The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's at least hash out the preliminary details.

Paul Manafort is found guilty of(insert crime), and sentenced to...I'll say less than 10 years?

I'm only giving that as a parameter. I don't think he'll be convicted of shit, but that's a start. You say he'll die in prison, I say no. This could be argued down to pardon/no pardon. It's not a very good bet, now that I think about it, but let's hash it out, and see where we land.
Pretty much agree. I think we'd end up betting on what the sentence will be if he takes it to trial. For instance I would say that if he doesn't plead out, and it goes to a verdict and sentencing, he gets 10+ years from the judge. So, he could be found innocent, or he could beat some of the charges and get less than 10 years, and you'd win. Something like that. But you don't think he'll be convicted of anything if it goes to trial, so maybe you should put some weight on your end, if that's what you actually believe.

I'd love to bet on a pardon somehow, but that would basically be flipping coins at this point.

Pretty much agree. I think we'd end up betting on what the sentence will be if he takes it to trial. For instance I would say that if he doesn't plead out, and it goes to a verdict and sentencing, he gets 10+ years from the judge. So, he could be found innocent, or he could beat some of the charges and get less than 10 years, and you'd win. Something like that. But you don't think he'll be convicted of anything if it goes to trial, so maybe you should put some weight on your end, if that's what you actually believe.

I'd love to bet on a pardon somehow, but that would basically be flipping coins at this point.

Personally, I don't think Manafort serves a day, but my God, Sherdog as we know it, might not even exist by the point we find that out.

Even a potential pardon is pretty far off.

Not a good bet proposal. Let's just leave it.

Personally, I don't think Manafort serves a day, but my God, Sherdog as we know it, might not even exist by the point we find that out.

Even a potential pardon is pretty far off.

Not a good bet proposal. Let's just leave it.
Was worth a shot anyway. I agree it's not a really nice clean bet.

Pay attention when the insertions become true...

tumblr_oldo2eitbi1sypuuko1_500.gif

Nearest open bet isn't being decided until June. We need more guyss

What's the nearest open bet?

You can see all open (and closed) bets on the third post of the the thread. It is updated as they occur:

This is the nearest bet to be decided soon and it's two months away
#19. @waiguoren v. @konagold
1. President Donald Trump resigns or is impeached on or before June 2, 2018
2. @konagold - for @waiguoren- against
3. 06/09/2018
4. Signature bet
5. 1 year (est 6/9/18-6/8/19)

Just a reminder that we are at 19 decided bets. Rankings are refreshed every 10 bets which means next resolved bet will come with updated rankings.

Just a reminder that we are at 19 decided bets. Rankings are refreshed every 10 bets which means next resolved bet will come with updated rankings.

The gates of Nexus will be the reward to the champion...

I will never forget you my beautiful tight flesh.... Know this... You will awaken...

The gates of Nexus will be the reward to the champion...

I will never forget you my beautiful tight flesh.... Know this... You will awaken...
I can't wait.

@Lead @Tropodan

North Korea bet.

Stakes 1 month avatar bet.

End date for bet. 2018 midterm elections.

Terms.

Tropodan wins if a deal is signed by agreed date, if deal includes an end to nuclear proliferation, give up all existing nukes, with inspections, and a plan of full implementation within 2 years of the signing date.

I win if any of these conditions are not met.

@VivaRevolution v. @Tropodan
1. A deal by North Korea is signed by or before 11/6/18 for North Korea to do all of the following:
a) Ends nuclear proliferation
b) Gives up all existing nukes
c) Inspections are provided to prove
d) Full implementation of deal within two years
2. @VivaRevolution - For, @Tropodan - Against
3. 11/06/18
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6. This is what the signed deal would say. Actions done by North Korea afterwards are not contingent on the bet.

So I have a few things you two need to clarify before we finalized this.
a) This is what I define nuclear proliferation as:
Nuclear proliferation is the spread of nuclear weapons, fissionable material, and weapons-applicable nuclear technology and information to nations not recognized as "Nuclear Weapon States" by the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of NuclearWeapons, commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT.
c) This is where I think you guys could argue a lot on what counts. Does any inspection count and does it matter which party is conducting the inspection?
d) This also could be an issue if a definitive timeline isn't given with the deal. If we keep this on here and there isn't a clear deadline, that would be considered a Tropodan win imo so please clarify if you want this still on or not.
Lastly, under 6, I mention this is what the deal will state. I don't want arguing over what did and didn't happen in reality. The bet would be on what is in the deal that is signed.

1. A deal by North Korea is signed by or before 11/6/18 for North Korea to do all of the following:
3. 11/06/18
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6. This is what the signed deal would say. Actions done by North Korea afterwards are not contingent on the bet.

Nuclear proliferation is the spread of nuclear weapons, fissionable material, and weapons-applicable nuclear technology and information to nations not recognized as "Nuclear Weapon States" by the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of NuclearWeapons, commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT.
c) This is where I think you guys could argue a lot on what counts. Does any inspection count and does it matter which party is conducting the inspection?
d) This also could be an issue if a definitive timeline isn't given with the deal. If we keep this on here and there isn't a clear deadline, that would be considered a Tropodan win imo so please clarify if you want this still on or not.
Lastly, under 6, I mention this is what the deal will state. I don't want arguing over what did and didn't happen in reality. The bet would be on what is in the deal that is signed.

First of all can you remove my dubs? Madmick gave me dubs for that thread I made which gave birth to this. It was a constructive thread. He's targeted me in the past and I pay for membership here. I don't appreciate someone singling me out with a white glove.

Secondly, for me, I would assume the only realistic weapons inspection would be from the UN no?

First of all can you remove my dubs? Madmick gave me dubs for that thread I made which gave birth to this. It was a constructive thread. He's targeted me in the past and I pay for membership here. I don't appreciate someone singling me out with a white glove.

Secondly, for me, I would assume the only realistic weapons inspection would be from the UN no?

Take up mod issues with that specific mod, then the support forum if you think it isn't resolved.

@VivaRevolution, are you cool with the inspections having to be with the UN specifically?

Take up mod issues with that specific mod, then the support forum if you think it isn't resolved.

@VivaRevolution, are you cool with the inspections having to be with the UN specifically?

Sure, but I can't imagine it would be done any other way. Of course by UN, I include international nuclear watchdog agencies like the IAEA, which is what I assume he meant.

3. 11/06/18
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

I think technically I would be against, and he is for.

I'm in agreement that the bet is on what the deal actually says. The 2 year implementation time is to protect me from a deal that says NK will give up its nukes at some point in the future.

Who does the inspections doesn't really matter to me.

Last edited:
I think technically I would be against, and he is for.

I'm in agreement that the bet is on what the deal actually says. The 2 year implementation time is to protect me from a deal that says NK will give up its nukes at some point in the future.

Who does the inspections doesn't really matter to me.

Oh shit, you're right... and that makes sense if you don't care about who does the inspections. I had everything backwards on who would complain of details.

2. @Tropodan - For, @VivaRevolution - Against
3. 11/06/18
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

@Tropodan , I guess I should've been asking you instead of Viva. With these conditions, if the contract doesn't specify a clear deadline, that would mean a win for Viva. Are you okay with that? Also, if it had a series of deadlines and any of them specific to these conditions went past 2 years, that would also mean a win for Viva. I just want to be sure you guys are okay with each condition here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back