There are only 4 more BIG fights Conor.... but he has to plan the order carefully!

Peyow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In the current UFC landscape i only see 4 more potential fights for Conor but another loss could potentially ruin any of them from being "Conor McGregor big"
In a perfect world he fights and beats Khabib to get his title back before successfully defending in the Diaz trilogy and the champ vs champ fight against holloway before taking on GSP
The Poirier, Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson, Colby Covington, RDA, Woodley fights wont be that big and aren't entirely interesting
Hes the type of fighter that plans out his career a year in advance

People claiming Khabib vs Conor will be the biggest PPV in MMA ever, I disagree.

Its not even Nate/Conor 3, but CM Punk/Conor. The biggest freakshow ever, but itd get 4 mill PPV.

Gets mauled by Khabib.

Wins split decision against Nate.

Gets thrown around by GSPs gorilla strength.

Fights to a draw with Max.

Retires.

1-2-1

Convict would never step in a cage with GSP. The whole world knows it. He already ducked him in favor of a rematch with Nate.

Why are you so excited about planning Conor's career in such a way that benefits him?

Why don't you just want the best fighters to fight each other?

My guess is two more fights:

Diaz trilogy fight, Money Mayweather fight in the cage. Probably win both and never fight again. It's horrible, but it's the likely truth.

conor is loss proof, like de la hoya
Nah.....Casuals are retarded and think Nate Diaz is an MMA GOAT, thus they give him a pass.

Even tho Conor got finished by a retired pillow fist manlet, he lost to one of the GOATS in boxing, so he is given a pass.

But if he loses to Khabib,Ferguson,etc.......It's gonna ruin his image and he knows this.

OP is right....Conor is doing calculative moves because he knows that he will most likely lose even if he lies to himself in his mind.

This is why Conor is holding out for Nate Diaz/Floyd....Both winnable fights, easy money fights, and it will keep his myth alive.

Once he has to fight Khabib/Ferguson, he knows there is a great possiblity he loses.

As OP said, GSP is the ultimate money fight thus this is why I don't think he will fight Khabib/Ferguson first......He would rather fight GSP.

So my prediction for Conor to make the most money is Nate/Floyd, then GSP.......then fighter Khabib/Ferguson or whoever is the lightweight champ.

Conor will only take part in fights where he has a fall back/excuse for losing. This is conor post aldo.

Nah.....Casuals are retarded and think Nate Diaz is an MMA GOAT, thus they give him a pass.

Even tho Conor got finished by a retired pillow fist manlet, he lost to one of the GOATS in boxing, so he is given a pass.

But if he loses to Khabib,Ferguson,etc.......It's gonna ruin his image and he knows this.

OP is right....Conor is doing calculative moves because he knows that he will most likely lose even if he lies to himself in his mind.

This is why Conor is holding out for Nate Diaz/Floyd....Both winnable fights, easy money fights, and it will keep his myth alive.

Once he has to fight Khabib/Ferguson, he knows there is a great possiblity he loses.

As OP said, GSP is the ultimate money fight thus this is why I don't think he will fight Khabib/Ferguson first......He would rather fight GSP.

So my prediction for Conor to make the most money is Nate/Floyd, then GSP.......then fighter Khabib/Ferguson or whoever is the lightweight champ.

we're in the social media age.

kids are screaming "fuck J. Cole" at one of the best rapper while venerating mumble rappers who have nothing to say.

wins and losses don't matter. being out of control and a "savage" matters.

conor has transcended into pop culture.

mma fans will buy his PPV no matter what because whether we like him or not, he's a part of our relationship with the sport.

The factors that determine Big fights are often dynamic. Predicated upon who us coming off of a good performance/big win combined with drama. I agree that all the fights you mentioned have huge potential. They also have potential to underwelm depending on who has lost at the time E.g khabib fights lee and gets ko'd. Lee vs mac becomes a huge fight.

we're in the social media age.

kids are screaming "fuck J. Cole" at one of the best rapper while venerating mumble rappers who have nothing to say.

wins and losses don't matter. being out of control and a "savage" matters.

conor has transcended into pop culture.

mma fans will buy his PPV no matter what because whether we like him or not, he's a part of our relationship with the sport.
They matter bro....Obviously they don't matter that much to make Conor not a PPV draw but they matter.

If conor loses to khabib, then furgeson, then Kevin Lee.....His stock goes down, his myth of being one of the best is out of the window.

Like I said, the Nate Diaz loss, has an excuse built into it like fighting at 170lbs even tho Cabo Diaz trained only for 2 weeks.

Same with his floyd loss, atleast he lost to one of the goats....So all his loses have a built in excuse.

Conor will sell but his stock will go way fucking down.....Casuals will realize he isn't that good, and his PPV numbers will go down...Not saying nobody will buy it but they will go down.

They matter bro....Obviously they don't matter that much to make Conor not a PPV draw but they matter.

If conor loses to khabib, then furgeson, then Kevin Lee.....His stock goes down, his myth of being one of the best is out of the window.

Like I said, the Nate Diaz loss, has an excuse built into it like fighting at 170lbs even tho Cabo Diaz trained only for 2 weeks.

Same with his floyd loss, atleast he lost to one of the goats....So all his loses have a built in excuse.

Conor will sell but his stock will go way fucking down.....Casuals will realize he isn't that good, and his PPV numbers will go down...Not saying nobody will buy it but they will go down.

losses matter to Khabib, not Conor.

Conor never built his brand on being the best fighter. he built it on being a trickster who came to cause chaos.

no one can compete with him in promotion. he's all by himself.

Floyd built his brand on TBE, the best ever.

Conor has built his image on fight anyone anywhere any weight class any sport.

loss proof.

people love him even if he loses. he's like a puppy. he gets points for just trying.

i can see him having fights at 155 and 170lbs but there is no way in hell he can make 145 without fucking his body up. Imo he will never fight at 145 lbs again.

losses matter to Khabib, not Conor.

Conor never built his brand on being the best fighter. he built it on being a trickster who came to cause chaos.

no one can compete with him in promotion. he's all by himself.

Floyd built his brand on TBE, the best ever.

Conor has built his image on fight anyone anywhere any weight class any sport.

loss proof.

people love him even if he loses. he's like a puppy. he gets points for just trying.
That isn't true at all.

He went thru featherweight in the UFC undefeated...He advertise himself as the best fighter, and still does.

Sure being an overdramtic asshole, helps him but the foundation is his wins......You think a fighter with a losing record or who was meh but with Conor's mentality, would sell as much? Fuck no.

Conor did not build his brand on anyone and anywhere(He has never stepped up to fight without a training camp, he has fought people with 2 weeks of training tho)....He just says anytime, anywhere to make himself look tough.

His idiotic fanboys love him if he loses...If he gets his shit pushed in the Lighweight division, trust me, his PPV numbers will fall.......

If losing didn't affect his PPV numbers...why wouldn't he be fighting every 2 months? Hell every month.....His loses won't matter so why not fight all the time.

You're delusional bro.

Last edited:
Back