The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm winning one on Monday, BTW.

Tried to get @Giblert to stand behind a crazy claim, but no dice.

I'm well aware which is why I made the comment. You and @waiguoren are pulling pretty far in this thing. I think Hans is the only other guy in a distant third if I had to guess and I think he would continue to do some bets if prompted.

What was Giblerts?

He chided me on referring to the Clinton email thing in the past tense, said something is coming. I wanted a concrete claim I could bet against. That one is the gift that keeps giving, as it was clear from the start that there was nothing there, but people are still convinced.

Andddd stilllllll undefeated.....

#15 @Jack V Savage vs. @drstrangelov
1. Trump's favorability rating Real Clear Politics average is 51.8 before Labor Day
2. drstanglov- For, Jack V Savage- against
3. 09/04/2017 (Labor Day)
4. Hybrid- Jack's avatar or Drstranglovs sig
5. 1 month (tentatively 09/04/17-10/03/17)
6. Attempted or successful assassination of Trump or attack by foreign government or there is pending or concluded vote on authorization for military action before his rating goes up, the bet is null
Winner: Jack V Savage

Andddd stilllllll undefeated.....

#15 @Jack V Savage vs. @drstrangelov
1. Trump's favorability rating Real Clear Politics average is 51.8 before Labor Day
2. drstanglov- For, Jack V Savage- against
3. 09/04/2017 (Labor Day)
4. Hybrid- Jack's avatar or Drstranglovs sig
5. 1 month (tentatively 09/04/17-10/03/17)
6. Attempted or successful assassination of Trump or attack by foreign government or there is pending or concluded vote on authorization for military action before his rating goes up, the bet is null
Winner: Jack V Savage
At this point it would be a surprise if Trumps approval rating ever goes that high .

@Jack V Savage

Bet offer: Republicans keep the Senate in 2018
giphy.gif

@Jack V Savage

Bet offer: Republicans keep the Senate in 2018

That's not the kind of bet I'd ever take. Don't know the odds now, but the GOP has a huge edge in terms of home field. The electorate swing might or might not be enough to make up for that. At this point, neither of us has any visibility. I like to make bets where your tribalism leads to to badly miss the true odds *and* where in reality, you're predicting something that is very unlikely. The first condition might hold here, but the second doesn't.

I like to make bets where your tribalism leads to to badly miss the true odds *and* where in reality, you're predicting something that is very unlikely. The first condition might hold here, but the second doesn't.

Then why am I not offering you a bet on the House, buddy?

One day @senri will show you the true nature of tribalism.

Then why am I not offering you a bet on the House, buddy?

One day @senri will show you the true nature of tribalism.

He will taste in due time. I can feel his musk beginning to saturate. He can only abscond for so long.

Last edited:
I never claimed this would happen. I know it's only a possibility, also I'm not saying the world will end only a cataclysmic world changing event might take place. The Revelations 12 sign is only the birth pangs of the great tribulation period, things will only get worse from September 23 onward if the sign is truly real. That being said, if something does happen I try to find this post and talk to you about Jesus.

I never claimed this would happen. I know it's only a possibility, also I'm not saying the world will end only a cataclysmic world changing event might take place. The Revelations 12 sign is only the birth pangs of the great tribulation period, things will only get worse from September 23 onward if the sign is truly real. That being said, if something does happen I try to find this post and talk to you about Jesus.
If the world ends, you are welcome to look for this post and talk to me about Jesus.

If the world ends, you are welcome to look for this post and talk to me about Jesus.
As I said before, the revelations 12 sign does NOT signal the end of the world only the 7 year tribulation period that will be unlike anything ever seen before. There is NO end of the world.

As much as I get the idea of calling out a doomsday date, you gotta think of it from the believers perspective. They lose and they have to take the punishment. They win and everyone died so it didn't matter. It's only downside.

Though I do think these date predictions are odd when they even are Christian. Isn't there a verse saying that no one will know this when this event will occur? Hell, isn't there debate about a rapture event even being biblically based? I thought that theory came after 1000 AD?

As much as I get the idea of calling out a doomsday date, you gotta think of it from the believers perspective. They lose and they have to take the punishment. They win and everyone died so it didn't matter. It's only downside.

Though I do think these date predictions are odd when they even are Christian. Isn't there a verse saying that no one will know this when this event will occur? Hell, isn't there debate about a rapture event even being biblically based? I thought that theory came after 1000 AD?
It has been the end times since the beginning. Eschatology seems to have been inherited and shaped to new purpose.

It has been the end times since the beginning. Eschatology seems to have been inherited and shaped to new purpose.

The reality is we are just all gonna die at some point and the world will go on and forget us fairly quick. We are in a pretty interesting time in human history but it would be silly to think we are at the end.

The reality is we are just all gonna die at some point and the world will go on and forget us fairly quick. We are in a pretty interesting time in human history but it would be silly to think we are at the end.

You know your destination Mr Lead, and there is only one avenue. Get acquainted with your fate, and seek it's resolve. Allow it to softly slip inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back