There are 52,000 in attendance for canelo/smith right now

So, PPV numbers are not a gauge of PPV price, demographics, and lack of alternative events?

demographics of the location doesn't matter for PPV. The price was standard PPV cost but if it was $9.99 then yea you would take that into account for total buys. Alternative events as well but there weren't any of note. Canelo's pattern of shitty buys cant be written off sorry bud.

demographics of the location doesn't matter for PPV. The price was standard PPV cost but if it was $9.99 then yea you would take that into account for total buys. Alternative events as well but there weren't any of note. Canelo's pattern of shitty buys cant be written off sorry bud.

Demographics of a fan base effect PPV sales just as much (or more) as live event attendance.

Look at the MMA fan base. Majority white, middle class, 15-35.

The boxing market is older, more minority driven, and less easily persuaded to spend $70 for a fight.

You are using demographics to back up your argument, and then pretending demographics only come into play when it suits your agenda.

Demographics of a fan base effect PPV sales just as much (or more) as live event attendance.

Look at the MMA fan base. Majority white, middle class, 15-35.

The boxing market is older, more minority driven, and less easily persuaded to spend $70 for a fight.

You are using demographics to back up your argument, and then pretending demographics only come into play when it suits your agenda.

You're missing the point. Live gate will vary with the same fighter depending on location . Ppv buys with the same fighter is not impacted by that because anyone anywhere can buy. I'm not comparing demographics between different fighters , only canelo and his poor ppv performance across the board . Hence using gate in a canelo location doesn't mean his draw power is growing , the ppv numbers will tell more of a story to how much draw and negotiation power he has

You're missing the point. Live gate will vary with the same fighter depending on location . Ppv buys with the same fighter is not impacted by that because anyone anywhere can buy. I'm not comparing demographics between different fighters , only canelo and his poor ppv performance across the board . Hence using gate in a canelo location doesn't mean his draw power is growing , the ppv numbers will tell more of a story to how much draw and negotiation power he has
He doesnt have poor PPV numbers across the board. Lol wtf are you talking about

Negotiating power is relative to the person you're sitting across from. And his "poor" numbers are far better than anyone else in boxing.

He doesnt have poor PPV numbers across the board. Lol wtf are you talking about
Outside of mayweather and cotto his numbers are weak , do you think this fight is gonna break 500k? Would you consider 400k a success ? That's Mighty Mouse numbers. Add to that there is literally no other boxing ppv worth buying and his numbers should be huge since people aren't conflicted on only purchasing a certain number of ppv each year l

Would you consider 400k a success ? That's Mighty Mouse numbers. l
You lack any credibility you lair

Johnson vs Dodson II 115,000

That's Mighty Mouse last headlined ppv

And maybe Canelo
Does that in this ppv if that but as of right now 400k is not might mouse numbers unless you are conting all of his ppv combined from birth

Outside of mayweather and cotto his numbers are weak , do you think this fight is gonna break 500k? Would you consider 400k a success ? That's Mighty Mouse numbers. Add to that there is literally no other boxing ppv worth buying and his numbers should be huge since people aren't conflicted on only purchasing a certain number of ppv each year l
You are talking from your ass.

HAHA, look at all these UFC :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s. The UFC has to hold debut events in countries no one gives a fuck about with there biggest stars just to graze 50k.
Canelo-GGG will easily do 80k+ at AT&T Stadium.
Also Canelos been part of ppvs that did more than any UFC has in history, and yes, Canelo makes more than Conors bullshit numbers.
I dont believe that Conor makes $88M a fight like these UFC fans claim.

HAHA, look at all these UFC :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s. The UFC has to hold debut events in countries no one gives a fuck about with there biggest stars just to graze 50k.
Canelo-GGG will easily do 80k+ at AT&T Stadium.
Also Canelos been part of ppvs that did more than any UFC has in history, and yes, Canelo makes more than Conors bullshit numbers.
I dont believe that Conor makes $88M a fight like these UFC fans claim.
Dude relax. LOL

Canelo's PPV's are doing just fine. By the way, show me all those UFC PPV's that have done better dan May-Pac.
Which came in at a whopping 100 bucks too. Which did what? 2 or 3 times as much as the UFC's best?

Stop spinning this into some weird tale about how all UFC PPV's are doing great and boxing's are doing terrible. Without even factoring in the cost of those PPV's. Boxing cards get carried by one or two people all the time, often times UFC cards feature more of their top fighters as well. No one's saying boxing is doing the same numbers they did 15 or 20 years ago (frankly, I wouldn't even know), but you're acting like Canelo can't sell buys to save his life. That's a blatant lie.

Canelo's PPV's are doing just fine. By the way, show me all those UFC PPV's that have done better dan May-Pac.
Which came in at a whopping 100 bucks too. Which did what? 2 or 3 times as much as the UFC's best?

Stop spinning this into some weird tale about how all UFC PPV's are doing great and boxing's are doing terrible. Without even factoring in the cost of those PPV's. Boxing cards get carried by one or two people all the time, often times UFC cards feature more of their top fighters as well. No one's saying boxing is doing the same numbers they did 15 or 20 years ago (frankly, I wouldn't even know), but you're acting like Canelo can't sell buys to save his life. That's a blatant lie.

