The Worst Sin In MMA?

What Is The Worst thing A Fighter Can Do?

• Total voters
Being a Scouser is bad enough but then brags about fighting in a weight class that hes too big for and then misses weight twice.

Illegal moves to cause injury by a long shot. A few of these are under this category.

Tapping to strikes is just like tapping to a sub in my eyes. If you want out, you want out.

Fake touch is a dick move, but technically they have a chance to touch gloves when the ref brings them into the center.

Any champ on a hiatus drives me insane. These guys have short careers as it is.

Missing weight is unprofessional, but seems commonplace now.

Failing a PED test is bad, but I'm under the line of thought that they're all on some shit, so I just expect it.

Tapping to strikes.

34y4kmd.jpg

Thinks for reminding me

19570229.gif

Last edited:
Fake touch is a dick move, but technically they have a chance to touch gloves when the ref brings them into the center.

Pretty sure this is not true for many bouts. Can't tell the system exactly but i think its only for (co-)main events (and sometimes main card fights?). Also TS asked about whole world of MMA and not UFC, so we cant take it for granted that this is always the case.

Voted for fake glove touch and strikes after the bell (and would have liked to add holding onto submissions too long) since TS asked for anti-sportmanship and stuff like eye-poke, knee to downed opponent or missing weight may happen accidently / without bad intentions.

Not sure why tapping to strikes is even on the list.

As far as it goes for the PEDs can u clarify if you are talking about USING PEDs or just failing a test?

Boasting about the way you used to rat kids out who smoke pot, and then cocaine & steroid it up for the rest of your career.

Pretty sure this is not true for many bouts. Can't tell the system exactly but i think its only for (co-)main events (and sometimes main card fights?). Also TS asked about whole world of MMA and not UFC, so we cant take it for granted that this is always the case.

Voted for fake glove touch and strikes after the bell (and would have liked to add holding onto submissions too long) since TS asked for anti-sportmanship and stuff like eye-poke, knee to downed opponent or missing weight may happen accidently / without bad intentions.

Not sure why tapping to strikes is even on the list.

As far as it goes for the PEDs can u clarify if you are talking about USING PEDs or just failing a test?
I honestly hadn't seen a fight where the ref didn't bring them into the middle, from ammy to UFC. I may just not notice when it doesn't happen.

I don't get the whole tapping to strikes thing. It's no different than tapping to submissions.

I honestly hadn't seen a fight where the ref didn't bring them into the middle, from ammy to UFC. I may just not notice when it doesn't happen.

I even remember an announcer joking about a ref when he brought two fighters into the middle for a prelim fight.

Holding subs for sure because you can cause permanent damage to your opponent potentially.

That and for me, when champs seem to think they are matchmakers and hold a division hostage thinking they can fight wgiever will get them the best payout. I miss the days of champs fighting the guy who has earned their shot

What, in your opinion is the Cardinal Sin of anti-sportmanship? What is the most lowdown and heelish move a fighter can pull on their opponent?

With so many malevolent acts in the brutal world of MMA, there has to be one that is more dastardly than the rest, one that alienates virtually every fan they once had, and making them a feature of shitty "Top 10 Worst MMA Humans" for years to come.

Here's the options... You can select 2 choices.

Missing Weight Badly:

Mackenzie-Dern-misses-weight-at-UFC-224-MMAF.jpg

Failing a PED Test:

View attachment 385229

The Infamous Fake Glove Touch:

oOQZ57z.gif

Repeated Eye Pokes:

6YF.gif

Champs Ducking and Hiding:

2153c96f8167b68e66d68980b90c750d.jpg

Not Releasing Submissions when opponent taps:

pal-2.gif

Fighting after the fight has ended:

6TWJfbG.gif

Illegal Kicks/Stomps/Strikes:

Mike-Kyle-vs-Brian-Olsen-Soccer-Kick-GIF.gif

Tapping to strikes:

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

<{danayeah}>
Nice thread! Hard to pick...

Fail A PED Test and Strikes After The Bell for me.

I was looking for inappropriately touching a little boy or girl. Oh, you meant in a cage.

Obviously illegal moves to cause injury.. you can't tell me things like missing weight are even in any way comparable to:

4803e2de306f728f9d5757786ad1367c.gif

When I watch Palhares fight, I want him to be knocked out so badly that he can't even eat pig feed. I cannot stand that roider and he's so praised. It's disgusting.

PED is the worst but I really hate holding subs. If you support Palhares hurting people then you should have your limbs removed.

Stop being so edgy. I support fighters hurting other fighters legally. The ref has to stop the fight. Doing illegal moves to hurt your opponent is worse.

What, in your opinion is the Cardinal Sin of anti-sportmanship? What is the most lowdown and heelish move a fighter can pull on their opponent?

With so many malevolent acts in the brutal world of MMA, there has to be one that is more dastardly than the rest, one that alienates virtually every fan they once had, and making them a feature of shitty "Top 10 Worst MMA Humans" for years to come.

Here's the options... You can select 2 choices.

Missing Weight Badly:

Mackenzie-Dern-misses-weight-at-UFC-224-MMAF.jpg

Failing a PED Test:

View attachment 385229

The Infamous Fake Glove Touch:

oOQZ57z.gif

Repeated Eye Pokes:

6YF.gif

Champs Ducking and Hiding:

2153c96f8167b68e66d68980b90c750d.jpg

Not Releasing Submissions when opponent taps:

pal-2.gif

Fighting after the fight has ended:

6TWJfbG.gif

Illegal Kicks/Stomps/Strikes:

Mike-Kyle-vs-Brian-Olsen-Soccer-Kick-GIF.gif

Tapping to strikes:

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

<{danayeah}>
Some of these should probably be merged together (i.e. Eye pokes are an illegal move).

Anyone who says peds are either stupid or just Joking.

I voted holdning submission after the guy taps

Worse than any of these is putting your hands on in ref. That'll get you cut so fast.

But on the list, holding subs too long will make you a pariah. And deservedly so, you can really hurt someone permanently by doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back