There is a LOT of racism talk on Sherdog. And I just have to ask.....

The only racism in the US that gets noticed is when whites do it. When other races do it, not so much. Arabs in Detroit were calling blacks Abeed which is a derogatory term towards blacks and it only made the local news. It would have made national news if whites did it. The comments blacks leave on FB when Asian are involved seem pretty fucking racist to me, it just doesn't matter as much. They're a minority so it makes it somewhat okay.

Politically charged language like that has become co-opted by the liberal agenda in our country, sadly. Rather than present genuine examples of wrongdoing or hate, many of these liberals think it is sufficient to scream, "Liberal", and worse, that the validity of their argument is proportional to their personal hysteria during their abuse of these terms.

You see maps that looks like this from the nerds all the time:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html

article-2325502-19D0189E000005DC-313_634x274.jpg

The problem is that you have your own bizarre social dynamics elsewhere, and one example is the European inferiority complex where they just presume that all Americans are fat, stupid, ignorant, or uncouth. Typically, I've noticed the non-Americans who subscribe most fervently to these beliefs display the strongest correlation to those attributes themselves. They're rarely aware where their own countries actually stack up.

That's why you see the anti-American pile-on every four years during the Summer Olympics where suddenly China becomes the good guy and everyone is cheering them on. It's that inferiority complex mentality. You gotta rise above it.

Bull shit...

Bull shit...
So the WaPo is "fake news" for you, too, when it offers objective data not to your liking?

Also, I find it jarring when someone spells "bull shit" as two words. Please stop.

Is there really that much racism in the USA? I mean, I am in Canada, and aside from a very few people, racism really doesn't exist. At least in my experience. At my workplace, there are about 100 employees, and they represent nearly 40 countries. It is the same everywhere. There are just people from all over wherever you go.
America is very racist Americans are racist... We tolerate each other but for the most part we all have stereotypical views that could be perceived as racist. Ethnicity if the first thing we notice... Some people are honest enough to admit it and try to work on it while others are full of shit and won't admit. But people in the U.S. are generally not as bad as these sherdog types.

So the WaPo is "fake news" for you, too, when it offers objective data not to your liking?

Also, I find it jarring when someone spells "bull shit" as two words. Please stop.
No just you're reply in general. I can't speak for the "study" done by the Post I don't know how accurate or scientific it was. But I can speak for the country I live in and to say race and racism is not an issue in the U.S. is bull shit.

Eh, racism in any measure isn't a good thing, but the US and developed countries in general ain't got shit on places with a comparatively low standard of education, trust me.

As for this place, it's mostly just passive aggressive sarcasm in regards to other races. Pretty tame stuff.

America is very racist Americans are racist... We tolerate each other but for the most part we all have stereotypical views that could be perceived as racist. Ethnicity if the first thing we notice... Some people are honest enough to admit it and try to work on it while others are full of shit and won't admit. But people in the U.S. are generally not as bad as these sherdog types.
"Very racist" seems to be a point of view. Some might think 1% is sufficient to meet that quota as in the chart above.

I'm just pointing out that we're one of the least racist countries in the world. Our generation of Americans have been groomed to see racism, everywhere, and to believe that we have some sort of acute exceptionalism due to our history with slavery that somehow makes us worse than other countries, but most of these same Americans are completely ignorant to racial slave trades overseas, and how deeply racist so many are living abroad; including all those "brown" people are who ceaselessly presented as innocent, angelic victims in this contemporary American stereotype.

Arabs are brown, for example, and they are racist as fook against African blacks. Perhaps an even more irritating ignorance from Americans is that from Europeans with their holier-than-thou ethos lecturing Americans on diversity:
In views of diversity, many Europeans are less positive than Americans
FT_16.07.11_EU-USdiversity_overall.png

I recall getting lectured ad nauseum by Europeans about how racist our immigration policies were 5 - 25 years ago. When I would object by offering complications of mass immigration I would be dismissed as someone who was oblivious to my subconscious racism. I notice those bushy-tailed Europeans aren't lecturing me, today. Just as with the experiment of democracy, there is a learning curve with these issues, and Europeans tend to lag way, way, way behind Americans on these curves (democracy, mass immigration, material diversity, etc).

