was at his best. The version tony beat was much better and tony beat him convincingly everywhere.

Also it should be pretty obvious that a guy who can somewhat compete with Khabib in the grappling department and has much better striking has a better chance to beat Khabib than a guy who has better striking but nowhere near as good grappling.
How many guys can compete w khabib in grappling? Who is this fictional group of characters that khabib is ducking?

Basic style matchup I go with Khabib, how Fergerson might be able to limit his GnP with his sub grappling is questionable but I still favour him there. I think Tony's main hope is cardio but I'm loathed to pick a fight based on that unless one fighter is really bad and Khabib isn't.

How many guys can compete w khabib in grappling? Who is this fictional group of characters that khabib is ducking?

Well, between Michael Johnson/Edson/ferg I would say Ferguson can compete with him much better than the other two.

I'd say tibau did a pretty good job as well.

Also I never said anything about ducking, I made an observation that Ferguson has a style better suited to beat a pure grappler than Khabibs best recent wins. You are trying to put words in my mouth instead of arguing that point.

I recently rewatched all of the UFC fights for both these guys. I wanted to make sure everything was fresh in my mind again. It’s such a big fight. And, I didn’t want to just trust my memory. Because that’s alot of fights stretching over many years.

After rewatching all those fights. It’s obvious both are hittable. But, they don’t often show any real ill affects.

I don’t think Khabib will get caught in a sub. He’s taken big shots. But, only shown what I would call any noticeable affects of them one or two times. He takes strikes but pretty much walks through them and keeps coming foward. He can be backed up. But then he just stops almost unexpectedly and comes forward throwing a combo. Khabib’s grappling pressure and GnP is really impressive.

Tony’s team need to make sure he’s aware of flying knees late in any round. He needs to watch for them. And expect that tendency of Khabib to suddenly come forward with a combo. While he is being backed up.

It’s mma so either guy could win. And no outcome of this fight could surprise me.

I have to pick Khabib.

Until they're in the cage I'm not convinced it's happening.

I'd very very slightly favour Khabib though
I'm with u, til they touch gloves I'm not sure it happen. They should both agree to stop training now and don' leave house so they stay healthy

Ugh. First its "when khabib faces a striker he will get koed"

And now were back to "a grappler who can strike". Im pretty sure he already beat rda.

Tony beat him also, for 5 rounds , not for 3.

He also has more unorthodox striking and better subs,

Think we can all agree the fans of the sport are the real winners if these two actually make it to the cage!

Im worried about being disappointed again but also unbelievably excited for this fight.

Tony will drown Khabib like the rest. Khabib shoulda showed up at 3 rounds

Tony beat him also, for 5 rounds , not for 3.

He also has more unorthodox striking and better subs,
I am not saying anything against Tony,i think it will be a hell of a fight. But to imply Khabib has been given favorable matchups up to this point or that theres a slew of guys out there that would expose him somehow??

The knock against Khabib has always been his striking,and his victory against Barboza was a satisfying one,that he can win regardless of the other guys striking.Yes Tony should be a much tougher test,i just dont wanna hear bitching that he hasnt been given the right opponents. Its a slow build cos of the injuries,but hes been brought up the right way in the UFC facing all manner of opponents and styles on the way.

Last edited:
I like Tony and it won't hurt my feelings if he wins and think either guy fucks Conor's life up. But I'm taking Khabib by doing what Khabib does to everyone. I can't get that Kevin Lee fight out of my head. Tony can and will be controlled.

I am not saying anything against Tony,i think it will be a hell of a fight. But to imply Khabib has been given favorable matchups up to this point or that theres a slew of guys out there that would expose him somehow??

The knock against Khabib has always been his striking,and his victory against Barboza was a satisfying one,that he can win regardless of the other guys striking.Yes Tony should be a much tougher test,i just dont wanna hear bitching that he hasnt been given the right opponents. Its a slow build cos of the injuries,but hes been brought up the right way in the UFC facing all manner of opponents and styles on the way.

Good Floki, but don't be such a trickster, no one ( at least not me) says Khabib had easy path.

Khabib improved his striking, but it could be his downfall, cause if he strikes with Tony for long,
he would be picked apart.

As for injuries and weight cuts, that's a knock on his stupid camp, that lets him wrestle DC
and eat Tiramisu during weight cut week.

Still it's a fight i am reaaly wating for.

Can you make sacrifice to the Gods that it happens at last?

Good Floki, but don't be such a trickster, no one ( at least not me) says Khabib had easy path.

Khabib improved his striking, but it could be his downfall, cause if he strikes with Tony for long,
he would be picked apart.

As for injuries and weight cuts, that's a knock on his stupid camp, that lets him wrestle DC
and eat Tiramisu during weight cut week.

Still it's a fight i am reaaly wating for.

Can you make sacrifice to the Gods that it happens at last?
I believe it will happen. I dont spend my days worrying about that. Too much discussion about the fight has this useless worrying..pointless to keep bringing it up,we all know what happened in the past. I expect the fight to happen and be epic and glorious.

I like Tony and it won't hurt my feelings if he wins and think either guy fucks Conor's life up. But I'm taking Khabib by doing what Khabib does to everyone. I can't get that Kevin Lee fight out of my head. Tony can and will be controlled.
Kevin lost badly. Like if a street fight he would be dead with no ref to stop his strangulation. You mean winning until he lost? Yeah its normal Tonys opponents have no choice but to throw kitchen sink at him due to his range/cardio so they will look good early..he's a lot like max in this respect. Many look good early.

Last edited:

Greatest LW fight in the history of the sport imo. A true battle for the best fighter in the world.
Hard to pick, but I think Khabib might get it done.

Will be interesting to see if Khabib can smash for 25 mins straight.

Everyone smart thinks Khabib will win and people who like style over stubstence and "cool stuff, though" will say Ferg.

Back