The World's Greatest Boxer? [Poll still needed]

• Thread starter Deleted member 453401
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 453401

Who is the 'Greatest Boxer in the World' today?

Tyson Luke Fury
Height: 206 cm
Reach: 216 cm
27 Wins (19 KO s) - 0 Losses - 0 Draws.
The Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year (2015)
Reigning Lineal World Heavyweight Boxing Champion.
Former WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and The Ring Magazine World Heavyweight Champion.
Soon-to-be WBC World Heavyweight Champion.
Future undisputed, undefeated WBO, WBC, WBA, IBO, IBF Heavyweight Champion of the World.
A strong case can be made. An ATG talent at his peak. Potential GOAT candidate if he beats 'ol Bronze Balls (Wilder has lived up to that moniker by stepping up to face - what could be considered an - insurmountable challenge) and the stiff bodybuilder, if Mr. Superior gets Hearn's permission.
Comeback story of the ages.
#ReturnOfTheMac
#IsTheMacTrulyBack?

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

This was touched upon in the PBP thread for Anthony Joshua/Sasha Povetkin, and I'd like this subjective conversation to continue in a thread dedicated to it.

So,
@PUO3, @Inverse, @jei etc. I'd appreciate a poll (or the ability to make them myself ;)) based on the aforementioned [ 'Who is the greatest boxer in the world [today]' ].

Poll options should include: Fury, AJ, Wilder, Usyk, GGG, Canelo, Crawford, Spence, Loma, Mikey G, 'Other' option etc.

I'm not sure if poll options are limited, some fat could be trimmed from the list. If not, maybe we can find a way to add the - less popular - lower weights monsters into the mix (Wisaksil Wangek, Isaac Dogboe, Moonsri, Naoya Inoue etc.) if they are deemed worthy of being in the conversation.

Tank You.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this not long ago*

The greatest talents of their respective generations?

@Philtard @Jonny Ninja @Badr Hari @aries @Sano @borntoloseNOT @GoldenAzazel @Seano @nac386 @Sunfish @ Other boxing regulars.
Get in here.
serveimage

I'll have to check in on this later. Hopefully it will have picked up some steam.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently I wouldn't give p4p greatest to AJ, Wilder, or Fury. I think all 3 would get beaten by prime heavyweights of the past, HW isn't as good as it used to be, and there's no clear best at this division. Personally I'd give it to Lomachenko due to him being a great talent in a stacked division, but I might be jumping the gun with that one a little. Usyk is also another great option and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he's gonna do against Bellew. It's really hard to tell right now who's the greatest in my opinion.

Really couldn't say. However, Canelo, GGG, Loma, Inoue, Spence, Crawford, Rigo and a few others have to be up there.

Really couldn't say. However, Canelo, GGG, Loma, Inoue, Spence, Crawford, Rigo and a few others have to be up there.

I'd take Rigo off of that list, but otherwise I agree. A guy like Fury has a thin resume compared to the smaller guys.

I'd take Rigo off of that list, but otherwise I agree. A guy like Fury has a thin resume compared to the smaller guys.
Yeah Rigo has fallen off a little but technically he's still beautiful to watch. I would have put Ward and Chocolatito on there a few years ago too.

Yeah Rigo has fallen off a little but technically he's still beautiful to watch. I would have put Ward and Chocolatito on there a few years ago too.

I think Ward is still a top fighter. The last time we saw him in there he was knocking out Kovalev.

I actually think Keith Thurman is underrated at times while making these lists. He has several high quality wins on his resume, arguably a better resume than Terence Crawford, although Crawford seems to be the better fighter.

I think Ward is still a top fighter. The last time we saw him in there he was knocking out Kovalev.

I actually think Keith Thurman is underrated at times while making these lists. He has several high quality wins on his resume, arguably a better resume than Terence Crawford, although Crawford seems to be the better fighter.
I hope Thurman vs Spence gets made!

I hope Thurman vs Spence gets made!

That's a great fight, probably better than most are expecting. Thurman is a winner, he's not going to roll over for Spence. I'd expect Spence to win, but I think he has a long night. Unless Spence stops him with a body shot, which I think is a possibility.

Crawford.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any fighters active who are undisputed champions at one weight besides Bud, and Oleksandr Usyk. Being undisputed champ is obviously not all that common. Crawford was the first fighter to do that in the 140 division since 2004. Went up in weight, and immediately takes a belt.

WAIT!!!
Stops a big WW in Jeff Horn (took him three attempts to make weight) who had recently took the belt off of all time great Manny Pacquiao. Say what you want about Pac being "over the hill" but he still is a name, and he still took the fight. Fair play. He also successfully defended his title via TKO, so the Pac may have not been a fluke. Horn isn't as appreciated, but he isn't a bum like some allude to.

In any case, Undisputed former champion, current WBO champion, undefeated; Crawford is the greatest in the world imo.

If it was resume based : GOATnelo
But eye test says Terrence Crawford
He can do it all and his IQ is high

Who is the 'Greatest Boxer in the World' today?

A strong case can be made. An ATG talent at his peak. Potential GOAT candidate if he beats 'ol Bronze Balls (Wilder has lived up to that moniker by stepping up to face - what could be considered an - insurmountable challenge) and the stiff bodybuilder, if Mr. Superior gets Hearn's permission.
Comeback story of the ages.
#ReturnOfTheMac
#IsTheMacTrulyBack?

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

This was touched upon in the PBP thread for Anthony Joshua/Sasha Povetkin, and I'd like this subjective conversation to continue in a thread dedicated to it.

So,
@PUO3, @Inverse, @jei etc. I'd appreciate a poll (or the ability to make them myself ;)) based on the aforementioned [ 'Who is the greatest boxer in the world [today]' ].

Tank You.​

Platinum members have the ability to make polls. If you want to create threads using polls I recommend becoming a platinum member Concurrent GOAT. You can see more about it here.

Canelo right now. He's winning fights he's not expected to win against established P4Pers. Who else ranked P4P has even fought another P4Per? Sor Rungvisai?

P4P is littered with people who have done fuck all to earn their spot, IMO.

Platinum members have the ability to make polls. If you want to create threads using polls I recommend becoming a platinum member Concurrent GOAT. You can see more about it here.
Can't he just ask a mod to add a poll? Pretty sure I see that done quite often.

I know what you guys think I'm gonna say but I'm not gonna sit here and keep telling you who the actual greatest is rn b/c I've been telling you all for a minute now. You guys are sleeping I tell ya.

You'll find him at Sofia's spot. And that's all I'm gonna say!

Canelo right now. He's winning fights he's not expected to win against established P4Pers. Who else ranked P4P has even fought another P4Per? Sor Rungvisai?

P4P is littered with people who have done fuck all to earn their spot, IMO.
Rungvisai has 3 wins over P4P ranked fighters

IMO it’s Canelo, Golovkin or SRV. Canelo has the best resume of them all but I’m doing a little adjusting based on what I’ve seen not necessarily just their resumes. But on a pfp list I’d probably say Canelo. Guys like Crawford or Loma might even be better but their resumes don’t compete, yet.

Back