TheHill interview with Trump-Biggest mistake ever made in America was GWB going into the Middle East

There are a lot of things that continue in the US despite being extraordinarily unpopular. Are they all because of the Deep State?

When absent an explanation for why unpopular policy is kept in place, yes, that is my best guess.

As I said though, I am open to competing theories.

Afghanistan is a failed mission. Anyone saying otherwise is a bald faced liar. Why are we still there?

If GW's Iraq war was the biggest mistake - and I am not arguing against this - then why the Hell did Trump make Bolton the S.o.S and why is he following the Neocon playbook. Does Trump not realize Bush was just the public face for a war orchestrated and pushed by the Neoconservatives.

President Trump has made some bad appointments that I scratch my head at because they seem to conflict some of the things he says, like your case in point. It seems he leans heavily on establishment figures and recommendations from others and does not do much if his research into his appointments.

and they will do this with Trump too when he leaves office for a few years. This isnt partisan acceptance of Bush doctrine, it's pandering for ratings.

The Ellen audience was hungry for some GW? C'mon dog.

Can someone explain this part to me?

And we have a majority of one in the Senate because we have the filibuster rule, which we shouldn’t, um, you can’t get 10 votes. In other words, Buck, we got a majority of one. We got to get to 60. So, 10 Democrats are controlling the Senate. We shouldn’t have the filibuster rule. The first thing that Chuck Schumer would do if he ever took control of the Senate is get rid of the filibuster rule. And for whatever reason and nobody can explain it, they just won’t do it. Which means we need to get nine more, Republicans. So, it’s very tough thing, even though we need it.

I thought there wasn't a filibuster rule thanks to the Democrats? I'm confused.

An interagency working group for Caspian energy chaired by
the National Security Council meets regularly to discuss U.S.
policy toward the Caspian Basin. The Administration believes
that significant progress is being made on these goals but
suggests the following steps which can further advance U.S.
interests in the region:
(1) Repeal Section 907 of the FREEDOM Support Act which
restricts the provisions of USG assistance to the Government
of Azerbaijan and limits U.S. influence and assistance in
Azerbaijan;
(2) Take the necessary legislative and administrative
actions to make TDA, OPIC, and EXIM programs available to our
companies in the Caucasus, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and
Pakistan;
(3) Encourage high-level visits to and from the region;
(4) Continue active U.S. support for international and
regional efforts to achieve balanced and lasting political
settlement of conflicts in Nagorno-Karabakh, Abkhazia, and
elsewhere in the region. Be prepared to contribute a fair
share to reconstruction and development costs of warn-torn
zones following achievement of peace agreements;
(5) Make available USG resources to support a UN-led peace
process in Afghanistan if/when the Afghan parties agree on
terms for these elements;
(6) Encourage installation of upgraded navigation systems
in the Bosporus;
(7) Encourage the development of new markets in the Black
Sea region;
(8) Structure assistance to the region to encourage
economic reform and the development of appropriate investment
climates in the region.

https://www.congress.gov/congressional-record/1997/5/8/senate-section/article/S4207-1

Coincidence?

If GW's Iraq war was the biggest mistake - and I am not arguing against this - then why the Hell did Trump make Bolton the S.o.S and why is he following the Neocon playbook. Does Trump not realize Bush was just the public face for a war orchestrated and pushed by the Neoconservatives.

Typo. Bolton is NAtional security advisor. But has an ally in Pompeo at state department running it. You can bet they are taking complete control and filling the adminostration with loyalists. I literally type in john bolton and vot that back on google. Bolton filling national security council with loyalists to him and Trump. He meets with Trump more than the defense secretary does. Bolton is in the inner circle now where all trumps other advisors are.

But be fair Iran makes more sense than Iraq ever did or libya in terms of US geopoltical strategy. I actually support US strategy against Iran. Bolton may have shifted his Russia phobia for a return on investment of getting his way on iran, north korea, china and Palestine and pakistan. Also the climate is now more pro Russian of Right wing states in the west.

Last edited:
The CIA provide information and Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz cherry picked and distorted that information.
https://news.vice.com/article/the-c...t-that-supposedly-justified-the-iraq-invasion

This really isn’t true. You can still(at least could recently) go on the CIA website and see the shit they were spewing at that time. It was fucking sickening.

