The War Room Lounge v.8: Conor was Framed by the Deep State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell on Wheels is unique as the characters are modeled off of real people. Hell, one character they followed the real life person so closely for the character they didn’t even charge their name.

Wait...so like any historical or biographical drama?

giphy.gif

Today I learned that Jack V Savage is my alt account. And all this time I was hoping it was Soul Crusher.

I also learned that our boy Tropodan has banged with the best the WR has to offer: logically brutalized panamaican on the issue of feminism to a 30-25 UD and KO'd Zankou within the first round with a dazzling 1-2 combination of "cuck" and "derp."

I'm not surprised. You know that old adage; box a brawler and brawl a boxer, well to KO Zank you have to spam derp, maybe mix in some dank memes, and hope for the best.

Awesome conversation between two friends, teammates, and bitter rivals. Watching them let their guards done is great. Legit love and admiration going on. Candid shit. Great story about mooning the Queens fans after game seven.

Awesome conversation between two friends, teammates, and bitter rivals. Watching them let their guards done is great. Legit love and admiration going on. Candid shit. Great story about mooning the Queens fans after game seven.

Nothing like taunting fans of a championship-starved team after the refs screwed them out of a championship. :rolleyes:

To this day, that was the worst display of officiating/blatant fixing that I have ever seen. Along with the Detroit Lions vs. Dallas Cowboys in the 2014-2015 (I believe) wildcard game, the only two games I ever saw that I am absolutely positive were fixed by the refs.

Nothing like taunting fans of a championship-starved team after the refs screwed them out of a championship. :rolleyes:

To this day, that was the worst display of officiating/blatant fixing that I have ever seen. Along with the Detroit Lions vs. Dallas Cowboys in the 2014-2015 (I believe) wildcard game, the only two games I ever saw that I am absolutely positive were fixed by the refs.

Yeah well, your officiating grudge aside, if you watched the video before commenting you'd know your characterization of the event is lacking. A more accurate term would be payback.

Butthurt noted.

<28>

Yeah well, your officiating grudge aside, if you watched the video before commenting you'd know your characterization of the event is lacking. A more accurate term would be payback.

Butthurt noted.

<28>

I wouldn't say I'm "butthurt" as I'm not really a Kings fan. And I like Kobe and Derek Fisher. I admittedly do not like Shaq as a person at all.

But the 2000-2004 Sacramento Kings were the most entertaining and exciting team I've ever watched in any sport. Just insane passing.

I wouldn't say I'm "butthurt" as I'm not really a Kings fan. And I like Kobe and Derek Fisher. I admittedly do not like Shaq as a person at all.

But the 2000-2004 Sacramento Kings were the most entertaining and exciting team I've ever watched in any sport. Just insane passing.

Right on. I think the Miami/Mavericks finals would get more votes for bad officiating though. My recollection of their problem was more that Webber more folded than stepped up in the playoffs.

Loved me some Vlade. Wished LA had kept Doug Christie. Jason Williams was crazy fun. But when it's my team against anyone else's it's kill time.

Right on. I think the Miami/Mavericks finals would get more votes for bad officiating though. My recollection of their problem was more that Webber more folded than stepped up in the playoffs.

Loved me some Vlade. Wished LA had kept Doug Christie. Jason Williams was crazy fun. But when it's my team against anyone else's it's kill time.

Nah, Webber was usually solid in the playoffs. Peja, on the other hand...that dude was a front-runner through and through.

Yeah, I'm a big Vlad fan. But that roster during that era was just stupid. Webber, Peja, Christie, Bibby, Bobby Jackson, Vlad, Hedo Turkoglu, later Keon Clark and Brad Miller

Nah, Webber was usually solid in the playoffs. Peja, on the other hand...that dude was a front-runner through and through.

Yeah, I'm a big Vlad fan. But that roster during that era was just stupid. Webber, Peja, Christie, Bibby, Bobby Jackson, Vlad, Hedo Turkoglu, later Keon Clark and Brad Miller

Either way, Webber never scared me. A hot Peja was a different story. Williams did enough bonehead shit to offset his highlight real. Great rivalry that wasn't, since one team did all the winning.

Forgot about Turkey-glue. Dude was a pain in the ass. Kinda like how I imagine other teams thought of Rick Fox or Robert Horry.

Lakers were just better. More talent. Kobe is the 2nd best ever at his position and motivated Shaq is gonna hold his own with whoever you put up against him. A cast of role players rivaled only by the extras on Seinfeld. Epic shit.

Either way, Webber never scared me. A hot Peja was a different story. Williams did enough bonehead shit to offset his highlight real. Great rivalry that wasn't, since one team did all the winning.

Forgot about Turkey-glue. Dude was a pain in the ass. Kinda like how I imagine other teams thought of Rick Fox or Robert Horry.

Lakers were just better. More talent. Kobe is the 2nd best ever at his position and motivated Shaq is gonna hold his own with whoever you put up against him. A cast of role players rivaled only by the extras on Seinfeld. Epic shit.

Kings were a better team in 2001 and 2002 (before Webber fucked up his knee).

I'm blanking on who Williams is, though.

Kings were a better team in 2001 and 2002 (before Webber fucked up his knee).

I'm blanking on who Williams is, though.

Better than who? Teams they actually beat?

Somewhere between showmanship and wizardry.

This is why I love Nate. Would be scared to hang out around the dude though. :oops::D

Wait...so like any historical or biographical drama?

giphy.gif
Going in I didn't realize it was based on real people. Thought they were just using the building of the railroad as a time setting and that was it.

A little more in the way of political music.

Here is "Don't Worry about the Government" by the Talking Heads from their debut album, 77.

A song about the caviler attitudes bureaucrats often have towards their subject, and yet, is so sanguine and cheerful the music/lyricism goes beyond good irony into a dichotomy between the earnest civil service and trusting an empty entity.

The character and the government itself are presented as endearingly and in a way frighteningly human.

For a darker track, here is "The Suit" by Public Image. A song about the supposed hollow ethics, life, and thought of the business world and social climbing.

Any team with any incarnation of "The Dream" from 84 until about 98.

His sweet style, deft skills, incredible athletic ability, and humble, kind hearted, and winningly genuine attitude.

But hey do not take it from me, take it from Master Shaq, starting at about 1:23.

"Nice elbow brother!"

His sweet style, deft skills, incredible athletic ability, and humble, kind hearted, and winningly genuine attitude.

But hey do not take it from me, take it from Master Shaq, starting at about 1:23.

"Nice elbow brother!"

That's such a terrific 30 for 30. Olajuwon had him shook.

"Nice elbow brother!"

Hakeem was awesome. Not sure if you're making a larger point.

Hakeem was awesome. Not sure if you're making a larger point.

Hmm, I do not believe so, except that nothing beats great sportsmanship on the court.

Any man who can take an elbow from Shaq, and be good natured about it is the kind of person we need more of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back