There might be something to 'Alien: covenant' that nobody has mentioned, and it could be good-

Just like with the Star Wars prequels, it seems like they're just winging it and making shit up as they go. Prometheus had some serious issues with the plot, but there were at least interesting ideas there. Covenant seems to have nothing beyond Walter and David interacting. Should have just made the movie about them and cut out most of the crap with the other characters. They were just bland cannon fodder anyway.

It was frustrating. I heard a lot of people complaining here but, I always felt that about aliens was "stuck in the mud." I always preferred the Predator series IMHO. Maybe its my being a Arnie fan. I just liked the series better whereas, I enjoy Aliens but, there are far too much fuckery with space ships and planets not to mention absurd characters with no meaning. Reminds me of the random black guy in horror movies who you know is being fed to some monster or serial killer. Racist directors I blame.

I remember Winnona Ryder in Resurrection. Just running around with a boy haircut lol Hilarious. Would still smash lol

Last edited:
They basically make up this Alien universe as they go. I think a lot of us kind of assume there is some genius at the helm behind the story and had this entire Alien universe written out many years ago but its not even close to that.

Fast forward 30 years they start writing the background to the Alien and flip flop between having the Engineers create to xenomorphs to then David doing it. As I said in another thread I think the general problem with the sequels being made attempted to provided an answer for a question that was more fun without one. It's not that you can't provide this background, it's just that it's very easy to fuck up because the general idea behind Alien was largely thought up by one person and it was supposed to be a self contained movie.
This is literally what they do, just sit there and make it up as they go along.

We have all been strung along expecting something mind blowing about the creation of humans and species around the universe and kind of expecting some new kind of creature or adventure never seen before but it's all wishful thinking lol Truth is none of the writers have a clue what to do with it lol

What was the reason for the Engineer drinking that solution/black ooze in the opening scene of Prometheus? Prometheus was flawed and far from perfect but IMHO I felt it was better then AC. Hopefully, the next movie is great.

Hope he doesn't merge the 2 ; he's already mucked up what could have been a neat backstory for Aliens , though both Covenant and Prometheus are decent flicks but disappointing none the less.

Just saw the new Alien movie. Truly sick.. but really masterfully made.

I screamed like a kid and kicked a bottle on the floor in sheer panic.

Just came across this: LV-223
LV-223 = Leviticus 22:3 "Say to them: 'For the generations to come, if any of your descendants is ceremonially unclean and yet comes near the sacred offerings that the Israelites consecrate to the LORD, that person must be cut off from my presence. I am the LORD."

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/

The number 3, the opening sacrifice in Prometheus, and a series of other events standout. So much symbolism and mythology in that first movie. It was flawed because they pulled a lot of shit and adjusted much of what was explained. Like, the Engineers ending life but, not specifying the reasoning behind it all.

Terminator vs alien vs predator vs Batman....make it happen nerd gods

What was the reason for the Engineer drinking that solution/black ooze in the opening scene of Prometheus? Prometheus was flawed and far from perfect but IMHO I felt it was better then AC. Hopefully, the next movie is great.
He was creating life by sacrificing himself thus spawning the human (or another) species.

The blade runner and alien universes are the same

*mic drop*

In the aliens dvd extras it makes mention of the Tyrell corporation
IMG_20170203_003940_copy.jpg

and then this from the Prometheus blu-ray
524430_v1.jpg

He was creating life by sacrificing himself thus spawning the human (or another) species.

How does a Engineer dying create life? Some of the black ooze was responsible for killing absurd amounts of Engineers in the Prometheus movie so, how does this come about? It looked like a sacrefice but, I don't see that spawning life. Ooze kills people.

How does a Engineer dying create life? Some of the black ooze was responsible for killing absurd amounts of Engineers in the Prometheus movie so, how does this come about? It looked like a sacrefice but, I don't see that spawning life. Ooze kills people.
When the engineer dissolves his rich DNA creates a life cycle which creates us and evolution does the rest, it is theorized that the engineers have created other species on other planets aswell.

