The weirdest fight you ever saw?

I've thought about the Herring incident many times over the years. What was that big Asian guy thinking? Hey, this seems like a good time to kiss Heath ok I'll kiss him, pow ko. What could have possible lead that guy to think Weinsteining Herring was a good idea
man watched that fight live too I was pumped for it, he was undefeated wrestler at the time with wins over don fry and cabbage, tons of hype. Sweet knock out tho lol

Here it is

What really stands out from that for me is just how much Arlovski advanced during his career, a lot of elite guys show you there best skills earlier on and its more tactics and filling in holes we see with time but he barely looks like the same fighter at all. Indeed I think its not until around 03-04 that Arlovski really started to hit his prime skill level becoming vastly slicker standing.

Strangest fight I've ever seen was probably a boxing match. Lennox Lewis Vs Oliver McCall.

McCall dropped his guard and cried throughout most the fight but I think he was battling some personal demons and drug misuse. Plus he was being promoted by Don king iirc, who blatantly gave no shots about any of his fighters as long as he was getting the cheddar rolling in.

Paul Harris/Dan Miller
4.gif

Silva vs Maia was awesomely weird. Love how Silva decided to engage and destroyed Maia, then sat back the rest of the fight and basically insulted him and danced. He does some crazy shit when he's bored/ opponent refuses to engage.

Sonnen vs Spider 2 . Till today i still dont understand Sonnens sloppy backfist ehich caused him to fall down and get beaten up

Barry fault, dude had so much respect for cro cop. Could of honestly won that fight if he wanted too lmao..
Side of me thinks he wanted to lose.
Yeah a small bit of him refused to let him beat one of his heroes.

Most recently Volkan against Cirkunov. So yeah I know, perfect placement on essentially a KO button but it just looks so fucking odd. Those rare dudes that touch people to sleep are super intriguing. Julian Jackson is always the first that comes to mind when I think of such.

Does anybody that UFC WMMA fight where one of the women started acting really weird like midway through the second round and looking at the ref and then I think just stopped fighting? I don't remember if they ever explained what happened there.

I know it wasn't a title fight, it might have involved Jessica Pena, damn I can't remember.
Joanne calderwood vs Valerie letourneau. I thought jojo might have front kicked her breast implant out or something but I think she just winded her badly with a body shot and Val just crumpled multiple times, but yeah was really weird.

Recently I guess DC vs Rumble 2 comes to mind. I remember being a mix of dumbfounded and outraged when rumble starting implementing the grappling exchanges, like wtf are you doing?!

Sakuraba vs somebody in early UFC days. Big John called the fight, there was massive protest, then later in the night they had saku come back and they fought again. lol

Wasn't that even a PPV?...

Here is Scott sparring for his fight vs Tank

That's such a cool old school video. I remember thinking when I first watched it the small dude had balls to go against Scott back then. Scott looked like a unit at the time and could really punch.

Mine has to be Kalib Starnes vs Nate Quarry at UFC 83

Kalib, the Canadian (who was the home town favourite) getting booed in Canada as he ran (litteraly) for 15 minutes to avoid getting knocked out.

It was both hilarious and mind boggling at the same time.

what are yours?

WOW! I was just talking about this fight today with someone... saying as a Canadian it was truly embarrassing. Wish the UFC had implemented a yellow card for that fight. Starnes would have lost most of his purse. Would of had at least two cards per round.

Wasn't a UFC fight but was the weirdest fight ending I'd ever seen.

On YouTube there's a African fight outside on the dirt, full crowd and ref. Basically bare knuckle anything goes fighting . In the end one fighter gets KTFO'd bad. Then some corner men run in, one is tossing water on the knocked out fighter's face while another is putting his hand down the passed out fighters pants and starts to jerk him off... quite rapidly!!

Keeps going till the guy starts to wake. Read it's done every time a dude gets KO'D.

That was weird!!

Not MMA, but Lewis vs McCall was whacky.

Art "one glove" Jimmerson - UFC 1

When he came out we all looked at each other and thought he was legit. We were 17-18 yrs old watching that PPV and didn't know much about anything except brawling and toughman contests.

What a fucking disaster.

Back