The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Is it wrong that i don’t give a fuck about the story? I just skip the cutscenes and don’t know what’s happening? I’m looking for a chick or something??
In my first playthrough, I watched all the cutscenes but missed a lot of the storyline. It was just too much lore (though I appreciated the writers using modern English to tell the story). Even still, on this second playthrough, I find at times I'm instead reading the subtitles quickly in order to skip that particular dialogue (just to get through it quicker), and thus, am missing some of the story again.

The problem is that the game is much more appealing as a project management / goal achievement game, and so you just want to complete missions, gain experience / level up, and empty your inventory / do some wealth-building. When that becomes the preference for the gamer, the story itself (no matter how incredible it is) becomes somewhat of a barrier to why you're actually playing, so you'll end up uninterested in them because they're getting in the way of what you actually want to do.

It took me a while to figure out the mechanics of Quen, but once I got it: WOW.

Back