That particular class of engineer is believed to be some sort of creator where the ones in the ship were warriors so to speak. The black goo seems to affect different people/species accordingly.

One theory is that our sole purpose was for the impregnation and birth of the Xenomorph's and that is why the engineer spawns us from the black goo and his own DNA so our very DNA is a host for the perfect organism, the Xenomorph. We are nothing more than a scape goat for their grand finale, the perfect weapon.

This is backed in Alien when it is established that the Xenomorph carries traits of it's host, especially noticed in it's movements and how it is implied it rapes that one cabin member, the woman. Also Ash, when examining the face hugger? Says it is perfection and completely hostile so it's a weapon i.e. from the black goo.

Obviously you've seen the following events and how it all unfolds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entert...ott-says-prometheus-is-not-a-prequel-to-alien

Originally no it wasn't but I could never understand why after watching it then things just kept getting changed.

The whole thing is a mess now.
@SouthoftheAndes I just realised I answered this completely wrong to what you asked, I must have been tired!

Yes it was originally not linked to Alien but somehow in the Alien universe but was intended as a stand alone project and something new.

That didn't pan out lol and made no sense because Alien is heavily referenced from the start of the film.

There was a preview before this film for another movie; bladerunner 2. I have heard whispers that Scott has talked about both of the movies being in the same universe.

I think alien covenant could set up a merger between the two movies.. I started thinking this half way through the movie. Really, alien covenant IS a mixture of blade runner and alien, that's exactly what it is..

Could we see the cast from the upcoming blade runner chasing a certain rogue somebody into space? Seems like it would work.. There is definitely a mecha out of control with some emotional problems that needs to be dealt with. I think this is a crossover that that may be happening, or should. I wish I could write it lol.

Anybody else see this possibly happening?

I thought this was already confirmed in the Prometheus Blu-ray deleted scenes?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5949685/blu-ray-extra-ties-prometheus-to-blade-runner

When the engineer dissolves his rich DNA creates a life cycle which creates us and evolution does the rest, it is theorized that the engineers have created other species on other planets aswell.

That particular class of engineer is believed to be some sort of creator where the ones in the ship were warriors so to speak. The black goo seems to affect different people/species accordingly.

One theory is that our sole purpose was for the impregnation and birth of the Xenomorph's and that is why the engineer spawns us from the black goo and his own DNA so our very DNA is a host for the perfect organism, the Xenomorph. We are nothing more than a scape goat for their grand finale, the perfect weapon.

This is backed in Alien when it is established that the Xenomorph carries traits of it's host, especially noticed in it's movements and how it is implied it rapes that one cabin member, the woman. Also Ash, when examining the face hugger? Says it is perfection and completely hostile so it's a weapon i.e. from the black goo.

Obviously you've seen the following events and how it all unfolds.

Thanks for sharing brah.

Yeah. I found it confusing because, black Ooze manipulates us. A small amount does the same but more gradually.

As for the so called perfect weapon, Xeno(s) don't seem all that intelligent. Humans have outsmarted them throughout the series. Furthermore, we were created and fine until they decided to destroy us.

I ask, why? Unless they did as you said, made us to create a weapon but, it happened more gradually rather then having did so much sooner.

I just noticed watching Prometheus now, the cartoon anime of a Space Jockey/Engineer and the cartoon's battle mask. When I seen the anime, I thought, what a foolish drawing but, I just seen the Space Jockey's elephant-like battle helmet. Cool overall.

Thanks for sharing brah.

Yeah. I found it confusing because, black Ooze manipulates us. A small amount does the same but more gradually.

As for the so called perfect weapon, Xeno(s) don't seem all that intelligent. Humans have outsmarted them throughout the series. Furthermore, we were created and fine until they decided to destroy us.