Out of the last 50 UFC ppvs, Canelo-Khan out sold 38 of them, and Canelo-Cotto out sold 44 of them in ppv buys. Canelo-Cotto pulled in a bigger gate than any UFC in history, I believe.

Last ppv that didnt have McGregor or Rousey (UFC 200 excluded as well), that sold more than Canelo-Khan was Silva-Diaz, almost 2 years ago.

Canelo makes more money than any UFC fighter in history and his international viewership is leagues ahead of anyone in the UFC.

Canelo Alvarez is arguably the biggest combat sports star in the world.
Pacquiao and Klitschko might still be bigger.

Out of the last 50 UFC ppvs, Canelo-Khan out sold 38 of them, and Canelo-Cotto out sold 44 of them in ppv buys. Canelo-Cotto pulled in a bigger gate than any UFC in history, I believe.

Last ppv that didnt have McGregor or Rousey (UFC 200 excluded as well), that sold more than Canelo-Khan was Silva-Diaz, almost 2 years ago.

Canelo makes more money than any UFC fighter in history and his international viewership is leagues ahead of anyone in the UFC.

Canelo Alvarez is arguably the biggest combat sports star in the world.
Pacquiao and Klitschko might still be bigger.

you are comparing the #1 boxing star who fights 2x a year to the massive number of UFC PPVs each year. Why are you also excluding Rousey, McGregor and UFC 200 when those are comparable events to 2x a year Canelo? What was Canelo doing 2 years ago as the A-side? 350k vs Anguolo and 300k vs Lara for a whopping 650k total buys for 2014. Thank goodness they pulled canelo vs kirkland off ppv, that would have done sub 300. He should be thankful he has gotten Mayweather and equal draw B-sides in Cotto and Khan to help carry his buys. We will see what Canelo Smith does. Anything under 600k on a mexican holiday will be considered a failure for the #1 star of the sport IMO.

You are talking from your ass.

How so? As discussed above Canelo has only a 300k and 350k buy event where he is the sole A-side card carrier. Another fight where he would have been sole carrier was pulled from PPV and likely would have done less than 300K. Every other event he had either Mayweather or strong A- in Cotto and Khan. McGregor on the other hand pulled 850k vs short notice Mendes in his first A-side main event and his 3 main events since then have all broken 1 mil

How so? As discussed above Canelo has only a 300k and 350k buy event where he is the sole A-side card carrier. Another fight where he would have been sole carrier was pulled from PPV and likely would have done less than 300K. Every other event he had either Mayweather or strong A- in Cotto and Khan. McGregor on the other hand pulled 850k vs short notice Mendes in his first A-side main event and his 3 main events since then have all broken 1 mil
Im going to tell you one last time to stop with the MMA bullshit.

Im going to tell you one last time to stop with the MMA bullshit.

lol that is the first time i mentioned MMA in this thread to make a comparison of star drawing power. Delete the comparison if you want still doesn't change Canelo averages 325k buys as sole A-side carrier. The buys for this event will be telling to his star power.

you are comparing the #1 boxing star who fights 2x a year to the massive number of UFC PPVs each year. Why are you also excluding Rousey, McGregor and UFC 200 when those are comparable events to 2x a year Canelo? What was Canelo doing 2 years ago as the A-side? 350k vs Anguolo and 300k vs Lara for a whopping 650k total buys for 2014. Thank goodness they pulled canelo vs kirkland off ppv, that would have done sub 300. He should be thankful he has gotten Mayweather and equal draw B-sides in Cotto and Khan to help carry his buys. We will see what Canelo Smith does. Anything under 600k on a mexican holiday will be considered a failure for the #1 star of the sport IMO.
Its not for sure that hes boxings #1 star. Pacquiao and Klitschko might still be. You are forgetting how big these guys are globally, and how McGregor is not that big outside of your suburb.
Also funny how you forgot to mention Canelo-Cotto 900k, which came after the ones you pointed out.
And the reason I exclude Rousey and McGregor is because you guys argue how well the UFC ppvs are doing, when they arent doing well at all.
Remember those days when you would scream "Outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, boxing is...."

McGregor-Mendes was suppose to be McGregor-Aldo. It had steam from that rolling in.
Also McGregor-Diaz...Diaz gets credit for that as well. Diaz is a name and him beating McGregor made the rematch interesting.

When has McGregor ever pulled in 24m viewers like Canelo?

lol that is the first time i mentioned MMA in this thread to make a comparison of star drawing power. Delete the comparison if you want still doesn't change Canelo averages 325k buys as sole A-side carrier. The buys for this event will be telling to his star power.
Were discussing boxing. If you want to discuss MMA numbers go to those sub forums.

Ward-Kovalev won't even crack 400k buys, LOL. Boxing won't likely do over 1 million PPVs for years unless maybe GGG-Canelo does but even then I'm not confident after looking at both of their PPV numbers, boxing is fragmented and dying, it will always be alive to some degree but the UFC is now the pinnacle of combat sports in the mainstream.

Looking at their past numbers isn't the best way to determine what a Canelo/GGG ppv would do. I'd wager around 1.2 or 1.3 million.

Floyd sold around half a million against Berto, and Manny/Bradley 3 sold just a bit more iirc. But together, they sold over 4 million. Canelo/GGG is worth more than the sum of it's parts.

I'm not taking it further than that. The mods have been pretty clear on wanting the mma stuff to stop.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back