The War Room Lounge v.8: Conor was Framed by the Deep State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel torn about liking this post. Your argument is perfect but the snide comment at the end was unnecessary.

I fail to see the point in discussion if I can’t feel elitist at the end of it by attacking both his argument and his character

Are you ok with that fact about yourself? Therapy with @senri in order, perhaps?

Mr Helicopter will be assuaged. The Ennui inhabits the false idol of his intellect. Once penetrated by the shards of The Nexus will he then begin to saturate his moist body towards a path of truth.

Mr Helicopter will be assuaged. The Ennui inhabits the false idol of his intellect. Once penetrated by the shards of The Nexus will he then begin to saturate his moist body towards a path of truth.
I love you.

No no no fuck off with this shit

I like seeing him do his thing at other people not at me

Mr Helicopter The Nexus is inside of you and it's yearning to drip outside of your wonderfully amenable orifice. You cannot escape this fact about yourself. Don't fight the inevitable...

I'd like 175 to be WW, and 165 Super LW or whatever. That way all the history of 170 is still legit, because those guys were all on weight for the new division as well.

Also, 165 makes the most sense as the only real "new" division to me. It would be stacked right away, and probably become THE marquee division quickly.

I also totally agree on your last point as well. 185 to 205 is a perfectly reasonable gap considering how huge all those guys are anyway. And HW would absolutely suck if they made a 215 or 225 division.
My only problem with this is that guys can already jump around a lot in weight. That Irish thief-leech burned the sport hard with that. There could be upside in terms of seeing more interesting matchups though. You're right that the talent is easily enough for another class imo.

Happy st George's day WR
Happy-Saint-Georges-Day-Wishes-Picture.jpg

My only problem with this is that guys can already jump around a lot in weight. That Irish thief-leech burned the sport hard with that. There could be upside in terms of seeing more interesting matchups though. You're right that the talent is easily enough for another class imo.
I will never understand MMA weight classes.

Just look at them, starting on the low end:

All that makes sense... 10lb difference between each... but then

Some reason we jump to 15lb weight differences. THEN

235-265

Like... WHAT THE FUCK

We go from even 10lb increments then we jump to 15 lbs... OK, I could MAYBE understand the argument that between 170 and say 180 there isn't a whole ton of difference but then we jump a full 20 and then a full 30 after that stage like... You can't tell me there isn't barely a difference between guys that weigh in at 265 vs HWs that consistently weigh in at 235?

I get part of it was in the early years they couldn't have 900 divisions like boxing seems to have with like MW, super MW, super light MW and all these other weird classes but still...

And before someone goes nuts about my rant about HWs here's the thing... other than say maybe Brock or Mark Hunt when Hunt was at his highest "I just eat burritos to train" days... have we ever really seen super talented HWs that weigh more than like 245?

EDIT:
Or just do what boxing does for HW. Cruiserweight for them ends at 200lbs so let's say we use LHW as an example. LHW is 205lbs.

Anyone over that is a HW. Don't put an upper limit there as you'll never see some 600lber be worth a shit in any sport.

Last edited:
265 limit (and MMA weight classes in general) are borrowed from Wrestling I think. That’s it. MMA is a different sport though and 265 is pretty arbitrary.

I think the 265 cap has actually been beneficial for the big guys because it forces them to be in shape

Imagine Tim sylvia if he could walk in at 300 lbs like he did against Mercer in a championship bout?

265 limit (and MMA weight classes in general) are borrowed from Wrestling I think. That’s it. MMA is a different sport though and 265 is pretty arbitrary.

I think the 265 cap has actually been beneficial for the big guys because it forces them to be in shape

Imagine Tim sylvia if he could walk in at 300 lbs like he did against Mercer in a championship bout?
Then he has no business being a fighter if he doesn't have the self control to not eat himself to Super Hluk levels.

It's like James Toney. Dude was an incredible boxer... then he got lazy and chose to eat his way to HW rather than working out and gaining muscle mass to get to that level.

@Falsedawn do you have any knowledge about what is happening in Texas schools?

I made a thread the other day and thought you might know something- slavery being taught with pro/con lists, to children as young as fourth grade. Two incidents I'm aware of, not sure if this is another fiasco like when intelligent design started spreading, or isolated cases of bad judgment...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...-assignment-in-texas-enrages-parents.3752001/

Charter schools, man. It's bad enough that the lege is idiotic with public education, but charter schools around here are the wild west for the most part.

Charter schools, man. It's bad enough that the lege is idiotic with public education, but charter schools around here are the wild west for the most part.
If this is a rising trend and it catches on across the South, it's going to be a huge fucking problem lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back