There has been a move to try to clean the CIAs hands for some reason and I’d hope people would not fall for it

Typo. Bolton is NAtional security advisor. But has an ally in Pompeo at state department running it. You can bet they are taking complete control and filling the adminostration with loyalists. I literally type in john bolton and vot that back on google. Bolton filling national security council with loyalists to him and Trump. He meets with Trump more than the defense secretary does. Bolton is in the inner circle now where all trumps other advisors are.

But be fair Iran makes more sense than Iraq ever did or libya in terms of US geopoltical strategy. I actually support US strategy against Iran. Bolton may have shifted his Russia phobia for a return on investment of getting his way on iran, north korea, china and Palestine and pakistan. Also the climate is now more pro Russian of Right wing states in the west.
You are right, Bolton is Nat. Sec Adviser. Got him mixed with Pompeo.

Bellicosity against Iran doesn't make any sense. The Shia are a tiny minority in the Muslim world. It is not the Shia waging jihad against the West, it is Saudi, Pakistan and the Sunni supremacists. If you take out Iran, you only make the Sunni jhadists stronger, so why would you want to do that, considering they dominate the Muslim world. After the nuke deal with Iran, the US should have made more friendly overtures and genuinely tried to engage positively with Iran. Instead Trump, pushed by the Israel supporters and the GCC Arabs, is reversing the Obama admin's inroads with Iran.

When absent an explanation for why unpopular policy is kept in place, yes, that is my best guess.

As I said though, I am open to competing theories.

Afghanistan is a failed mission. Anyone saying otherwise is a bald faced liar. Why are we still there?

It's called geopolitical strategy that goes beyond the revolving door that is a presidency position

It's the only way you can have 10, 20, 50 year political strategies in play which is absolutely required to play the political game at the highest level. Of course those strategies are subject to tweaking, but it's not like some guy is going to get voted in and be allowed to significantly disrupt what's going on. He wouldn't even understand what is going on.

The CIA provide information and Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz cherry picked and distorted that information.
https://news.vice.com/article/the-c...t-that-supposedly-justified-the-iraq-invasion
They had to go around the CIA even, and created the Office ofSpecial Plans. The CIA was not giving them enough justification to go to war, so hell, make your own up.

The Office of Special Plans (OSP), which existed from September 2002 to June 2003, was a Pentagon unit created by Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith, and headed by Feith, as charged by then–United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, to supply senior George W. Bush administration officials with raw intelligence (unvetted by intelligence analysts, see Stovepiping) pertaining to Iraq.[1] A similar unit, called the Iranian Directorate, was created several years later, in 2006, to deal with intelligence on Iran

Last edited:
Exactly and why is Trump so silent on the boots on the ground in Yemen? He could also me more vocal about why certain stakeholders are so gung-ho when it comes to a military intervention in Syria.

Careful there, let's keep the thread kosher.

This really isn’t true. You can still(at least could recently) go on the CIA website and see the shit they were spewing at that time. It was fucking sickening.

There has been a move to try to clean the CIAs hands for some reason and I’d hope people would not fall for it
Source? I pulled the first legit source I could, but this goes way way back.

We needed to go into Afghanistan. Going into Iraq was the big mistake. Cheney sure did make a ton of money from that decision though. I blame him more than I do GW.
I think it depends on what you mean by going into Afghanistan. After 9/11 you had to catch OBL. The CIA and SOF went into Afghanistan and together with the Northern Alliance and airpower completely destroyed the Taliban, but OBL escaped. To Pakistan. So the US then spent 10 years roaming around Afghanistan for no reason at all, because OBL was in Pakistan, a supposed ally. Then OBL gets killed, great. And you remain in Afghanistan.
It's also possible that OBL was never in Afghanistan in the first place, which would make things even worse.

You are right, Bolton is Nat. Sec Adviser. Got him mixed with Pompeo.

