The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lead

If @Jack V Savage loses his bet to @SBJJ and none of my bets settle in the intermediate period, will he still be the so-called "champion"?

The "Champ" isn't really like a belt that gets passed on with a win or loss. The way for a champ to change is each time the rankings get updated (every 10 settled bets) if someone has more points than the champ at that time. "Defenses" are how many wins a champ can get during their reign. So technically you could get to Champ in the rankings, go 3-1 during that period and next rankings if you got dethroned, it would count as three defenses during you reign. This is just to encourage someone on top to continue bets rather than worrying about a loss changing anything. It's not a perfect model but just an extra fun thing to add. People still see the records and bets made.

Also, in SBJJ's case, that obviously wouldn't make him champ but the win would have more significance compared to if he had made it with a nonranked poster, or even someone ranked 10-1. It's a multiplier to whatever the value of the bet is so a small bet still is going to not move the needle much but it still is more valuable to the scoring system.

Does that make sense?

The "Champ" isn't really like a belt that gets passed on with a win or loss. The way for a champ to change is each time the rankings get updated (every 10 settled bets) if someone has more points than the champ at that time. "Defenses" are how many wins a champ can get during their reign. So technically you could get to Champ in the rankings, go 3-1 during that period and next rankings if you got dethroned, it would count as three defenses during you reign. This is just to encourage someone on top to continue bets rather than worrying about a loss changing anything. It's not a perfect model but just an extra fun thing to add. People still see the records and bets made.

Also, in SBJJ's case, that obviously wouldn't make him champ but the win would have more significance compared to if he had made it with a nonranked poster, or even someone ranked 10-1. It's a multiplier to whatever the value of the bet is so a small bet still is going to not move the needle much but it still is more valuable to the scoring system.

Does that make sense?
I meant: If Jack loses that bet, and none of my bets settle in the meantime, will I have more points than Jack? Maybe you don't take points away for losses.

Last edited:
I meant: If Jack loses that bet, and none of my bets settle in the meantime, will I have more points than Jack? Maybe you don't take points for losses.

Losing negatively affects a persons score so it's possible you could move ahead in that scenario.

@cincymma79 v. @waiguoren

1. If the Democrats take the House as a result of the 2018 election, Trump will not sign a health care bill that receives 50% or more of the House Democratic votes before the 2020 presidential election.
2. @waiguoren for, @cincymma79 against
3. Election day 2020, or election day 2018 (if the Republicans keep the House)
4. Name bet
5. 1 year
6. Bet is a push if the Democrats don't win the House in 2018

1. If the Democrats take the House as a result of the 2018 election, Trump will not sign a health care bill that receives 50% or more of the House Democratic votes before the 2020 presidential election.
4. Name bet
5. 1 year
Only catch here is the house bill has to make it through senate as well. Add that stipulation and I guess sig bet is fair?

Added the Senate. Why not a name bet? AV bet as a compromise?

1. If the Democrats take the House as a result of the 2018 election, Trump will not sign a health care bill that receives 50% or more of the House Democratic votes and Senate Democratic before the 2020 presidential election.
4. AV bet
5. 1 year

Added the Senate. Why not a name bet? AV bet as a compromise?

1. If the Democrats take the House as a result of the 2018 election, Trump will not sign a health care bill that receives 50% or more of the House Democratic votes and Senate Democratic before the 2020 presidential election.
4. AV bet
5. 1 year
Forgot we could change names now
That’d be funny
Name bet for three months?

1. If the Democrats take the House as a result of the 2018 election, Trump will not sign a health care bill that receives 50% or more of the House Democrat votes and Senate Democrat votes before the 2020 presidential election.
4. Name bet
5. six months

@Lead, I'm good with this.

Last edited:

4. Name bet
5. six months

@Lead, I'm good with this.
I like your style when it comes to betting.

By how much does losing affect one's score?

The negative value is almost equal to the positive value if you win. The only difference is the multiplier doesn't count towards the loss value. So it makes sense to try to establish a bet with someone ranked to get more reward if you win without more risk if you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.