There is a misconception about Ngannou's punching power...

tenor.gif
Shoutout to @notoriousb.i.gballs for creating that legendary thread

Edit. So you actually changed your username @Frankie Baby!

Last edited:
Even after the fight, can a man who's been tko'd by Struve be a gauge for punching power?
I DUNNO
hqdefault.jpg

AA & Reem were lifted up from the force of those shots. Not so much in other gifs.

He definitely hits quite hard. No doubt about it. But I think people are going conor like with hyping his power. Basically making the misconception that if he literally lays a finger on you your chin explodes. But his big KO's, are very much that. BIG PUNCHES. Those types of huge shots don't always land, and aren't always going to work on every opponent. Before Overeem, he beat guys not near the top, or guys of the downside of 30. And overeem was a tailored fire fight against a guy who's know for great offense, but often questionable defense and durability.

Stipe is definitely going to try and be the counterpoint to it. He likes short shots, crosses, and seemingly low arc hooks. Which is good for his sake, cause less likely to leave you open to a huge return shot. If Stipe drags him into that kind of striking match where it's chipping shots will N'gannou be able to outland a skilled guy like stipe before attrition sets in? Or will he be able to dictate and have Stipe engaging on his time and able to set up his big shots? And that's not even considering the fact that Stipe has an on paper edge in grappling credentials. Stipe from top is dangerous due to his liking and proficiency of short shots which translate well to damaging from top position.

Real interesting fight, cause unlike most HW tilts these days both are at a pretty good age as far athletic primes go so we're seeing a closely matched fight. Stipe definitely more seasoned in my eyes, N'gannou most likely has the physical edge. Should be good shit.

Everyone is hyped about how Francis punches very hard, but that's not the case if you watch the gifs carefully! Gif number one is AA vs the predator
giphy.gif

26gsvQLqINtsbl2vK.gif

Here is an old gif that shows the pit bull getting dropped in the same way
sylvia_arlovski_medium.gif

AA has the the tendency to throw his head with his punches and when he gets clobbered on the other side, it makes the impact double! It's like hitting a car head on!
Let's look at Econoreem's KO
639ba-brownereem.gif

giphy.gif

Overseen has the tendency to keep his head not protected and relies too much on head movements and it always cost him! You would think a k-1 world champ would learn by now!
Moral of the story, AA and Overeem are the wrong measuring stick for any fighter and that includes Francis!
<mma4>

Honestly mean this

I'm more impressed with how he finished KLB Henrique than these two top 5's

Back