What are Your Thoughts on the BMF?

I don't think challengers get PPV points anymore. Only the belt holders.
Wasn't meaning to imply that as yes it's usually just the belt holder.

I meant that the two fighters are getting increased pay regardless for title fights. Title fights get paid out more both in purse and Venum sponsorship pay. So whether you're fighting for the BMF, interim, or undisputed is essentially the same.

Max and Justin would've been paid the same had they fought Ilia or Islam as they should've been. Though Justin probably got it here as he was defending his BMF title, in which case he may have made more if they gave him it here but didn't if his BMF title wasn't on the line against Islam.

No, just make it a yearly thing that can bounce around divisions. This year was 155, next year could be any division. Just wherever the baddest fight of the year is.

Its been used fairly sparingly and has resulted in 3 really fun fights and 2 great KO's...plus one epic moment.

I'm good with it

The most cringiest thing UFC has ever done. I told a non MMA fan about it and commented how lame it was.

Max/Justin didn’t need a BMF belt for it to be special.

It does make me think instead of BMF, you could call it the Open Weight belt. Whoever has it can challenge at any weight and they are just fun fights. BMF is some 90s era cringe.

Wasn't meaning to imply that as yes it's usually just the belt holder.

I meant that the two fighters are getting increased pay regardless for title fights. Title fights get paid out more both in purse and Venum sponsorship pay. So whether you're fighting for the BMF, interim, or undisputed is essentially the same.

Max and Justin would've been paid the same had they fought Ilia or Islam as they should've been. Though Justin probably got it here as he was defending his BMF title, in which case he may have made more if they gave him it here but didn't if his BMF title wasn't on the line against Islam.

At the same time, I think these guys were faced with taking the deal on the table (BMF), or hold out for another shot at the belt. And when you look at all the times someone has been promised a shot and it falls apart, I think they figured, "F it" let's take the BMF deal on the table.

Max took the BMF fight before Topuria beat Volk in the middle of January. I think if he thought there was a strong chance Topuria wins the FW belt, he would've turned down the BMF offer and waited to fight Topuria. If Max hand't been offered the BMF fight, I think Justin would've sat on the sidelines (with no one to fight) until Ramadan was over to get his shot at Islam. The timing was good and bad for both fighters.

Since the title fights cycle are so slow, just make BMF belts for every weight where FOTN fighters duke it for a bigger pay and 5 rounds. I dont give a fuck now, im kinda done with hoping the UFC goes for the true sport dynamics, they should incentizive action fights more
On the contrary...
There shouldn't be any weight classes or weigh-ins for that belt. The BMF belt should be the equivalent of the first UFC belt. No rules, no weight classes, no rounds...
Whoever is the toughest and best (BADDEST) wins and gets to wear that belt.
<5>

A real BMF doesn't care about weight class.

BMF title should be open weight

<{JustBleed}>

One of the worst ideas I've come across here in a good while.

Not for every division, but it would be cool if they split it into two open weight division belts. One BMF belt for the 125lbs to 155lbs range and another for the 170lbs to heavyweight fighters.

I like this BMF resurrgence and movement overall. They need to completely re-design in . Make it very different than the real title. Maybe it shpuld have advanced LED lighting that syncs up with phone

Only time I'd care about the BMF belt was if it had a different ruleset:

- damage is the only factor in deciding who wins
- takedown with no significant damage in a 25s period? that's a standup - no points
- no rounds
- 5 min time limit
- if nobody is finished or sufficiently fucked up it's a loss (not a draw) for both guys

Submissions count. Knockouts count. TKOs count.

Nothing else matters.

Finish (or really do a demolition job on the guy) or it's a loss, it's that simple - lads.

Book it Dana, ya bald goof!!!!!!

Back