Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit @Jack V Savage .... I see Avery and instantly think of this:
2usv0.gif

As an aside:
https://www.echo-flats.com/features/

What the fuck is a European Cooktop and why is that considered a "feature/"

OOF

I don't know how I've never heard this before. Noam Chomsky drops his usual respectful dryness and goes after Zizek.

Absolutely terrible showing by Chomsky, and I say that as someone who rejects several positions of Zizek's and turned over every last rock in french post-structuralism and modernism just to decipher the "fancy words" and distill their historical record.

To reject ideology as "fancy words" is to reject cataloguing ideas. Chomsky is too f*cking smart not to see the value in grouping how ideas are expressed, regardless of whose ideas "win" at the end of the day

Also to say that Lacan or any wordy theorists can't be explained to a 5 year old in 5 minutes is absolutely insane

Jouissance: "some adults believe that everyone should pursue what makes them happiest, even when it might get you in trouble with rules. They don't always agree with every rule."

Interpellation: "some adults believe that no matter how hard we try to be individuals, we will always be part of a group of something. You might think of yourself as a Pirate but your teacher thinks of you as a student."

Come the f*ck on, Chomsky. Categorization of ideas is extremely valuable and has countless practical applications to whatever subjects we apply them to. And I say that while still rejecting Zizek.

So, by fixing their currency China has created a kind of gold standard with the pitfalls of gold. No contingencies. Can't shift policies to deal with events happening in real world. They are static. The world is dynamic.

The American dollar is dead. I'm buying the Euro.

Kevin Lee was very impressive last night. I'm very interested in seeing him and Khabib ASAP.

Also, they need to scrap 170, and make 165lb and 175lb divisions already. It only adds one division, and makes the weight classes more standardized.

Because...
This shitty sport has a shallow talent pool already and doesn’t need more fracturing. Larger weight gaps simply make sense the higher you go because they became a smaller percentage of body weight. 10lbs is a huge jump for a Flyweight for example but means dick to a Heavyweight

You just want all of the weight classes ending in 5 to satisfy your autism

This shitty sport has a shallow talent pool already and doesn’t need more fracturing. Larger weight gaps simply make sense the higher you go because they became a smaller percentage of body weight. 10lbs is a huge jump for a Flyweight for example but means dick to a Heavyweight

I only want 1 additional weight class, though. Calm down. Plus, I'd scrap 125 anyway, so it'd still be the same total number of weight classes. Also, 155 and 170 have more than enough talent for 3 divisions instead of 2.

HW

I only want 1 additional weight class, though. Calm down. Plus, I'd scrap 125 anyway, so it'd still be the same total number of weight classes. Also, 155 and 170 have more than enough talent for 3 divisions instead of 2.

HW

Make HW unlimited and we have a deal lmao. Let’s see if Struve can put on some muscle.

I feel torn about liking this post. Your argument is perfect but the snide comment at the end was unnecessary.

HW

I feel like that spot between 155 and 185 likely will have an expanded division like that in time. The only thing that makes me hesitant is how you handle the continuation of 170's history (like do we refer to the 175 title as this division or 165) and also the watering down as a division. 170 and 155 are stacked though and the one place I think it could happen and not seriously affect the divisions.

The proposal I always hate is a division between 185 and 205 or splitting HW. I don't think many issues have arose to prove that needs to happen.

I feel like that spot between 155 and 185 likely will have an expanded division like that in time. The only thing that makes me hesitant is how you handle the continuation of 170's history (like do we refer to the 175 title as this division or 165) and also the watering down as a division. 170 and 155 are stacked though and the one place I think it could happen and not seriously affect the divisions.

The proposal I always hate is a division between 185 and 205 or splitting HW. I don't think many issues have arose to prove that needs to happen.
I'd like 175 to be WW, and 165 Super LW or whatever. That way all the history of 170 is still legit, because those guys were all on weight for the new division as well.

Also, 165 makes the most sense as the only real "new" division to me. It would be stacked right away, and probably become THE marquee division quickly.

I also totally agree on your last point as well. 185 to 205 is a perfectly reasonable gap considering how huge all those guys are anyway. And HW would absolutely suck if they made a 215 or 225 division.

I'd like 175 to be WW, and 165 Super LW or whatever. That way all the history of 170 is still legit, because those guys were all on weight for the new division as well.

Also, 165 makes the most sense as the only real "new" division to me. It would be stacked right away, and probably become THE marquee division quickly.

I also totally agree on your last point as well. 185 to 205 is a perfectly reasonable gap considering how huge all those guys are anyway. And HW would absolutely suck if they made a 215 or 225 division.

155-170 will always have a higher supply of talent too because of the size of an average athlete. I think that must be where the normal athlete's frame gets to after a weight cut. The idea with another division on the HW side is awful because there are shorter supply in general for those athletes. Sure we will get more and more as the sport gets popular but I'd argue HW is still very very thin in talent. Also factor in the lighter guys do okay in the division. Stipe won his last fight. Hardly any of the recent champs have been on the 265 end other than Lesnar. It's just very rare for a frame to be that large and not have limits in coordination or cardio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back