there was some familiarity and comfort listening to Goldberg

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I enjoyed listening to Goldberg, he made the prelims seem legit professional which they usually do not seem for Bellator, glad they got him. also it was fun to see him enjoy himself, going full aware and blasting his famous lines as much as possible and them mentioning that there is pool going between how many times he would call jimmy joe

The event last night had me feeling like Bellator could topple the UFC.. everything from the fights to the presentation to the presence of Goldberg

If the fights turned out amazing, Bellator would have gained mad steam but even so...

I'm glad Bellator put on a great event on paper

I was there at msg so didnt catch the broadcast. Was it him (goldie) jimmy smith as well as mauro?

#cornuts

Yeah, I'd definitely agree. I was glad when Goldberg left the UFC but it was definitely nice hearing from him at Bellator last night.

I think one of the best parts of the production was Thompson, Ranallo, and Schaub on the panel. I really enjoyed their banter and they just seemed to be having fun while giving a little bit of insight into the fights coming up.

Did he commentate the PPV also? Or just the prelims on Spike?

Yeah, I'd definitely agree. I was glad when Goldberg left the UFC but it was definitely nice hearing from him at Bellator last night.

I think one of the best parts of the production was Thompson, Ranallo, and Schaub on the panel. I really enjoyed their banter and they just seemed to be having fun while giving a little bit of insight into the fights coming up.
Very good team, every one of them.

Yep. Dumbest move by the new UFC owners-getting rid of the voice of the UFC.

The event last night had me feeling like Bellator could topple the UFC.. everything from the fights to the presentation to the presence of Goldberg

If the fights turned out amazing, Bellator would have gained mad steam but even so...

Let's be honest, we were not expecting most of those fights to be "amazing." Wanderlei vs. Sonnen was as expected. The result of Fedor vs. Mitrione should have been what we expected. Chandler vs. Primus was the major surprise of the night to me (an unpleasant one).

Bellator will always play second fiddle to the UFC, but that is not so bad. There are a lot of good fights to sell in that secondary talent.

I agree that Goldberg's familiar voice was a nice touch to the production.

Let's be honest, we were not expecting most of those fights to be "amazing." Wanderlei vs. Sonnen was as expected. The result of Fedor vs. Mitrione should have been what we expected. Chandler vs. Primus was the major surprise of the night to me (an unpleasant one).

Bellator will always play second fiddle to the UFC, but that is not so bad. There are a lot of good fights to sell in that secondary talent.

I agree that Goldberg's familiar voice was a nice touch to the production.

Yeah that's true. But imagine the fights did turn up to be nail biting, super entertaining fights ... along with all the positives that Bellator showed off last night. Everyone on Sherdog would be wildin' out about Bellator and saying how Bellator is going to take over the UFC.

Yeah that's true. But imagine the fights did turn up to be nail biting, super entertaining fights ... along with all the positives that Bellator showed off last night. Everyone on Sherdog would be wildin' out about Bellator and saying how Bellator is going to take over the UFC.

I doubt it. Regardless of how good those fights were, UFC trolls would still be coming on here saying that Bellator is inferior because it showcases older fighters. Bellator is secondary to the UFC, and probably always will be, and I'm cool with that.

Last edited:

I have always felt that the UFC's production could use some polish. They were fortunate with the Fox deal, where they can hide behind Fox's football motif. Strikeforce/Bellator both have better wrapping. I liked Pride and Dreams style too.. but it was a bit too cartoony and over the top.

Was hoping the change in ownership would knock something loose in that area.

Goldberg was worse than ever as a commentator. I don't think Jimmy was impressed. I hope it's nothing more than a one-time thing.

Mauro and Jimmy worked well together though. I'd keep that combo.

Goldberg, Thomson, and Schaub were a good combo at the analyst table. Not technically as good as having someone like Cruz, but I found them more entertaining than what most of that sort of banter provides.

They did a great job it really added alot to the presentation with the all star team they got going on it really makes things fun and relaxed. The UFC feels so sterile now.

Schaub is a moron, the other two were good though.

I was there at msg so didnt catch the broadcast. Was it him (goldie) jimmy smith as well as mauro?

#cornuts

Did he commentate the PPV also? Or just the prelims on Spike?

goldie did pbp for prelims and spike portion while mauro was at the desk in between fights with josh thomson and schaub. mauro did pbp for the ppv and goldie siwtched with him at the desk. jimmy did the entire card.

Event sure delivered, and certainly had that UFC feeling.

#cornuts

Yeah, but not at the same time, Goldberg got the prelims, Mauro got the PPV.

I never understood the Goldie hate. Glad to see him working again. And it makes bellator seem more legit

I never understood the Goldie hate. Glad to see him working again. And it makes bellator seem more legit

I don't either... he's the guy you want to listen to when your drunk and watching a fight

Back