The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strawman. I never claimed you claimed to have evidence that Trump told Flynn to lie. I'm quite sure you don't have such evidence and that's why it's hilarious that you're so confident in that proposition.

I said there's a roughly 75% chance of it. And I explained why. There's nothing resembling a strawman there.

Strawman of the century. When did I ever write such a thing?

You've continually insisted, with no basis whatsoever, that Trump is innocent in this. You're denying it now? Or do you just not like the word "pure"? That's not a strawman. The substance is the same.

If you ask me again without purporting to know the answer, I might tell you.

Well, now you're saying that accurately representing your view as expressed in past posting is a "strawman." So that implies that you don't think that Trump is innocent. So why would I ask why you think he's innocent? I guess I can ask why you changed your view.

Strawman #3. You're really outdoing yourself today. Something go wrong in your personal life again?

LOL! So you think that FISA would issue warrants appropriately? So then why act like there's something improper?

Sure, we can tighten up the language as we move toward the official bet.

For example, to spy on the Trump campaign without the mandated approval from superiors would qualify as "meddling" by my definition.

OK.

I said there's a roughly 75% chance of it. And I explained why. There's nothing resembling a strawman there.

You've continually insisted, with no basis whatsoever, that Trump is innocent in this. You're denying it now? Or do you just not like the word "pure"? That's not a strawman. The substance is the same.

Well, now you're saying that accurately representing your view as expressed in past posting is a "strawman." So that implies that you don't think that Trump is innocent. So why would I ask why you think he's innocent? I guess I can ask why you changed your view.

LOL! So you think that FISA would issue warrants appropriately? So then why act like there's something improper?

OK.
Your responses to the previous points are low quality and thus I am not motivated to respond. Let's focus on the bet.

Are you on board with the general idea? If the memo contains no evidence of improper action by an FBI official toward the Trump campaign/transition, you win.

Your responses to the previous points are low quality and thus I am not motivated to respond. Let's focus on the bet.

They're very high-quality, in fact. You made an allegation that was false (that I was making strawman versions of your arguments). I think it would be decent of you to acknowledge that you were feeling a little flustered and made a mistake. Further, there were points that require some clarification. Is Trump totally innocent or is he not? Seems like on the one hand, you want to insist he was and on the other, you're claiming that that's a strawman. And if it's not pure tribalism leading you to believe that this isn't what it looks like, what is the basis of your position? Your continued reluctance to answer that question is baffling.

Are you on board with the general idea? If the memo contains no evidence of improper action by an FBI official toward the Trump campaign/transition, you win.

Sure. I think we all know that Nunes is a liar who is doing everything he can to protect Trump. That could entail finding something real, but that seems unlikely.

They're very high-quality, in fact. You made an allegation that was false (that I was making strawman versions of your arguments). I think it would be decent of you to acknowledge that you were feeling a little flustered and made a mistake.
I assure you that you have never made me feel flustered. Your inflated sense of self is showing again.

You strawmanned me multiple times in that one post. It's 1 AM, I'm in bed typing on my phone and I really can't be bothered to go bacl and point out all the errors you committed. Very low quality though.

Further, there were points that require some clarification. Is Trump totally innocent or is he not? Seems like on the one hand, you want to insist he was and on the other, you're claiming that that's a strawman. And if it's not pure tribalism leading you to believe that this isn't what it looks like, what is the basis of your position? Your continued reluctance to answer that question is baffling.

Innocent of what? Telling Flynn to lie to the FBI? I've said I think so repeatedly and consistently. As for the reasoning, I'd rather not tell you until Trump's name is cleared and I am proven correct. I still hold hope that we can arrange a bet on the matter.

Sure. I think we all know that Nunes is a liar who is doing everything he can to protect Trump. That could entail finding something real, but that seems unlikely.
Excellent. Care to draft the terms?

I assure you that you have never made me feel flustered. Your inflated sense of self is showing again.

Well, I said it was be decent of you to acknowledge your error and the reason for it, not that I expected it to be done.

You strawmanned me multiple times in that one post. It's 1 AM, I'm in bed typing on my phone and I really can't be bothered to go bacl and point out all the errors you committed. Very low quality though.