TS sounds ignorant. @frye666
Real people are being stabbed, beaten, knocked out, raped and killed by another race. These are white victims. So to talk about feelings or the past is a sign of ignorance or malevolence.
Blacks attack whites and it gets swept under the rug.
The racial violence is incredibly one sided.
Read White Girl Bleed A Lot by Colin Flaherty or The Uncivil War by Taleeb Starkes. You will lose your lunch.
Ever see the trucker get killed in the LA riots? @Fawlty

Is there really that much racism in the USA? I mean, I am in Canada, and aside from a very few people, racism really doesn't exist. At least in my experience. At my workplace, there are about 100 employees, and they represent nearly 40 countries. It is the same everywhere. There are just people from all over wherever you go.

Justin, shouldn't you be running the Canadian government, paying millions in "compensation" to terrorists etc etc? You don't have time to post on Sherdog, bro.

And remember: if you Like your enemies' posts...they win:)

"Very racist" seems to be a point of view. Some might think 1% is sufficient to meet that quota as in the chart above.

I'm just pointing out that we're one of the least racist countries in the world. Our generation of Americans have been groomed to see racism, everywhere, and to believe that we have some sort of acute exceptionalism due to our history with slavery that somehow makes us worse than other countries, but most of these same Americans are completely ignorant to racial slave trades overseas, and how deeply racist so many are living abroad; including all those "brown" people are who ceaselessly presented as innocent, angelic victims in this contemporary American stereotype.

Arabs are brown, for example, and they are racist as fook against African blacks. Perhaps an even more irritating ignorance from Americans is that from Europeans with their holier-than-thou ethos lecturing Americans on diversity:
In views of diversity, many Europeans are less positive than Americans
FT_16.07.11_EU-USdiversity_overall.png

I recall getting lectured ad nauseum by Europeans about how racist our immigration policies were 5 - 25 years ago. When I would object by offering complications of mass immigration I would be dismissed as someone who was oblivious to my subconscious racism. I notice those bushy-tailed Europeans aren't lecturing me, today. Just as with the experiment of democracy, there is a learning curve with these issues, and Europeans tend to lag way, way, way behind Americans on these curves (democracy, mass immigration, material diversity, etc).

Idk? About all that shit.. the question in the op wasn't "is America the most racist country in the world?" it was is America as racists as Sherdog post would imply?
And like I said I'm some ways yes it is..

And America is very racist. The current circumstances in society are not by chance. The idea of white superiority was written into the founding fundamental doctrine of the land. They were eventually changed but the idea still persist.

Just because blacks are not hung on the regular or burnt on crosses does not mean America is still not a racist places.

Smh And like I said Americans are racist that includes everyone not just white people

People are more ballsy on the internet in general. Many people say things online they wouldn't dare say in person

Because you get terrorized for speaking the truth in public.

Define truth

Real facts about something. The actual state of a matter.

Say that black Americans are responsible for over 50% of violent crime in a crowded room. I dare you.

It's the truth, but you will soon be harassed and terrorized, called names and possibly lose your job.

Idk? About all that shit.. the question in the op wasn't "is America the most racist country in the world?" it was is America as racists as Sherdog post would imply?
And like I said I'm some ways yes it is..
No, it isn't.