Bellicosity against Iran doesn't make any sense. The Shia are a tiny minority in the Muslim world. It is not the Shia waging jihad against the West, it is Saudi, Pakistan and the Sunni supremacists. If you take out Iran, you only make the Sunni jhadists stronger, so why would you want to do that, considering they dominate the Muslim world. After the nuke deal with Iran, the US should have made more friendly overtures and genuinely tried to engage positively with Iran. Instead Trump, pushed by the Israel supporters and the GCC Arabs, is reversing the Obama admin's inroads with Iran.

It does make sense. Use the temporary alliance with Arab sunni leading powers in Egypt, UAE, Saudi etc and they lead greater Sunni world. Use them and power to take care of Iran. Iran is not prone to radicalism i have addressed this. If it regime changed it is likely become willig puppet of Russia which is preferable to US and Israeli interests rather then a nuclear armed theocratic state. It is complicated but it makes sense. The US is taking out its threats one at a time. You are delusional if you think Iran with it current government can ever be anything more than a less worse version of saudi arabia.

It does make sense. Use the temporary alliance with Arab sunni leading powers in Egypt, UAE, Saudi etc and they lead greater Sunni world. Use them and power to take care of Iran. Iran is not prone to radicalism i have addressed this. If it regime changed it is likely become willig puppet of Russia which is preferable to US and Israeli interests rather then a nuclear armed theocratic state. It is complicated but it makes sense. The US is taking out its threats one at a time. You are delusional if you think Iran with it current government can ever be anything more than a less worse version of saudi arabia.
The Sunni world is order of magnitude stronger than the Shia world, so it doesn't make any sense for the West , and Israel, to remove a competitor to the Sunni world. Because removing Iran only makes the already stronger Sunni world even stronger. A Sunni dominated MidEast is more of a threat to the US and Israel than a MidEast where the Shia are on par with the Sunnis or strong enough to pose real challenges. Once the Sunnis vanquish the Shia, they have control over more territory , allowing them to put a more united pressure on Israel and the US.

The Sunni world is order of magnitude stronger than the Shia world, so it doesn't make any sense for the West , and Israel, to remove a competitor to the Sunni world. Because removing Iran only makes the already stronger Sunni world even stronger. A Sunni dominated MidEast is more of a threat to the US and Israel than a MidEast where the Shia are on par with the Sunnis or strong enough to pose real challenges. Once the Sunnis vanquish the Shia, they have control over more territory , allowing them to put a more united pressure on Israel and the US.

Yes it does because Iran is closer to a nuke then the rest except pakistan who already has one.

The sunni wont tskeover Iran anytime soon. Iran is basically almost like Azerbaijan right now it just has maybe 20% is religjous fanatic if at that. And a government and military establishment run by them. Iranians wont convert to sunni islam and wont become more religious following that.

A regime changed Iran can easily go the way of Azerbaijan and be a Russian stooge. Protected by Russia and supplied partly by US. Iraq is not going to anytime soon be strong again. And the Iranian border with Iraq is alresdy sealed with many fences, walls, ditches and landmines. Iran will be in the Eurasian union in the USSR 2.0 within 15 years is my guess. But Irans entry is contingent upon it being not ruled by religious theocratics but rather secular stooge "oligarchs" and Russian and eurasian orientetd lesders just like all the stans are lr Azerbaijan are all run by former kgb andintelligence individuals who also run their own oligarch operations and control orgsnized crime in their countries and pay dues go Russians. What people dont connect is that a back room deal in which America takes on the burden of military dealing with Iran but Russia plays the good guy and reforms the post war or regime changed Iran id a win win deal for Israel and US. As i can see.

President Trump has made some bad appointments that I scratch my head at because they seem to conflict some of the things he says, like your case in point. It seems he leans heavily on establishment figures and recommendations from others and does not do much if his research into his appointments.

It's almost as if he has no principles whatsoever and is in way over his head, which would be a disaster for the USA.

If only there were a large proportion of the population who could've seen that electing an easily to blackmail reality show host with zero political experience and a number of (what appear to be) personality disorders would have been a bad idea.. shame how nobody could have seen this coming.

If you're american and a Trump supporter you're either horribly dumb or a traitor to your own country, or both.

What people dont connect is that a back room deal in which America takes on the burden of military dealing with Iran but Russia plays the good guy...

n.jpg

Back