The War Room Bet Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything personal with him. There are at least 20 posters who I think he's almost totally interchangeable with that I don't read either.

I stand by my bet. You'll come around. He has charisma.

I'll bet you 20 bucks nothing happens. (in the Mueller investigation)

I'm not going to bet money in an unenforceable bet with a stranger, but I'll put up an av or sig bet of any length that something happens in the Mueller investigation if it isn't outright blocked.

I'm not going to bet money in an unenforceable bet with a stranger, but I'll put up an av or sig bet of any length that something happens in the Mueller investigation if it isn't outright blocked.
That's why I made it $20. Any more and I'd be forced to break your legs if you didn't pay up.

That's why I made it $20. Any more and I'd be forced to break your legs if you didn't pay up.

So, not biting on the av/sig bet?

I'm not interested in a personal transaction.

I will do a money bet taking the form of loser donates to an apolitical 501(c)(3), but that doesn't preclude av/sig.

You could also do a Paypal thing (both deposit, give a third party access to turn over to the winner), but, yeah, sig/AV is more normal here.

How are you guys defining "something happening"?

So, not biting on the av/sig bet?

I'm not interested in a personal transaction.

I will do a money bet taking the form of loser donates to an apolitical 501(c)(3), but that doesn't preclude av/sig.
My av is worth more than yours tho. No one knows who you are.

My av is worth more than yours tho. No one knows who you are.
I frankly don't see why that matters if you're confident in winning, but it's not hard to handicap that sort of thing.
You could also do a Paypal thing (both deposit, give a third party access to turn over to the winner), but, yeah, sig/AV is more normal here.

How are you guys defining "something happening"?
I was going to cross that bridge after seeing if he'd actually agree to a stake. Right now he's pretty insistent that the investigation is dead, so I assume that he means it won't proceed any further than fruitless interviewing, etc.

I frankly don't see why that matters if you're confident in winning, but it's not hard to handicap that sort of thing.

I was going to cross that bridge after seeing if he'd actually agree to a stake. Right now he's pretty insistent that the investigation is dead, so I assume that he means it won't proceed any further than fruitless interviewing, etc.
Impeachment or bust. I'm not gonna pay up for a nothingburger.

So the investigation could result in multiple convictions and a recommendation, but doesn't count if Congress refuses to impeach?

Thanks for wasting everyone's time. The real nothing burger was your 20$ bet challenge.

So the investigation could result in multiple convictions and a recommendation, but doesn't count if Congress refuses to impeach?

Thanks for wasting everyone's time. The real nothing burger was your 20$ bet challenge.
Madmick brought up impeachment and you invoked my name in this thread, so if anyone wasted someone's time it was you....wasting mine!

good-day-sir.gif

This is the kind of autodestruction that the bet thread is made for, IMO.

This clown starts off making a strong assertion (copying a weird GOP talking point) and then within a couple of posts is essentially admitting that he was wrong and he knows it.

This is the kind of autodestruction that the bet thread is made for, IMO.

This clown starts off making a strong assertion (copying a weird GOP talking point) and then within a couple of posts is essentially admitting that he was wrong and he knows it.
What are you going on about? I made a friendly bet with Madmick in another thread that nothing would happen and then was called into this thread by Quipling. I don't even want to deal with you losers.

What are you going on about? I made a friendly bet with Madmick in another thread that nothing would happen and then was called into this thread by Quipling. I don't even want to deal with you losers.

Not sure how it's confusing to you. You initially insisted that nothing would happen with the investigation, and after a couple of posts, you were forced to acknowledge that something will likely happen. That's why having people make bets is a great thing for the forum. Forces people to either back off on knowingly false claims or end up losing bets.

Not sure how it's confusing to you. You initially insisted that nothing would happen with the investigation, and after a couple of posts, you were forced to acknowledge that something will likely happen. That's why having people make bets is a great thing for the forum. Forces people to either back off on knowingly false claims or end up losing bets.
Here you go, dingus. He even bolded it in hot pink.

You guys keep saying this, but the walls have closed in tighter than ever, and the investigation continues. #Impeachburger looms. As @Quipling once pointed out, just because we don't get a new sensationalist piece of the puzzle as a headline cycle in the media demonstrating Trump's unmitigated mendacity every 3 days doesn't mean that it has gone away, or that the very real threat to his Presidency (and possibly his freedom) endures.

Here you go, dingus. He even bolded it in hot pink.

In response to this:

"since Russiagate fell apart."

Did it fall apart? You realize that shit is coming down, no? That's what you essentially admitted by backing down from Quipling's offer.

In response to this:

"since Russiagate fell apart."

Did it fall apart? You realize that shit is coming down, no? That's what you essentially admitted by backing down from Quipling's offer.
If you want to include major convictions, then I'll agree to that, but "something" doesn't mean a fake news report. That's the only way I lose this.

geez you guys really know how to suck the fun out of a $20 bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back