The Wire - In your opinion, what was the best scene of this masterpiece?

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on a 5th rewatch of the entire series of HBO's "The Wire" which came out way beyond it's time - this and The Sopranos really set the bar in terms of television dramas and it's still yet to been surpassed. Breaking Bad came close, but still, The Wire remains the best tv show. For those that have not seen it, what are you doing with your life????

Anwyays here's my pick, I happen to have the very fortunate experience of currently being on this episode and just finished seeing it again and still it blows me away. The ending is literally the greatest moment of any TV show I've ever seen.. and yet "The Wire" is packed full of these moments.

and also lol - "make him wear 'anything with a tie' "

Another good pick would be the "WHERE'S WALLACE???" scene between D-Angelo and Stringer Bell. It's really hard not to hate String for all the shit he did to D, even though he is a great character. Really though, they are ALL fantastic characters and are what brings this show to life.

Last edited:
Avon and Stringer having one last drink together before they turn on each other

Bubbles hitting rock bottom and finally walking up the steps

Have never seen the show, except for this scene, so I vote for that one:

All of them!

Upon every rewatch, I never fast forwarded anything. I rewatched and see shit that I missed the first or second or even third time around and watch with astonishment just how perfectly interweaved the plotlines are and how each and every minute there was NEVER a dull moment.

If you never seen the show, and watch the first 15 minutes or so it's a little tough to "get". But when you do, you realize just how amazing what you watching truly is, it's actually enough to bring you to tears if you have any appreciation for art at all.

Have never seen the show, except for this scene, so I vote for that one:

Bunk and McNulty are fucking amazing.

Everything on this show is amazing.

probably when Omar died.

"Looks like a professional job" - Bunk

Also I really thought he'd make it to the end. IIRC though Michael then takes on his roll but they sort of fucked up that one - Mike's personality was nowhere near Omar's and they had him robbing drug dealers just like Omar but then they made the mistake of making him ACT like Omar too. It felt so forced. A rare not-so-great moment on the show which by that point (near the very end of the series) is very forgivable.

No way to pick just one.

There was a scene with them all drinking at a wake where Bunk (I think) and maybe someone else went outside to puke and then went back in to drink more. Just one example of greatness though.

No way to pick just one.

There was a scene with them all drinking at a wake where Bunk (I think) and maybe someone else went outside to puke and then went back in to drink more. Just one example of greatness though.

Do you recall the intro scene where McNulty is drinking and driving and just totally blitz out of his fuckig mind? Ill try to find it hold up.. its hilarioius though

Here we go.. Best fucking intro of a TV show ever...

"IM LOOKING YOU IN EYE GUS IM TELLING YOU IM NOT DRIVING A CAR TONIGHT!"

This whole fucking scene... it's hard not to laugh

God damn I love this show.

That waitress was fucking sexy as hell too. Reminds me of an ex girlfriend I had that loved getting red streaks in her dark hair just like that girl had it. My ex wasn't as tall and had smaller tits though but I laugh when I see her everytime as she looks so similar.

Every 5 minutes you get one or two or three amazing quotes. Fuck almost the entire works of all the dialogue are amazing quotes.

"I don't care if they were speaking Mandarin Chinese with a Cocksucker's Lisp!!" -Rawls

The scene where they're playing chess and comparing it to the members of the crew.

The mcnulty and bunk scene where they say fuck all the time.

Where's Wallace?

One of the cleverest imo is when they show a very brief glimpse of one of the characters in a gay bar. It's blink and you'll miss it and it's never mentioned again (whereas most shows would make a huge deal of it) but it gives a whole new angle to the character.

I like when Omar and his boy rob the convenience store, and Omar actually pays for a pack of smokes and makes sure to get his change.

"Also I really thought he'd make it to the end. IIRC though Michael then takes on his roll but they sort of fucked up that one - Mike's personality was nowhere near Omar's and they had him robbing drug dealers just like Omar but then they made the mistake of making him ACT like Omar too. It felt so forced. A rare not-so-great moment on the show which by that point (near the very end of the series) is very forgivable.
ACT?

Back