The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also going to declare an unofficial win on the "both parties are the same"/"elections don't matter" argument. This is exactly what I warned left-wing nuts about.

When did this happen? This never got recorded.
Ah... unofficial. So Mr. Savage and I are still neck-and-neck.

Edit: I guess he is 4-0 and I am 3-0. I have another one coming up in June, though.

Edit: I guess he is 4-0 and I am 3-0. I have another one coming up in June, though.
As an observer/shit talker, i'm enjoying this rivalry quite a bit

Whoever ends up with less bet victories should have to wear a sig that says something about tribalism

Yep, but my real record goes way back and is even better. Big part of the reason we have this thread in the first place was because I was making so many and winning them all (did have one unofficial loss, though). Going way back to 2012, half the group used to be absolutely convinced that hyperinflation was right around the corner, like literally, if you said that it wouldn't happen in the next three months, people would accuse you of being a shill. Obviously no one who wasn't being paid to say so would think that inflation wasn't right about to shoot up.

Yep, but my real record goes way back and is even better. Big part of the reason we have this thread in the first place was because I was making so many and winning them all (did have one unofficial loss, though). Going way back to 2012, half the group used to be absolutely convinced that hyperinflation was right around the corner, like literally, if you said that it wouldn't happen in the next three months, people would accuse you of being a shill. Obviously no one who wasn't being paid to say so would think that inflation wasn't right about to shoot up.
I can definitely imagine you were raking in the victories during that time. Goldbugs are highly delusional and very stubborn. We have to stick by the third-party validated standings, though.

I can definitely imagine you were raking in the victories during that time. Goldbugs are highly delusional and very stubborn. We have to stick by the third-party validated standings, though.

I wish there were some equivalent to hyperinflation predictions for white genocide types.

I wish there were some equivalent to hyperinflation predictions for white genocide types.
The percentage of the population which is white is not a useful metric? Or are you saying the time horizon is too long to make it bettable?

The percentage of the population which is white is not a useful metric? Or are you saying the time horizon is too long to make it bettable?

Using the term more broadly. White people who see themselves as victims on the basis of their whiteness. That seems to be the "hot" right-wing group these days. Did you read that idiotic "Flight 93 Election" piece? People like that. What do they think will happen? Since their guy won, I guess the sky isn't falling. Maybe after 2020, though.

Using the term more broadly. White people who see themselves as victims on the basis of their whiteness. That seems to be the "hot" right-wing group these days. Did you read that idiotic "Flight 93 Election" piece? People like that. What do they think will happen? Since their guy won, I guess the sky isn't falling. Maybe after 2020, though.
I think you're misunderstanding the mindset. Basically, the idea is that lax immigration enforcement has led to rapid demographic change in the USA (true). Mainstream values and culture are being eroded (debatable).

I doubt there would be much for you to bet on, since I think your main disagreement would be normative rather than positive.

I think you're misunderstanding the mindset. Basically, the idea is that lax immigration enforcement has led to rapid demographic change in the USA (true). Mainstream values and culture are being eroded (debatable).

I doubt there would be much for you to bet on, since I think your main disagreement would be normative rather than positive.

Yes, that was what I was saying. I wish there were (but there isn't) a solid prediction they were making that I could bet against the way there was with Paulites.

Yes, that was what I was saying. I wish there were (but there isn't) a solid prediction they were making that I could bet against the way there was with Paulites.

Goldbugism/hyperinflationism is rooted in alarmism and fundamental misunderstanding of facts/reality, similar to climate change hysteria.

On the other hand, the dwindling of the white population is a fact. What are some of the beliefs of this camp that you view as kooky?

Goldbugism/hyperinflationism is rooted in alarmism and fundamental misunderstanding of facts/reality, similar to climate change hysteria.

Oh, right, forgot that you were a climate-science denialist. :) Want to make any predictions based on your kooky beliefs here?

On the other hand, the dwindling of the white population is a fact. What are some of the beliefs of this camp that you view as kooky?

The relative decline of the white population is a fact, yes. The idea that we're heading toward some kind of societal collapse as a result is not.

Oh, right, forgot that you were a climate-science denialist. :) Want to make any predictions based on your kooky beliefs here?

Cite the science that I deny. Otherwise, you are engaging in name calling of the sort your father would oppose.

The relative decline of the white population is a fact, yes. The idea that we're heading toward some kind of societal collapse as a result is not.
You're really plucking out the extreme of the extreme when you talk about "societal collapse". That's probably why you can't find anyone to bet with you.

Last edited:
I win this one:

Done. Still a man of my word.

I'm also going to declare an unofficial win on the "both parties are the same"/"elections don't matter" argument. This is exactly what I warned left-wing nuts about.

Now THIS however is bullshit. I have never said both parties are the same or that elections don't matter. I'm saying many Democrats don't inspire much faith nowadays and I had every reason to believe that at least one of them would vote in favor of this just like a few did the Bush tax cuts. Saying the Democratic Party is an inept is not saying that there are moral of the same as Republicans.

It also didn't help when Senators barely even got the chance to read the damn thing before being able to cast their vote.

Cite the science that I deny. Otherwise, you are engaging in name calling of the sort your father would oppose.

Oh, the general "climate alarmism" stuff is a tip-off, and you know it.

You're really plucking out the extreme of the extreme when you talk about "societal collapse". That's probably why you can't find anyone to bet with you.

I haven't asked, but these guys don't make concrete predictions the way the Paulites did. I'm guessing that if Clinton had won, there would be a bunch of crazy claims to bet against.

Done. Still a man of my word.

You can be a dick, for sure, but you take it like a man. So kudos. You have my grudging respect.

Now THIS however is bullshit. I have never said both parties are the same or that elections don't matter. I'm saying many Democrats don't inspire much faith nowadays and I had every reason to believe that at least one of them would vote in favor of this just like a few did the Bush tax cuts. Saying the Democratic Party is an inept is not saying that there are moral of the same as Republicans.

It also didn't help when Senators barely even got the chance to read the damn thing before being able to cast their vote.

There was no reason to rush it, though. If Clinton had won, this shit wouldn't be happening. The left would be complaining that we don't have single payer yet and that Garland was too moderate or whatever. Elections really matter, and staying home or throwing your vote away because like everyone else in any election ever you didn't get your perfect candidate is a massive mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back