I ask, why? Unless they did as you said, made us to create a weapon but, it happened more gradually rather then having did so much sooner.

I just noticed watching Prometheus now, the cartoon anime of a Space Jockey/Engineer and the cartoon's battle mask. When I seen the anime, I thought, what a foolish drawing but, I just seen the Space Jockey's elephant-like battle helmet. Cool overall.
No problem bud.

On the topic of the perfect weapon I can see where you are coming from but I think the thought process is the Xenomorphs are bread for a sole purpose, to kill all other life forms and continuously reproduce and find hosts thus tripling their numbers daily if possible this is what they live for.

And within themselves they are built for this, the tail, senses, movement, the mouth within the mouth even their blood is acidic a specie perfect for hunting and killing only matched my man and his (or in Aliens case, hers) technology and intelligence and will to survive.

They cannot be negotiated with as we can, they never stray from their purpose and sit no doubt at the top of the food chain if it wasn't for us. Imagine dropping them on an unknowing, unequipped enemy? You'd have no chance.

Hence the perfect weapon.

On the subject of us, it is implied we are a failure to the engineers perhaps because unlike the engineers and the Xenomorphs we don't live just for our purpose of survival and reproduction, we live for ourselves mostly and this in evolutionary terms makes us a failure, also could be a reason why we was suppose to be wiped out by the goo.

Maybe they deemed us not the perfect host? Perhaps even a threat? The arrogance of man would never allow him to bow to a foreign species not even if it created us hence we are no good to them and just a foe.

No problem bud.

On the topic of the perfect weapon I can see where you are coming from but I think the thought process is the Xenomorphs are bread for a sole purpose, to kill all other life forms and continuously reproduce and find hosts thus tripling their numbers daily if possible this is what they live for.

And within themselves they are built for this, the tail, senses, movement, the mouth within the mouth even their blood is acidic a specie perfect for hunting and killing only matched my man and his (or in Aliens case, hers) technology and intelligence and will to survive.

They cannot be negotiated with as we can, they never stray from their purpose and sit no doubt at the top of the food chain if it wasn't for us. Imagine dropping them on an unknowing, unequipped enemy? You'd have no chance.

Hence the perfect weapon.

On the subject of us, it is implied we are a failure to the engineers perhaps because unlike the engineers and the Xenomorphs we don't live just for our purpose of survival and reproduction, we live for ourselves mostly and this in evolutionary terms makes us a failure, also could be a reason why we was suppose to be wiped out by the goo.

Maybe they deemed us not the perfect host? Perhaps even a threat? The arrogance of man would never allow him to bow to a foreign species not even if it created us hence we are no good to them and just a foe.

Thanks for the well thought out response. Much appreciated. As a child, I loved space, planets, aliens, star wars/star track etc. so, the comprehension of all the endless possibilities is enticing.

I like your point on the perfect weapon. I totally see your point.

Hmmmm. I am more understanding of the Engineers/Space Jockey's decision to destroy us IF they kept the Jesus/Alien script and our crucifying him who was sent to save us was the final straw for human nature as a whole. This would make more sense to me.

Furthermore, the reddit link + the video about the story of Prometheus and mythology about Zeus, being given fire or attempt to steal fire from the Gods; that would jive well with the story, the original script about W. having a God Complex, seeking out Engineer/Space Jockey/Alien tech in attempt to terraform mars/moons/to create and of course, seek out immortality in the process; having been able to create like "the Gods."

Sadly, I felt like Prometheus lost its way and IMHO, it would have been better had it stuck with the original script. It was still better then the newest installment (or maybe, I need to give it another watch). Stealing Alien tech would align up with the mythology of Zeus and Prometheus, giving of fire/Alien tech, and chasing the Gods out of Mount Olympus.

I feel like the symbolism was lost along with the original script and it fell flat. Still, it was a good movie but, it could have been better IMHO.