I already definitively refuted your claim that I strawmanned you. Repeating the allegation after it's been shown to be false is not cricket.

Innocent of what? Telling Flynn to lie to the FBI? I've said I think so repeatedly and consistently. As for the reasoning, I'd rather not tell you until Trump's name is cleared and I am proven correct. I still hold hope that we can arrange a bet on the matter.

Innocent of wrongdoing in this whole matter.

Your odd tactic of keeping your reasoning secret is more pathetic than interesting at this point.

Excellent. Care to draft the terms?

I'll let you. My general thinking is that the notion that the FBI is biased against Trump is literally comical and being promoted out of desperation on the part of his defenders in Congress. You appear to be something of a true believer (an indication of just how deeply tribalistic you are, IMO) in it. So keep that in mind when drafting.

If you're asking about the thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...-crash-the-world-has-ever-seen.2938613/page-2

If you're asking about the bet, after he made another of his usual unhinged character attacks, I told him he wouldn't be able to back it up. Bet him he couldn't produce a single example of me being dishonest. That thread is where he turned nuts, and you can see where it starts. He was humiliated in the thread and started using character attacks to cover that.

Oof.

I'm not versed enough in economic policy to offer a sufficiently layered critique one way or the other. To me, many of the premises seem fairly solid, but just don't necessarily connect logically to their conclusions.

@HereticBD v @waiguoren
1. Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2020
2. HereticBD- for, waiguoren- against
3. 11/08/2020
4. Sig bet
5. 1 year

@waiguoren, have you thought more about our bet? I think it's clear at this point that the memo itself won't have any evidence of anything (just a partisan document "interpreting" evidence by a WH stooge). But in theory it could *refer* to actual evidence to support your crazy conspiracy theory. The dispute is whether it will, in fact. So keep that in mind when drafting. Interested to see if you'll come through, as I suspect it is only tribalism that leads you to even pretend to believe that there's anything here, while the bet would be decided on the basis of objective rather than tribal reality. So to my mind, the question is whether you're just trying to be a good soldier for the cause of white nationalism or you're legitimately delusional.

@waiguoren, have you thought more about our bet? I think it's clear at this point that the memo itself won't have any evidence of anything (just a partisan document "interpreting" evidence by a WH stooge). But in theory it could *refer* to actual evidence to support your crazy conspiracy theory. The dispute is whether it will, in fact. So keep that in mind when drafting. Interested to see if you'll come through, as I suspect it is only tribalism that leads you to even pretend to believe that there's anything here, while the bet would be decided on the basis of objective rather than tribal reality. So to my mind, the question is whether you're just trying to be a good soldier for the cause of white nationalism or you're legitimately delusional.
Jack, save the commentary/psychoanalysis. Recently I have been too busy honing my martial arts skills to delve into the memo business very much. If you'd like to propose something, I'll have a look. Cheers

From Jan. 4th.

Not much longer until @Lead takes the wheel. The novelty is wearing off on the bucket. You want to yield the balance of your time? I'll give you full credit for a time, times, and half a time whenever you choose. 14 days, plus interest....OR how about a new hat Harry?

@Quipling

30 days is almost up. It's been a pleasure doing business with you. Want to try another hat before @Lead gets his reward?

@Quipling

30 days is almost up. It's been a pleasure doing business with you. Want to try another hat before @Lead gets his reward?

tenor.gif

@Jack V Savage v @waiguoren
1. @Jack V Savage will be absorbed into The Nexus by 1 January 2019
2. waiguoren- for, Jack V Savage- against
3. 1 January 2019
4. Sig bet
5. Forever
6. @senri will determine if the conditions of the bet have been met

Can you feel it Mr @Jack V Savage?.... Don't fight, there is no need to resist. I do understand that i may sound ominous but the malevonce must be conquered for the benevolence to secrete onto the collective..There is an illusion of conflict where there is none, there is only acceptance towards the beautiful... It's going to happen Mr Savage.... This is your calling.... This is your destiny....

anigif_enhanced-27029-1433161408-7.gif

tumblr_okqt7anH0r1vjk3n9o2_250.gif

I'm about to make some big moves. Watch me Brother.

I'm always watching you my beautiful flesh... You will radiate upon us all, transcend towards the beyond...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back