There’s a fighter with a 4-5 record fighting this weekend

Tank Abbott was 8-8 when he returned to fight Mir.

Accolades mean squat with WME.

Mickey Gall and Sage Northcutt aren't even top 100 fighters in their divisions and the UFC still manages to find cans for them to beat....UFC is a beauty pageant and popularity contest, they aren't worried about quality control.
Sage is a lot better than you think he is.

If it wasn't for his "marketable look," nobody would be complaining about him or his competition. His first fight in the UFC was against a guy who was 12-1. Everybody he fought belonged in the UFC. Even his rebound fight after his Barberena loss was against a guy who had just lost a split decision in the TUF Finals.

It's cool to shit on Sage, but if the UFC was gonna seriously trim its roster, he'd still have a spot in the company.

Well, Matt Brown is 21-16. She just needs to go 17-11 in her next 28 fights and she'll be considered an all time Just Bleed warrior. lol

By the way, she's a veteran compared to 2-3 Amanda Bobby Cooper.
Yeh thats right. People are talking about his record when they call him that. It has nothing to do with his actual fights

Sage is a lot better than you think he is.

If it wasn't for his "marketable look," nobody would be complaining about him or his competition. His first fight in the UFC was against a guy who was 12-1. Everybody he fought belonged in the UFC. Even his rebound fight after his Barberena loss was against a guy who had just lost a split decision in the TUF Finals.

It's cool to shit on Sage, but if the UFC was gonna seriously trim its roster, he'd still have a spot in the company.

Nope.

Wmma, especially outside the top 3 in each division, have shit records. They've fought shit competition in regional behind the local Walmart shows and still struggle to win half.

Heck, the cast of the current TUF is almost entirely horrid, yet not only did they put them all on the show but more than likely 80+% of them will make it into the UFC.

The TUF Semi finalists are:

Nicco Montano (ranked #14) = 3-2 (wins against 4-7 competition)
Roxanne Moafferi (ranked #1) = 21-13 (she was on a 5 fight losing streak before she was on TUF the first time, lost her only UFC fight and was rightfully cut. I like her personality and attitude, but even though her skills have improved, she's still not what I'd call "good", though she'll have success in the UFC against all the other subpar competition).
Barb Honchak (ranked #2) = 10-2 (while the record seems impressive, she's been retired for 3 years, is already 38, and only doing it to try to make some money quickly - and she lost to Angela Magana --- F*cking Angela Magana who's since gone 2-4)
Sijara Eubanks (ranked #12) = 2-2 (she's looked good on the show, but come on. Her wins came against opponents with a combined record of 0-4! In her defense her loses where to opponents with decent records)

The other cast members (I hesitate to call most of them "fighters"):

Lauren Murphy (ranked #3) = 9-3 (1-3 in last 4 - which were UFC fights)
DeAnna Bennett (ranked #4) = 8-3 (last 3 fights were all losses)
Maia Stevenson (ranked #5) = 6-4 (those 6 wins, came against opponents with a combined 0-23 record!)
Montana Stewart (ranked #6) = 7-4 (and just got easily handled by 3-2 Nicco)
Melinda Fabian (ranked #7) = 4-3 (her wins came against opponents with a combined 0-10 record!)
Emily Whitmire (ranked #8) = 2-1 (won against 8-11 opponents, lost to a 3-2, and lost 4 of her 5 amateur fights)
Christina Marks (ranked #9) = 8-8 (wins against 13-14 opponents)
Rachael Ostovich-Berdon (ranked #10) = 3-3 (wins against 6-9 opponents - only saving grace is she an attention whore with fake boobs)
Ariel Beck (ranked #11) = 4-4 (wins against 10-14 opponents)
Karine Gevorgyan (ranked #13) = 3-2 (wins against 2-3 opponents - I like her but boy her record is crap against fringe, not even regional, competition and she's terrible on the ground with mediocre striking)
Gillian Robertson (ranked #15) = 3-2 (wins against 7-9 competition that isn't even considered "regional", more "behind the local Walmart" level)
Shana Dobson (ranked #16) = 2-1 (both her wins came against 0-0 opponents who never fought again (so they're a combined 0-2) and her loss was to 3-2 Nicco Montano)

The level of UFC Wmma is horrid. The UFC used WEC as a proving/feeder league, especially for the lighter weights and that's what they need to use Invicta for. Quit signing shitty "fighters" that can't even managed to win half their fights against really shitty part-timers.

It's like if the NFL and NBA signed me (I've watched both those sports, and played a little with friends, but never played either at even high school level).

I would never use this kind if logic with men mma, but women i think they mostly all suck. So its probably fine to use this kind of theory for them

Yeh thats right. People are talking about his record when they call him that. It has nothing to do with his actual fights

Oh, calm down. It's obvious I was being facetious, dude.

This thread reeks of lonely, ugly, antisocial men who hate/envy women.

<{clintugh}>

Yeah, UFC is filled with plenty of cans these days. Why do you have to rub it in. You are going to make the UFC nuthuggers cry.

Some of her losses have been close splits and her last one was a robbery, I could understand if she'd been battered from pillar to post in every fight but that's not the case.
And yeah she's easy on the eye.

Always liked Curran. She's a tough chick and pretty scrappy. Plus she's hot. I hope she wins

If she's good looking and puts on exciting fights, keep her. Pride had it right where they didn't worry about records as much as exciting fighters and heart. You could lose 6 in a row and they'd keep you. UFC is forcing their fighters to fight safely so they keep their jobs.

500 fighters on a roster and they put Melinda Fabian who is coming off a loss to fight DeAnna Bennett who has like 3 straight loss.
<Eek2.0>

She's kinda hot though and lets be honest, that's really the only reason to watch WMMA anyway.

more pics my man. we need more pics.

Kailin-Curran-2.jpg

Kailin_3.0.jpg

Back