'The Wire' - It gets better after the 1st season, right?

The whole point of the series genius is that it shows how all these disparate elements of the community and characters tie into each other. Personally I liked the series in the first season, but I didn't think it was amazing until it all started to come together in season 4.

I loved The Wire, I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea though.

I hate when people ask that.

It's an awesome show from the beginning... Otherwise, people wouldnt be interested long enough to know that it gets good.

If it isn't for you, it isn't for you.

I don't think you know about mob life or hood life.
I know both sides and Baltimore is nothing like Oakland. They don't move the same they don't talk the same they don't look the same.
It's like comparing Irish mobs to the Italian families. They're not the same.
Stay in ur lane and just watch the shows.
I've read your posts in the WR, and I don't think someone like you is capable of knowing anything except how to be a smarter man's pawn:
Michael Brown, and his mom running for city council
I feel bad for this mom losing her son. But her son made bad choices in life. You can't be charging at cops and grabbing throats of little Indian men running convenience stores.

She claims to want to be the voice of the people. If she wins, I hope she doesn't keep blaming everything on "the system." What her community needs are good mothers and fathers that will raise better son's and daughters. The "system" isn't gonna raise a good young man, that is your job.

26290847_BG1.jpg
The Indian man advanced on him.
If the roles were switched the "stand your ground" thing would come up
<LikeReally5>

There was no Stand Your Ground law in Missouri in 2014. That law was passed by the Senate in 2016 (probably because of incidents like the above). Furthermore, that shopkeeper isn't the one holding stolen goods, so accusing him of being the aggressor must be part of that "hood life" education I never received. For all their differences, Baltimore and Oakland sure have a lot of parallels showing up on EOY crime reports. Understanding this requires more than that I've-been-alive-so-I-know-things education your #antifa leaders are brainwashing you into believing gives you the authority to dispense these "teachable moments".

I'm sure there's a bullhorn rally somewhere near you, today. Stay in your lane.

Ultimately I think this worked to the shows strength, it was really only in the 5th season with the newspaper/media angle that I felt the new direction didn't work as well as it could have.

That said it has now been surpassed as the best TV series I'v seen...

main.jpg
A masterpiece. Recommended to all.

I've read your posts in the WR, and I don't think someone like you is capable of knowing anything except how to be a smarter man's pawn:
Michael Brown, and his mom running for city council

<LikeReally5>

There was no Stand Your Ground law in Missouri in 2014. That law was passed by the Senate in 2016 (probably because of incidents like the above). Furthermore, that shopkeeper isn't the one holding stolen goods, so accusing him of being the aggressor must be part of that "hood life" education I never received. For all their differences, Baltimore and Oakland sure have a lot of parallels showing up on EOY crime reports. Understanding this requires more than that I've-been-alive-so-I-know-things education your #antifa leaders are brainwashing you into believing gives you the authority to dispense these "teachable moments".

I'm sure there's a bullhorn rally somewhere near you, today. Stay in your lane.
You're talking to the wrong guy you dumb bitch
Only rally you'll see me at is when were pulling you out of your truck Reginald Denny style.
That's when youll see me.

You're talking to the wrong guy you dumb bitch
Only rally you'll see me at is when were pulling you out of your truck Reginald Denny style.
That's when youll see me.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
giphy.gif
{<RR}
<GSPWoah>
<{gspressed}>
<{danayeah}>
<24>
<GrassoBless>
<28>
{<jimmies}
<JonesLaugh>
Y u
portable_stereo.png
Typewriter.ico
me,
King-Kong-icon.png
????

I drive a Schwinn.
<Gordonhat>

OT- random question, if season 3 when Stringer puts the coop together, they constantly mention the "new york package" but by season 5, its all the Greek's package.

Did I miss something?

Lol, people are calling a show from the early 2000's dated? What kind of attention spans do you people have?

"Wat dis paigr thang dey be sennin texts on???"

It just shows how fast our culture as changed in the past 20 years. Late 90's might as well be the 50s as relevant as they are to todays

For me it took around episode 7-8 or so of Season 1. It just moved a bit slow at first and got boring. But after it started to come together and the story started to unfold it got really frickin' good to me! I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm only on like episode 3 of Season 2 but this show has really pulled me in. It's a slow burn IMO but so far very much worth it. I hear Season 3-4 get every better and that Season 2 is a bit rough/slow but still good. So far I'm digging Season 2 though as I like stories about the docks, shipping, longshoremen, etc.

For me it took around episode 7-8 or so of Season 1. It just moved a bit slow at first and got boring. But after it started to come together and the story started to unfold it got really frickin' good to me! I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm only on like episode 3 of Season 2 but this show has really pulled me in. It's a slow burn IMO but so far very much worth it. I hear Season 3-4 get every better and that Season 2 is a bit rough/slow but still good. So far I'm digging Season 2 though as I like stories about the docks, shipping, longshoremen, etc.

Also I stuck with it and just finished Season 3. DAMN!!! Stick with it. Like I said, I barely made it through Season 1 and finally got the gist of it and pulled into season 2....but season 3 I couldn't stop watching it. The characters......gangs, police, politicians, agendas, etc. Amazing! I hear season 4 is just as good if not better. I can't wait! I have to stay away b/c I'm trying not to read spoilers...heh.

Love seeing this thread pop up every now and then.

Garbage show. Extremely over hyped.

Love seeing this thread pop up every now and then.

Garbage show. Extremely over hyped.

Having first hated it and agreed with you.......and having gone to loving it. I can honestly see both sides. I hate when people try to sound all "cool" and say "you just don't get it......it's too complex for you" and stuff. So I would never say that. But like I said, having gone from thinking it was horribly overrated to wanting to binge it every hour of the day I can't fault either side.
It is slow and boring at times and seems to have pointless scenes. But it's also awesome when it all comes together. I guess I can just quote Dave Chapelle and say

upload_2019-2-6_10-49-40.png

I hate when people ask that.

It's an awesome show from the beginning... Otherwise, people wouldnt be interested long enough to know that it gets good.

If it isn't for you, it isn't for you.

Although equally its possible that someone might not be a massive fan of the 1st season and enjoy what comes afterwards more simply because it does shift in style and story from season to season.

OT- random question, if season 3 when Stringer puts the coop together, they constantly mention the "new york package" but by season 5, its all the Greek's package.

Did I miss something?

Marlo run with the greeks if i remember correctly

I tried. I just can't stick with it. Tried twice got to episode 6 ...i just can't.

Which sucks because I thought stringer Bell was the shit

Marlo run with the greeks if i remember correctly

Prop Joe gives Marlo the greek hookup. Prop Joe landing the greek hook up does not mean Avon's NYC connect should have dried up.

I tried. I just can't stick with it. Tried twice got to episode 6 ...i just can't.

Which sucks because I thought stringer Bell was the shit
Well you need to try harder, pal!
I don't remember the first season dragging nearly as much as the second season.

The Wire was the shit back when they made it but by 2018 standards it's a little dated in terms of acting, dialogue and all that stuff.

Like if they released it today it would be a total flop.

This.

The show has aged terribly. It's a product of it's time which was pre-social media, pre all this community stuff people have now.

Back