The Wild West Tale of "El Bandito:"

In to watch these laters.

Since this already pretty much went viral on instagram:

Holy fuck that was brutal. Amazing how your guy recovered and even started to frustrate him towards the end. But still that was scary.
How common is it for your competitive boxer to get knocked down or even knocked out in sparring? Taht was a brutal KD even if your guy appeared fine afterwards I woudl guess you can't have regular sparring like this if you want a long career?

Since this already pretty much went viral on instagram:

Very impressive how Macedo kept cool under pressure sliped inside range and countered fast. Always in control without overcomitting.

Opponent looks like he can build a lot of pressure and imo in the second half he seemed annoyed with Macedos elusive style and got countered while overcomitting several times.

That was a good session right there. Macedo did some good work after tasting his power early.

Leo / Murodjon was a good one too

Murodjon didn't want to even go with Leo, his trainer made him do one more round to teach him a lesson about Pros and blowing your wad in one round. Joseph went two more with Leo after

Holy fuck that was brutal. Amazing how your guy recovered and even started to frustrate him towards the end. But still that was scary.
How common is it for your competitive boxer to get knocked down or even knocked out in sparring? Taht was a brutal KD even if your guy appeared fine afterwards I woudl guess you can't have regular sparring like this if you want a long career?

He didn't have any signs of concussive damage. It was a flash knockdown, the best kind. No real damage, you just shut off for a few seconds. I pay close attention to signs of damage, he was ok.

It's not very common, but it does happen. At Joseph's level, we know it won't happen again. So we don't shy away from the work. He got caught clean in a bad position. We just fix that.

He didn't have any signs of concussive damage. It was a flash knockdown, the best kind. No real damage, you just shut off for a few seconds. I pay close attention to signs of damage, he was ok.

It's not very common, but it does happen. At Joseph's level, we know it won't happen again. So we don't shy away from the work. He got caught clean in a bad position. We just fix that.

Do you think there is something like a flash ko? Obviously if you are out cold there is more damage but sometimes fighters get knocked out cold and are while certainly concussed seemingly pretty well and they can come back about the same while other times a fighters' chin and everything seems completley gone. Or is it more a matter of how much damage a fighter has taken up to the ko and whether it pushes him beyond what his brain can take or not that makes the difference rather than the ko itself?

Yes there are flash KO's, they're quite a weird thing, but they don't typically entail a lot of hugely concussive damage. But yes, the amount of trauma experienced before it happens also plays a factor, so do individual traits. Joseph has very good recovery, always has. But he also has a naturally strong and thick neck for his build, his head doesn't rattle around a lot even if he gets hit clean.

I'm not quite understanding your question. Are you asking if I only post hard sparring? Or are you asking if all of the sparring sessions that look hard are indeed hard?

I can say that none of them are 100%. They are sparring, not fighting.

I meant to add this to the original post:

full

If anyone is wondering why the numbers are tied like that it's because rankings are based on points. You get more points the more tournaments you go to + how well you do in them. Joseph didn't get to compete in last year's Western Qualifiers, or he would be higher. The others are tied at the same numbers of points. That's also why James Browning is ranked higher than Joseph even though he lost to him.

Back