There is a possibility we may have to watch Fedor lose to Sonnen

Hopefully.

I'd love to see Chael beat Fedor.

The meltdown on here would be glorious. Even better than Chael tapping Shogun.

Not being a dick but have you ever been guillotined or attempted one? If you're strong enough you can often simply muscle a tap from your opponent
Not being a dick but have you ever grappled anyone worth a shit? He did not guillotine him with power. Ridiculous statement.

Not being a dick but have you ever grappled anyone worth a shit? He did not guillotine him with power. Ridiculous statement.

Obviously you need the basic technique, but anyone who doesn't think strength is a major benefit there is the #1 bullshit

ffs, of all the techniques in MMA that you could say roids would directly benefit, a guillotine choke has to be pretty up high on the list

That's pretty much the only notch left to be put in Chael's belt at this point. Just another line on MMA's best resume.

He didn't have great G&P, he was BJJ retarded, and he had mediocre striking.

Let's not forget that he outstruck Anderson Silva. His boxing is underrated. The one and only reason Chael was never truly elite is because he has godawful jiu jitsu.

He was never good. He talked his way into fights like McGregor, but all he had was a takedown. He didn't have great G&P, he was BJJ retarded, and he had mediocre striking.

Chael's a meme because Chael made himself a meme to get attention.
He fought Anderson who had a rib injury, and that's all that allowed him to take it to deep water.

The second fight is what would have happened in the first fight if Anderson was healthy. A rib injury greatly limits your mobility.

Even in the fights Chael has won, he hasn't looked great.

Remember the Paul Filho fight where he got arm-barred, screamed "tap," and then acted like he didn't mean it? He even whispered to himself "I fucked up."

A guy like that is destined to be treated as a joke in MMA. He couldn't even beat Tito who hasn't been doing anything for quite some time.

He was not a world class wrestler. He has no international wrestling accomplishments. On top of that, he named his son Thero, which is child abuse. Do you support child abusers?
You're an idiot. Chael was the most legit challenger A Silva faced

Obviously you need the basic technique, but anyone who doesn't think strength is a major benefit there is the #1 bullshit

ffs, of all the techniques in MMA that you could say roids would directly benefit, a guillotine choke has to be pretty up high on the list
Not even close. I'd rate most wrestling maneuvers over it

If you're strong enough you don't even have to secure your arm under the chin to finish a guillotine
I've tapped to jaw crushing guillotines ti guys 50 lbs lighter than me, again it's not about strength

I've tapped to jaw crushing guillotines ti guys 50 lbs lighter than me, again it's not about strength

True or false: strength can increase the effectiveness of a guillotine choke

True or false: strength can increase the effectiveness of a guillotine choke
It wouldn't really help a deep choke. It's already going to put you to sleep. I guess it could help secure it if the guy is doing nothing but tucking his chin.

It wouldn't really help a deep choke. It's already going to put you to sleep. I guess it could help secure it if the guy is doing nothing but tucking his chin.

Well agree to disagree then. Guys have fought out of deep guillotines before, but it's a lot less likely for that to happen the stronger you are and the more force you can apply

I would pick either of these heavies to KO chael. this is a HW tourney after all

Fedor would beat the shit out of Chael. Chael has no power and fedor can ambar him from his back.

As much as Fedor is a shadow of his former self I actually think his best chance at a win in the entire tourney is Chael as he doesn’t have to worry about any Knock our power and has an entire 3 rounds of catching him with something.

No it's no where near the top of the list. It would be below armbars, kimura, americana, kneebar, clinch work ect...

Marcelo Garcia says he focused so much on guillotines because they work well against significantly larger opponents. You think he's wrong and a stronger guy would just power out of his guillotine?

Back