It's just that identity politics is dwelling on that at the moment, and we have a strong subculture (particularly strong on the internet) who-- along with Russian meddling-- played a disproportionately influential role in the election with propaganda techniques. This subculture is strongly driven by a more troubling white nationalist character, but that is a mere slice of the population, and mostly couched somewhere in that 25% of hardline supporters among the GOP who were driving Trump during the primaries when the field was 17-21 deep. So some fraction of that roughly 12% or so of overall Americans is where so much of this rabid liberal preoccupation lies, but they've wildly lost control of proportion with their rhetoric. These ridiculous social liberals keep feeding this underbelly with fuel to pour on the fire, because too many white Americans are tired of being impugned for phantom crimes and thoughts, and so the ball keeps rolling.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

It won't stop until the remainder of the GOP breaks with Trump, and rejects his unwillingness to be held to an honest account. He's a snake oil salesman lining his pockets. Right now the conservatives are just terrified of these social liberals, and understandably so. Trump is a awkward bedfellow. While I think many of them don't really approve of him, beyond his already poor numbers relative to past Presidents, they trust the media/academia/SiliconValley even less because these institutions-- unlike the predictably mendacious Trump-- are transparently aligned against them. Now even storied institutions like the SPLC are compromised beyond credibility.

So they'll take the question mark: roll the dice.

It has already bought a Supreme Court justice, and possible one more, so it isn't like this strategy hasn't paid off even if it is mostly short term beyond fixtures like that. They don't want to think about the demographic trend, and graphs that chart the greater reality beyond 8 years. They're still holding their fingers in their ears despite the warnings that right-leaning centrists like myself try to issue, but I'm beset by the trolls and hardliners who refuse to acknowledge incontrovertible facts. This is what results in gloating jeers following wins in small district races where much larger historical conservative leads are evaporating. It is paramount to them to silence and defame voices like mine who try to see further ahead.

This wasn't the pivot that conservatism needed. This wasn't the reform to remake and save the party. They are marrying conservatism to a sinking ship with their disregard for compassion, not invigorating it.

They know not what they do.

No, it isn't.

It's just that identity politics is dwelling on that at the moment, and we have a strong subculture (particularly strong on the internet) who-- along with Russian meddling-- played a disproportionately influential role in the election with propaganda techniques. This subculture is strongly driven by a more troubling white nationalist character, but that is a mere slice of the population, and mostly couched somewhere in that 25% of hardline supporters among the GOP who were driving Trump during the primaries when the field was 17-21 deep. So some fraction of that roughly 12% or so of overall Americans is where so much of this rabid liberal preoccupation lies, but they've wildly lost control of proportion with their rhetoric. These ridiculous social liberals keep feeding this underbelly with fuel to pour on the fire, because too many white Americans are tired of being impugned for phantom crimes and thoughts, and so the ball keeps rolling.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

It won't stop until the remainder of the GOP breaks with Trump, and rejects his unwillingness to be held to an honest account. He's a snake oil salesman lining his pockets. Right now the conservatives are just terrified of these social liberals, and understandably so. Trump is a awkward bedfellow. While I think many of them don't really approve of him, beyond his already poor numbers relative to past Presidents, they trust the media/academia/SiliconValley even less because these institutions-- unlike the predictably mendacious Trump-- are transparently aligned against them. Now even storied institutions like the SPLC are compromised beyond credibility.

So they'll take the question mark: roll the dice.

It has already bought a Supreme Court justice, and possible one more, so it isn't like this strategy hasn't paid off even if it is mostly short term beyond fixtures like that. They don't want to think about the demographic trend, and graphs that chart the greater reality beyond 8 years. They're still holding their fingers in their ears despite the warnings that right-leaning centrists like myself try to issue, but I'm beset by the trolls and hardliners who refuse to acknowledge incontrovertible facts. This is what results in gloating jeers following wins in small district races where much larger historical conservative leads are evaporating. It is paramount to them to silence and defame voices like mine who try to see further ahead.

This wasn't the pivot that conservatism needed. This wasn't the reform to remake and save the party. They are marrying conservatism to a sinking ship with their disregard for compassion, not invigorating it.

They know not what they do.

Idk? What any of that has to do with Americas racist history but what ever you say pal.
Obliviousness is bliss

Back