There is NO REASON Why PED's and Steroids Should Be Banned

steroids wouldnt necessarily make or break your cardio... it just makes it easier to get in fight shape during training and get to fight shape faster... it doesnt mean a non steroided person cant get into fight shape.

And look at someone like Conor who just has bad cardio, all the steroids in the world wont help him because he always uses too much energy do to poor technique, not bad but it could bet better and he can conserve energy better.

f5rNrGU.jpg
As usual the first response nails it.

you give way too much credit to steroids... have you ever seen a guy roid rage in a cage and it actually turn out well for them?

you should go watch james thompson fights and you will see how effective steroids are

You have a complete fundamental misunderstanding about steroids. Many of the types of steroids that we've seen fighters get popped for have nothing to do with rage and a lot of them have little to no effect on muscle size or strength.

The steroids that we've seen fighters get caught with are most often used to heal an injury more quickly or to aid in weight cutting. Basically they're used just to get the fighter to the fight so that they can get paid but there can be countless other benefits as well depending on what is being taken, little of which have to do with rage and strength.

And you'd have to be an idiot to think that fighters are risking their careers and reputations for substances that don't really do much.

You have a complete fundamental misunderstanding about steroids. Many of the types of steroids that we've seen fighters get popped for have nothing to do with rage and a lot of them have little to no effect on muscle size or strength.

The steroids that we've seen fighters get caught with are most often used to heal an injury more quickly or to aid in weight cutting but there are countless other benefits as well depending on what is being taken.

And you'd have to be an idiot to think that fighters are risking would risk their careers and reputations for substances that don't really do much.
healing quicker is a good reason to use steroids, it is silly to ban such a useful drug

i dont care for the reasons steroids are banned tbh, steroids should be legal and at the end of the day Jon is GOAT and Shogun fans (like myself) have to deal with it

i train bjj and been in plenty of fights/brawls growing up... even got arfrested for fighting once lol
If you train bjj you would know theres always that one asshole over 40 who is a white belt but wins every competition in his age group but gets no credit from coaches and no one wants to drill with the guy because simple choke drills will leave your neck stiff for 2 weeks and you realize there is no way you will be winning a BJJ tournament on any level without some form of steroids. Then after you train and youre out in the bar you think you're hot shit and some gym rat steroid monkey corners you and grabs you by the neck and it feels like a gorilla is holding you up against a wall the dude has veins popping out of his neck and you begin to wonder to yourself why do I train in the first place? But yeah, steroids don't do shit ... think what you want.

If you train bjj you would know theres always that one asshole over 40 who is a white belt but wins every competition in his age group but gets no credit from coaches and no one wants to drill with the guy because simple choke drills will leave your neck stiff for 2 weeks and you realize there is no way you will be winning a BJJ tournament on any level without some form of steroids. Then after you train and youre out in the bar you think you're hot shit and some gym rat steroid monkey corners you and grabs you by the neck and it feels like a gorilla is holding you up against a wall the dude has veins popping out of his neck. But yeah, steroids don't do shit ... think what you want.
i agree and i hate rolling against those guys, but then i watch my coach who is smaller than me tool this guy effortlessly while talking to the class telling him he is going to armbar him now and i realize im just not good haha

like yeah maybe steroids would help but when i see my coach handle him then i know im wrong... we just need to train more and get better... those old guys who muscle everybody have a weakness and im not huge so evena strong white belt is a pain in the ass

i agree and i hate rolling against those guys, but then i watch my coach who is smaller than me tool this guy effortlessly while talking to the class telling him he is going to armbar him now and i realize im just not good haha

like yeah maybe steroids would help but when i see my coach handle him then i know im wrong... we just need to train more and get better... those old guys who muscle everybody have a weakness and im not huge so evena strong white belt is a pain in the ass
Touche. Superior technique will overcome strength. But you have to be a black, brown or high purple for that. Good point.

also when i roll against my coach, it is the easiest roll ever and i dont get tired because my coach doesnt go full throttle on me and yet i will never score a point on him and if i do something positive it is honestly because he isnt even trying and when he decides to and gets bored he will tap me... so steroids no matter what wont help

The reason they are banned is because it's not fair to the minority of fighters who choose not to use them.

How about brain damage from being punched in the face by a roided individual? Is that not reason enough to keep them banned? Not to mention the fact that older fighters taking roids to stay relevant is pretty dangerous. Are you just going to ignore all the medical experts out there who say it's dangerous?

I agree, i was just posting all about this in another thread...

steroids dont make you a better fighter

steroids wont turn artem lobov into fedor LMAO
No, but they did turn a so so fighter called Overeem into Ubereem. You're obviously lacking in intelligence and really not worth arguing with though.

Steriods improve recovery, increase strength and add muscle mass. Those small advantages can be the difference in winning a fight or losing it. You are arguing against a strawman, no one who has any idea about PED's claims that they turn an average fighter into a title contender.
Idk man, the difference between TRT Vitor and whatever he is now is.... stark. Drugs aren't magic, but they're powerful and they work.

TS - consider this.

Fighter A comes from a big camp and has money and access to all of the latest and greatest HGC/steroids/blood doping.......

Fighter B comes from a small camp, not much funds, and very little access to PEDS.

How the is this fight fair?

Eventually, only the wealthiest, most sophisticated cheaters will win....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back