The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Roger Stone will be indicted and convicted on at least one charge brought by Robert Mueller's team for Trump/Russia coordination/collusion/conspiracy.
2. @andnowweknow - for, @waiguoren- against
3. At the conclusion of Stone's trial, if it happens. If not, at the end of the Mueller investigation.
4. Sig bet
5. 10 months
6. The conviction needs to be for coordination/collusion/conspiracy between Trump/Russia. For example: treason, conspiracy to defraud the USA, or conspiracy to commit an offense against the USA by coordinating with the Russian state would all give the win to @andnowweknow. Tax fraud as in the Manafort case would not count. Perjury would not count. If Stone signs a plea agreement for any reason, the bet is a push.

@Lead, I agree to this.

1. Roger Stone will be indicted and convicted on at least one charge brought by Robert Mueller's team for Trump/Russia coordination/collusion/conspiracy.
3. At the conclusion of Stone's trial, if it happens. If not, at the end of the Mueller investigation.
4. Sig bet
5. 10 months
6. The conviction needs to be for coordination/collusion/conspiracy between Trump/Russia. For example: treason, conspiracy to defraud the USA, or conspiracy to commit an offense against the USA by coordinating with the Russian state would all give the win to @andnowweknow. Tax fraud as in the Manafort case would not count. Perjury would not count. If Stone signs a plea agreement for any reason, the bet is a push.

@Lead, I agree to this.
Agreed. I'd like to know your thoughts on why you believe their wouldn't be a plea from this? Of course there will be. You've basically nullified the bet if he gets charged with a Russia related crime.

@Lead @waiguoren @HomerThompson

I just noticed waiguoren and myself have the same bet with homer. How is that gonna play out? Hes gonna have to wait a whole year to change Homer's sig?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll be banned before I win the bet anyway.

Nah, I'll be off dubs soon enough and will watch my neck. The question stands though. Are we allowed to stack bets?

Obviously. I've got the same bet with @Lead too.

It's an irrelevant question anyway, since you're all going to lose.

The @Lead bet is different. You're betting avs with him

I never realized until now that @waiguoren and I have the same bet with you.

@Lead is this normal? How does it work, first come first serve?

First come, first serve. The bets are numbered now so it's easier to know who gets first dibs.

I'll come up with something to clarify that in the op since it is important to note.

Nah, I'll be off dubs soon enough and will watch my neck. The question stands though. Are we allowed to stack bets?

What do you mean by stack bets? If you mean the multiple of the same one, then yea. It's the person who is making the bets job to notice they might have to wait awhile to get their reward if another one is already in play.

4. Sig bet
5. 10 months

@Lead, I agree to this.

@Lead

I'm a little hesitant to confirm this yet. This was easier to call in the first iteration.
The issue I have is the terms of the conviction and if you both are truly aligned with what the statement above would be. Like is @andnowweknow saying if this bet had been made for Flyn or Manafort, he would've lost or at minimum, the bet would've been null? @andnowweknow , please give me an answer to that. Also, @waiguoren , tell me if you see it that way for those events too.
Secondly, do we always know publicly when someone signs a plea agreement? I get that is a smart place to stick a null bet because of how complicated it could get for either side and wouldn't adhere to the spirit of that bet. I just want to be sure we actually would know when something like that happens.

I'm a little hesitant to confirm this yet. This was easier to call in the first iteration.
The issue I have is the terms of the conviction and if you both are truly aligned with what the statement above would be. Like is @andnowweknow saying if this bet had been made for Flyn or Manafort, he would've lost or at minimum, the bet would've been null? @andnowweknow , please give me an answer to that. Also, @waiguoren , tell me if you see it that way for those events too.
Secondly, do we always know publicly when someone signs a plea agreement? I get that is a smart place to stick a null bet because of how complicated it could get for either side and wouldn't adhere to the spirit of that bet. I just want to be sure we actually would know when something like that happens.
He knows if Stone is charged with something related to Russia he's obviously taking a plea bargain because his free life is over otherwise (outside a pardon which would end Trump's presidency for political reasons).

I'm fine with the bet, @waiguoren is just being a baby about the spirit of the bet (that Stone conspired against the US with Russia to help Trump) with the "how would we know what he had over him to plea out". Well, we'll know by what he was charged with, but they don't specifically say why he plead out, which is what my now eternal foe @waiguoren is hiding from.

I'm fine with the bet going null, which is inevitable...I'll have the internal satisfaction of victory.

He knows if Stone is charged with something related to Russia he's obviously taking a plea bargain because his free life is over otherwise (outside a pardon which would end Trump's presidency for political reasons).

I'm fine with the bet, @waiguoren is just being a baby about the spirit of the bet (that Stone conspired against the US with Russia to help Trump) with the "how would we know what he had over him to plea out". Well, we'll know by what he was charged with, but they don't specifically say why he plead out, which is what my now eternal foe @waiguoren is hiding from.

I'm fine with the bet going null, which is inevitable...I'll have the internal satisfaction of victory.

I'm saying if it goes to court though and he is convicted. Like say we had the same bet set up with Manafort and Flyn, what do you think the result of each bet was? If perjury is done and it relates to Russia, the way I read the bet above is waiguoren wins. Like I'm just trying to understand if you see the scope of what the conviction is.

Like is @andnowweknow saying if this bet had been made for Flyn or Manafort, he would've lost or at minimum, the bet would've been null?

For Flynn, the bet would be a push because Flynn signed a plea agreement.

For Manafort, we don't know yet. If Manafort were convicted only on tax/bank charges and if no plea agreement were signed, I would win. If he were to sign a plea agreement for any reason, the bet would be a push.

Secondly, do we always know publicly when someone signs a plea agreement?
It's a matter of public record.

If perjury is done and it relates to Russia, the way I read the bet above is waiguoren wins.
Again, if he signs a plea agreement in that case, the bet is a push.

Last edited:
For Flynn, the bet would be a push because Flynn signed a plea agreement.

For Manafort, we don't know yet. If Manafort is convicted on tax fraud and doesn't sign a plea agreement, I would win. If he signs a plea agreement for any reason, the bet would be a push.

It's a matter of public record.

Again, if he signs a plea agreement in that case, the bet is a push.

Good, I think we are on the same page. I actually thought we would be but just wanted to check.

First come, first serve. The bets are numbered now so it's easier to know who gets first dibs.

I'll come up with something to clarify that in the op since it is important to note.

What do you mean by stack bets? If you mean the multiple of the same one, then yea. It's the person who is making the bets job to notice they might have to wait awhile to get their reward if another one is already in play.

Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm saying if it goes to court though and he is convicted. Like say we had the same bet set up with Manafort and Flyn, what do you think the result of each bet was? If perjury is done and it relates to Russia, the way I read the bet above is waiguoren wins. Like I'm just trying to understand if you see the scope of what the conviction is.

@andnowweknow, could I get a reply to this

Status
Not open for further replies.