The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, take a deep breath, compose your thoughts, and then edit them down and into one post. Or better yet, keep them to yourself.

???

LOL

Where is my post showing I believe The President is the Primary cause of fluctuations in the GDP?

For a boorish simpleton my memory seems much better than yours

@HereticBD

Just saw your Bernie Sanders bet. High-quality play there, well done.

@HereticBD

Just saw your Bernie Sanders bet. High-quality play there, well done.

Yeah, that was a funny bet. He talked himself into a corner, and was forced to accept. He tried everything to get out of it, before laying down the 1 month vs 1 year av/sig, that I accepted without hesitation. I would've accepted a lifetime vs one week Av/sig bet, because it's such a sure thing that Bernie Sanders will not become President.

I've also got a bet with @44nutman about Trump being charged with money laundering before the end of the year. That was such a slam dunk, that I almost feel bad for taking advantage of his TDS.

I had a bet with @zebby23 too, about Trump getting removed from office before the end of the year, but he pussied out.

Yeah, that was a funny bet. He talked himself into a corner, and was forced to accept. He tried everything to get out of it, before laying down the 1 month vs 1 year av/sig, that I accepted without hesitation. I would've accepted a lifetime vs one week Av/sig bet, because it's such a sure thing that Bernie Sanders will not become President.

I've also got a bet with @44nutman about Trump being charged with money laundering before the end of the year. That was such a slam dunk, that I almost feel bad for taking advantage of his TDS.

I had a bet with @zebby23 too, about Trump getting removed from office before the end of the year, but he pussied out.
Is that bet with @44nutman unofficial? I didn't see it listed.

To be clear, I see Sanders as one of the hardest matchups for Trump, and if he runs as a Democrat I give him a good shot of winning the nomination. The field is going to be extremely diluted and name recognition will be big plus most of the other candidates have big vulnerabilities.

Is that bet with @44nutman unofficial? I didn't see it listed.

Nah, it's in there somewhere. Might be in V2, or something. It is there though.

To be clear, I see Sanders as one of the hardest matchups for Trump, and if he runs as a Democrat I give him a good shot of winning the nomination. The field is going to be extremely diluted and name recognition will be big plus most of the other candidates have big vulnerabilities.

I'm not too sure that he'll even run.

If not, who do you see as Trump's most likely opponent in 2020?

If not, who do you see as Trump's most likely opponent in 2020?

Who knows who will survive those ridiculous self defeating primaries? The attacks are going to be savage, and I don't know what issues will be truly important to the base at that time. They might even go more radical than Sanders.

I think Harris checks the most boxes for them, though. Booker is my dark horse. He's a crazy man, but he can turn on the charm and charisma when he needs to. But yeah, too early to say.

Who knows who will survive those ridiculous self defeating primaries? The attacks are going to be savage, and I don't know what issues will be truly important to the base at that time. They might even go more radical than Sanders.

I think Harris checks the most boxes for them, though. Booker is my dark horse. He's a crazy man, but he can turn on the charm and charisma when he needs to. But yeah, too early to say.
I will be shocked if Booker gets it.

Warren and Sanders are much harder matchups for Trump than Harris, in my opinion.

I'm not claiming the bet itself wasn't made between you too but it never was made official in here. I found the conversation starting here
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/137946797/
If you guys were interested in making it here, it could be documented/enforced if the proposal is formatted the right way.

We agreed to the terms. @HereticBD eats poutine but I am not worried about him honoring the bet. I will post here as well, so it is now an agreement.

Why can't every bet negotiation be this easy?

I mean, its fine posting it here so people can see the discussion happened but for it to get in the thread OP, it's gotta be accepted with this format:
1. The exact statement the bet is premised upon
2. Stance each poster is taking in regards to the statement
3. The date the bet will be decided
4. The reward/punishment for the winner/loser
5. The duration of the reward/punishment before I will post it.
6 (OPTIONAL) A situation which makes the bet void that isn't clear with the content in 1 & 2. This needs to be very clear if included.
Once, you both are in agreement, tag me so I can add it.

Might be a decent amount of work if you two already have things arranged. I do think it helps with locking all the terms down.

It's agreed. The bet is Trump being charged with Money Laundering by Jan 1st, 2019. If he's charged with that crime before then, I lose. If he isn't, I win. 30 day Av bet. That's it.

No @Jack V Savage nonsense going on here.

@44nutman v. @HereticBD
1. Trump being charged with Money Laundering by Jan 1st, 2019
2. @44nutman for, @HereticBD against
3. 01/01/19
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Looks pretty clear? If you guys want it in the OP, just an okay to this post from both would do it. Like I mentioned, its fine to just keep it unofficial and publicly stated here. Just giving you two the chance to add a little more to it.

I can't find any posts after that where it's quoted and given the okay. Like a mention now and back then, I'm not saying the two of you didn't make a bet but as far as it officially being added, it never came to fruition. Usually I tag the people later in the week when I don't get responses but this one did slip through.

I'm not claiming the bet itself wasn't made between you too but it never was made official in here. I found the conversation starting here

I can't find any posts after that where it's quoted and given the okay. Like a mention now and back then, I'm not saying the two of you didn't make a bet but as far as it officially being added, it never came to fruition. Usually I tag the people later in the week when I don't get responses but this one did slip through.
I agree the bet was made. @HereticBD also agreed. I tagged him so he can confirm with you as well.
@Lead

I agree the bet was made. @HereticBD also agreed. I tagged him so he can confirm with you as well.
@Lead

@HereticBD, looks like this is being rectified. I just need you okay and we are good.

@44nutman v. @HereticBD
3. 01/01/19
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

@44nutman v. @HereticBD
3. 01/01/19
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Looks pretty clear? If you guys want it in the OP, just an okay to this post from both would do it. Like I mentioned, its fine to just keep it unofficial and publicly stated here. Just giving you two the chance to add a little more to it.

@Lead

@HereticBD, looks like this is being rectified. I just need you okay and we are good.

@44nutman v. @HereticBD
3. 01/01/19
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Okily dokily!

It's official. Good on your guys getting this fixed.

giphy.gif

I like @zebby23. We've gotta keep him around.

No, read it again. I never said "Republicans will get 60 seats," I merely pointed out that it's possible. I don't know how many times I need to repeat myself on that.

I'll wager they gain at least 2 seats though, ok? That would put Republicans at 53 seats. How's that?

I just saw your bet with @Lead . What is your reasoning behind that one? I haven't activated my ElectoGOAT™ proprietary model yet, but just on the surface it looks bad for you.

Last edited:
I just saw your bet with @Lead . What is your reasoning behind that one? I haven't activated my ElectoGOAT™ model yet, but just on the surface it looks bad for you.

He’s betting Dems will win 209 seats or more. When I look at the actual races, the polling data (including raw numbers, accounting for methodology, etc.) and Dems’ track record in special elections (2 of 9 IIRC), I think that’s where the 50-yard line is. It’s not a safe bet, but I’m not too worried.

Have you seen my bet with Homer though? I bet that Republicans would get 60 in the Senate. They’d have to sweep WV, MT, AZ, ND, FL, and NJ for that. Talk about long odds!

Status
Not open for further replies.