the weird thing about these machida/karate debates

20 guys in Karate dominate in MMA???

giphy-downsized-large.gif
I think he was speaking hypothetically.

I think he was speaking hypothetically.
Jeez Jimmy where'd U dig up this fossil?

I bet that dude who was doing his best to argue with me about what I'd already said would help distance fighters last week'll b on here later today saying how Karate can't adapt to the MMA style....That he says doesn't exist...That he says exists...

LOL!

Prepare for the entertainment...

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

LOL!

I bet that dude who was doing his best to argue with me about what I'd already said would help distance fighters last week'll b on here later today saying how Karate can't adapt to the MMA style....That he says doesn't exist...That he says exists...

LOL!

LOL!
haha i wasnt the one who resurrected it.

"We are now entering the Machida Era, Mike."

- Kenny Florian

Last edited:
Lyoto Machida
Wonder boy Thompson
Sage Northcutt

Who else uses the karate style?

Lyoto Machida
Wonder boy Thompson
Sage Northcutt

Who else uses the karate style?

Justin Scoggins, Gunnar, Whittaker, and Katsunori Kikuno.

There are other guys with Karate black belts but that don't really fight with the style so much.

LOL!

LOL!

Are you really trying to passive aggressively call me out in a different thread? Man you're taking this shit way too personally and not even reading what I'm actually saying.

My point isn't that karate sucks or can't adapt to MMA. Guys have won UFC titles with karate, even GSP credits karate for his distance and the timing of his takedowns. Karate is obviously very effective. No one is arguing that. What I was actually saying is that guys with those long range styles always lose to a certain style of pressure fighter (which you confuse for the "MMA style") and haven't found a way to adapt.

Are you really trying to passive aggressively call me out in a different thread? Man you're taking this shit way too personally and not even reading what I'm actually saying.

My point isn't that karate sucks or can't adapt to MMA. Guys have won UFC titles with karate, even GSP credits karate for his distance and the timing of his takedowns. Karate is obviously very effective. No one is arguing that. What I was actually saying is that guys with those long range styles always lose to a certain style of pressure fighter (which you confuse for the "MMA style") and haven't found a way to adapt.
Haha!

I never said that!

Wow paranoid r u?

Do U see shadows around every corner?

Get some help dude!

Wow!

U r like the fucking argument magnet addict!

LOL!

Haha!

I never said that!

Wow paranoid r u?

Do U see shadows around every corner?

Get some help dude!

Wow!

U r like the fucking argument magnet addict!

LOL!

You're embarrassing yourself.

What I was actually saying is that guys with those long range styles always lose to a certain style of pressure fighter (which you confuse for the "MMA style") and haven't found a way to adapt.

Back in 2008 I really wanted to see Machida vs Wanderlei. I felt like if anyone could get inside on Machida and do damage it was Wand but I also could see Lyoto countering him as Wand stormed in. That would have been an epic fight.

Wonderboy vs Jorge will be great if it happens

Wonderboy vs Robbie Lawler would have been even better.

Karate vs pressure fighter/big puncher always makes for an amazing matchup

Back