Any truth here:

LV-223 = Leviticus 22:3 "Say to them: 'For the generations to come, if any of your descendants is ceremonially unclean and yet comes near the sacred offerings that the Israelites consecrate to the LORD, that person must be cut off from my presence. I am the LORD."

there is no way that I am the first person to comment on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/

I sort of wish they went with the Alien Christ concept. I am Christian and I wouldn't be offended lol though I am sure, many cucks would be. Likely, the reason they bailed on it but, creative genius was lost in doing so IMHO. Furthermore, i have heard the theory before that human nature was created along the lines of something Alien lol

Anyway, I love it. I need to pay better attention in these movies. One of my buddies is a model. Babes love him. We snuck into watch this once at the theater. He had no fucking clue what was going on or that other planets exist. LULz had

There was a preview before this film for another movie; bladerunner 2. I have heard whispers that Scott has talked about both of the movies being in the same universe.

I think alien covenant could set up a merger between the two movies.. I started thinking this half way through the movie. Really, alien covenant IS a mixture of blade runner and alien, that's exactly what it is..

Could we see the cast from the upcoming blade runner chasing a certain rogue somebody into space? Seems like it would work.. There is definitely a mecha out of control with some emotional problems that needs to be dealt with. I think this is a crossover that that may be happening, or should. I wish I could write it lol.

Please no more Danny McBride. He ruined Alien: Covenant.

I assumed as much along time ago with the whole android thing. But as the poster before said i sure as hell dont want to see them run BR to the ground now too so id rather them not flesh it out in a movie.

Its cool enough to just know that no need to go further

Thanks for the well thought out response. Much appreciated. As a child, I loved space, planets, aliens, star wars/star track etc. so, the comprehension of all the endless possibilities is enticing.

I like your point on the perfect weapon. I totally see your point.

Hmmmm. I am more understanding of the Engineers/Space Jockey's decision to destroy us IF they kept the Jesus/Alien script and our crucifying him who was sent to save us was the final straw for human nature as a whole. This would make more sense to me.

Furthermore, the reddit link + the video about the story of Prometheus and mythology about Zeus, being given fire or attempt to steal fire from the Gods; that would jive well with the story, the original script about W. having a God Complex, seeking out Engineer/Space Jockey/Alien tech in attempt to terraform mars/moons/to create and of course, seek out immortality in the process; having been able to create like "the Gods."

Sadly, I felt like Prometheus lost its way and IMHO, it would have been better had it stuck with the original script. It was still better then the newest installment (or maybe, I need to give it another watch). Stealing Alien tech would align up with the mythology of Zeus and Prometheus, giving of fire/Alien tech, and chasing the Gods out of Mount Olympus.

I feel like the symbolism was lost along with the original script and it fell flat. Still, it was a good movie but, it could have been better IMHO.

Any truth here:

I sort of wish they went with the Alien Christ concept. I am Christian and I wouldn't be offended lol though I am sure, many cucks would be. Likely, the reason they bailed on it but, creative genius was lost in doing so IMHO. Furthermore, i have heard the theory before that human nature was created along the lines of something Alien lol

Anyway, I love it. I need to pay better attention in these movies. One of my buddies is a model. Babes love him. We snuck into watch this once at the theater. He had no fucking clue what was going on or that other planets exist. LULz had
Space is undoubtedly the coolest and scariest thing in existence, I can read about it and watch videos on it for hours.

Also I believe the theory you are referring to is the Panspermia theory and it is one that theorizes the transference of life from space rocks to planets through bacteria and with the Earth being perfect for harbering life we have evolved from it but it would technically make us martians lol Defo would a read about.

LV-223 and the Alien story goes perfectly with worlds religions and I can't help but think this whole project started as am incredible idea and something they was planning to go real deep with and try something new but for whatever reason it has become lost.

Is it due to the writers? Or was it like you said they feared the backlash of exploring certain areas? Either way it is really sad for us fans.

Back