There is a LOT of racism talk on Sherdog. And I just have to ask.....

No. There are like 330 million people, so of course there is some, just like there is some of everything else too. It is getting worse than it was though, cause it's turned into an industry and a lot of people make a lot of money stirring up race relations. It's 2017 and fairly educated people are running around hunting for Nazis and Klansmen ffs. The cry racism or some kind of bigotry all day, and nobody wants to be around that shit, so then they say "see, aha, you just avoid me because of skin color, sexual orientation etc. No, it's cause you're annoying as fuck with only 1 topic you discuss, and round and round we go.

Yeah we're pretty racist.
But so is everywhere else. Whatcha gonna do.

Is there really that much racism in the USA? I mean, I am in Canada, and aside from a very few people, racism really doesn't exist. At least in my experience. At my workplace, there are about 100 employees, and they represent nearly 40 countries. It is the same everywhere. There are just people from all over wherever you go.

I am rather skeptical that racism is less in Canada than here, because Canada has a lot of MidEastern and Asian recent immigrants, who unlike Whites tend to do their racism on the down-low or just not get noticed for it.

Race relations are at the worst I've ever seen in my lifetime.
Not me. It's the best I've ever seen it. Only online it's shit, but in real life I see more races getting along than ever.

This stuff is completely and utterly overblown. The tropes are honestly really sad too when you consider a place like Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the USA. OMFG the south is raciiiisssst thats why all the minorities move here?! What is more surprising than that is I worked a hospital job in east texas for a couple years and one of the most respected guys was a black guy... right smack in the middle of rednecksville USA. 99% of the racist things I've seen spending 25 years in Texas could be chalked up to one category... someone pisses someone else off and so they say the thing that they think will piss that other person off the most. That has happened in every direction you can imagine in front of me and tbh way more between different minorities than white people to anyone either. I think white people are honestly a lot more sensitive to saying things than anyone else tbh.

Race and racism is the center of most topics these days because it's being used to silence the majority in western countries, while elites begin population displacement throughout the globe in an attempt to destroy nationalist identities.

Yes it really is.

You've got cultures loving side by side where one used to own the other

You've got two sides that went to all or war with each other

You've got lazy ass Hawaiians

I don't think we're any more racist than other countries, but we've got some pretty deep seeded shit for only existing for such a short while.

Is there really that much racism in the USA? I mean, I am in Canada, and aside from a very few people, racism really doesn't exist.

The title of your thread makes one statement, 'There is a LOT of racism talk on Sherdog', but you ask a different question.

Regarding Sherdog - Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct

1. Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted.

Well, they rarely follow that rule, but I have never read the "N*****" word when someone is posting about blacks on this forum.

You did not have black slavery to the degree that America had. Canada’s involvement with slaves was around 4,000 blacks over a 200 year period. Not much migration to Canada from other countries like in the United States. Your country as a whole it too fricking cold for most people.

I think in the last 2 years, under Obama, race relations in the U.S. have really gone to shit. There has also been a lot of white policemen shootings of blacks. But there is still far more black-on-black killings in Chicago and Los Angeles.

Than you have the 'rednecks' and 'hillbillies' who are ignorant and don't like blacks. You have the Ku Klux Klan and other white supremacist groups. You have the 'rednecks' in my neck of the woods who are still sore that the Confederacy lost the Civil War.

I can see you are getting 'flamed' by some of the members. Americans don't like to be criticized by foreigners. Canada and the United States have a different history and culture...

I meet more crazy people than racists, if that gives any perspective. I see more heroine addicts than racists as well.

And very sexist too. You forget to mention it.

Is there really that much racism in the USA? I mean, I am in Canada, and aside from a very few people, racism really doesn't exist. At least in my experience. At my workplace, there are about 100 employees, and they represent nearly 40 countries. It is the same everywhere. There are just people from all over wherever you go.

I've noticed more racism among casual boxing fans coming around because of the May / Mac match around the corner. A lot of surprising comments and calling Floyd all sorts of racial shit on social media

Jazzcats Crossing the Hudson:
Jazzcats+Crossing+the+Hudson.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I do have one thing to add. I have been watching live PD and Campus cops etc. The cops in the USA seem like total douche bags. Getting thrown into jail for having a used pipe? Or for having music playing at a legal aged party? Jesus. Plus they act like assholes.

The cops here have way less power, and would be knee deep in shit if they acted like an asshole.

The overt racism as gone down... the closet quiet racism has gotten higher IMO.

Shit like people telling me, a half Asian, why I should find this offensive:
espnchinkarmor.png

Or why something like this should bother me:

And really I just don't care. THAT sort of racism honestly bothers me more.

imo there was less racism 10 years ago, but then SJW's conditioned people to find racism in everything and nag at people who werent doing anything racist, so it turned people racist out of spite

just like how conor trolls got people to hate conor even though he puts on great fights, but they were just sick of conor threads and conorposts

that being said, i think people dont realize how racist everyone is outside of major cities/suburbs in western countries and even american "racists" are like 1% as racist as the average person in china, japan or south africa for example

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I do have one thing to add. I have been watching live PD and Campus cops etc. The cops in the USA seem like total douche bags.

I agree. The order of reaction is: Pepper Spray, Baton, Taser, Shoot to wound, Shoot to kill. They just jump to the last option, or the confuse their Taser with their guns.

Well in the USA, merely existing in an inadequately mixed genetic state is considered racist, so there's that.

I would estimate 99.9999999999999% of racism allegations are someone either wanting attention or being offended by unalterable statistical data.

Back