The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lol'd at this. Did you actually think this would be ok, or are you trying to make some kind of weirdo joke? Either way it's hilarious.
I don't have any respect for him. I have the same bet with @Lead currently. I'll leave it at that.

I don't have any respect for him. I have the same bet with @Lead currently. I'll leave it at that.

Then you should be excited to get 1 up on me. It's why I've been angling to make the bet more robust from day 1. Remember that I initially wanted an account bet...

1. Trump is removed from office on or before December 31st, 2019
2. @HomerThompson- for, @waiguoren- against
3. 01/01/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 10 years
6. Death and physical illness would result in a null bet. Mental illness and subsequent removal would count.

I agree to these terms. @Lead

3. 01/01/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 10 years
6. Death and physical illness would result in a null bet. Mental illness and subsequent removal would count.

Make sure it's Nexus approved...

3. 01/01/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 10 years

No Avatar bet. Sig only. Also, LOL at 10 years. C'mon man. I'll give you 3 months.

3. 01/01/2020
4. Sig bet
5. Six months

I agree to these terms @Lead.

He said "you", so I thought he was referring to me.

"You" as in applicant. I remember we were discussing a bet related to your belief that Nunes' memo would have something serious that would cause an agent to get fired. I knew that was absurd, but we had difficulty coming to terms because you were hinting at some kind of backdoor win.

Putting aside the chances of Congress doing the right thing, would you bet against any criminal activity being tied directly to Trump in the final report? That seems like a lock to me, while you seem bizarrely convinced of Trump's innoncence.

"You" as in applicant. I remember we were discussing a bet related to your belief that Nunes' memo would have something serious that would cause an agent to get fired. I knew that was absurd, but we had difficulty coming to terms because you were hinting at some kind of backdoor win.
I disagree with your characterization of how that situation happened, but we've already gone over it and rather than re-hashing it I'd rather spend my time productively.

3. 01/01/2020
4. Sig bet
5. Six months

I agree to these terms @Lead.

I thought you were quoting the 10 year one and was about to flip shit at you guys. Well done.

Also, it's on.
#25. @waiguoren v @HomerThompson
3. 01/01/2020
4. Sig bet
5. Six months

I disagree with your characterization of how that situation happened, but we've already gone over it and rather than re-hashing it I'd rather spend my time productively.

We are on a forum here. Let's not pretend we don't waste time.
(I want to log in tomorrow morning and see two pages of arguing)

To me, arguing with some posters here is not a waste of time. With other posters, it is.

I choose my arguments carefully, but I never pay money for an argument.

The only way I know to do this is to ask you, senri.

Is my bet Nexus-approved?

The Sig bet shall be in accordance with The Nexus if you prove to be victorious. The cortex must be saturated with it's benevolence.

The Sig bet shall be in accordance with The Nexus if you prove to be victorious. The cortex must be saturated with it's benevolence.
Thank you, senri. I can always count on you to guide me.

Plus, there is absolutely nothing to argue about. I'm saying that @waiguoren said this:

I expect the memo to demonstrate improper behavior on the part of at least one FBI agent. In particular, I expect the memo to claim that at least one FBI agent used surveillance technology against high-level Trump campaign officials.

I am pretty confident that the new memo will reveal that at least one FBI agent improperly used communications technology to meddle in the affairs of the Trump campaign. Here "improperly" means that the action would violate the law or internal FBI policy. Shall we arrange a bet around these terms?

It's in this very thread. He was confident that Nunes would deliver something meaningful, and I knew he wouldn't. But we couldn't come to terms because he was being weaselly.

Also, @waiguoren, you didn't answer my question. I wouldn't make the same bet that @HomerThompson is willing to, not because I think Trump is innocent but because even with strong evidence that he committed a crime (or crimes), removal is very hard (I have zero regard for the integrity of Republicans in Congress), especially if the whole thing rolls out a little before an election. But putting that aside, I think it's very likely that there will be incriminating evidence. Would you be willing to bet against that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back