Law Affirmative Action Abolished: U.S Supreme Court Outlaws Racial Discrimination In College Admissions.

If success was measured in tests, it makes no sense for western civilization to be so ahead of the far east.

I'm not sure how far ahead we are. With technology being the future and code being somewhat of a universal language that everyone can learn, we will see if in the next 100 years our "creative" advantage is a real thing, or if it's more of an historical benefit of being the first into the industrial revolution for the reason that we are ahead. I could see China, Japan, and Korea all pumping out corporations that match our own on creativity. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see. I agree that being a c student isn't bad. But I think those A students will find a passion too. The west has its own problems too, the war on male children and the effect it's having on their learning will take it's toll. We already see the effect now. Less men getting degrees, going to college ect

99% of these High school "geniuses" have 0 social skills

*Duplicate*

Last edited:
People bitch about blacks getting into elite colleges with less grades, but i can assure you that any black getting there is doing it because he is passionate and motivated, not because of societal pressure.

If success was measured in tests, it makes no sense for western civilization to be so ahead of the far east.

So when a Asian person gets in to a elite school it is just because he is good at taking tests. When a black person gets into an elite school it is because he is passionate and motivated?

That is incredibly racist of you. America has been trying to keep the Asian man down for as long as he;s been in the United States. The anti Chinese law in Cali, the Japanese plantations in Hawaii, and now colleges blatant discrimination against Asian Americans.
It always gets rationalized by comments like that above. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Here in the UK south east Asians cop a lot of hatred from left wingers too and is something that has gotten worse in recent years. It would also be interesting to see the rate at which south east Asians are the victims of assault at the hands of blacks and far left groups like UAF.

Here in the UK south east Asians cop a lot of hatred from left wingers too and is something that has gotten worse in recent years. It would also be interesting to see the rate at which south east Asians are the victims of assault at the hands of blacks and far left groups like UAF.

It seems that the leftwing hates success and loves weakness.

Uhm, this isn't an Asian thing. It's an immigrant thing.

Asians get most of the media attention but Nigerians, Kenyans, Ghanians, etc. all have similar education outcomes as Asians. The difference is that their statistics get lost in the much larger native born African American stats (since 91% of the black population is native born) while Asian immigrants represent 75% of the Asian population.

For example - 1/3 of Harvard's black student population is made up of immigrants/first generation Americans but they represent less than10% of the total black population. Why the disproportionate presence of immigrant black kids compared to natives? Immigrant parenting is better than native in all ethnic groups.

My brother hears the same complaints at his daughter's school and they live in a mostly white suburb. He parents the way immigrant parents do, which means he's on top of everything. He gives extra homework, supervises everything, and limits who she can have as friends and what activities she's allowed to pursue. The results are that she's the most accomplished child the school's ever had, winning so many awards that the school doesn't know what to do.

But what do the other local parents say to him? They ask him to join them in a campaign to reduce the amount of homework that the school assigns. She gets perfect scores on all of those state standardized exams and rather than copying his approach, the other parents want their kids to study less. :confused:

Anyhoo, my point is that this isn't an anti-Asian thing. It's a general American trend towards to less meritocratic educational standards that's contrary to the immigrant work ethic. It simply shows up more heavily in the Asian population because they, unlike most other ethnic groups, don't have a large enough native population to bury the immigrant specific statistics.

I agree, but i dont think robbing kids from a childhood its healthy for a society.

And this is really the other side of the coin of this issue.

Like the Pablo said, the hardest workers deserve the rewards, bit at what point or age should that dedication begin? Is life so competitive that it needs to start soone and sooner?

I've known parents that focus on college applications when their kid isn't even in the preschool yet. Is that better parenting? At what point is it time to start making sure your kid is getting out in front of the pack?

Well we don't want to penalize those that go the extra mile, do we really benefit from making the lives of our children so competitive, or focus on that one race?

Asians get most of the media attention but Nigerians, Kenyans, Ghanians, etc. all have similar education outcomes as Asians. The difference is that their statistics get lost in the much larger native born African American stats (since 91% of the black population is native born) while Asian immigrants represent 75% of the Asian population.

For example - 1/3 of Harvard's black student population is made up of immigrants/first generation Americans but they represent less than10% of the total black population. Why the disproportionate presence of immigrant black kids compared to natives? Immigrant parenting is better than native in all ethnic groups.

My brother hears the same complaints at his daughter's school and they live in a mostly white suburb. He parents the way immigrant parents do, which means he's on top of everything. He gives extra homework, supervises everything, and limits who she can have as friends and what activities she's allowed to pursue. The results are that she's the most accomplished child the school's ever had, winning so many awards that the school doesn't know what to do.

But what do the other local parents say to him? They ask him to join them in a campaign to reduce the amount of homework that the school assigns. She gets perfect scores on all of those state standardized exams and rather than copying his approach, the other parents want their kids to study less. :confused:

Anyhoo, my point is that this isn't an anti-Asian thing. It's a general American trend towards to less meritocratic educational standards that's contrary to the immigrant work ethic. It simply shows up more heavily in the Asian population because they, unlike most other ethnic groups, don't have a large enough native population to bury the immigrant specific statistics.
If it was an immigrant thing you would have mentioned Mexicans too. Or Dominicans, Guatemalans, Somalis, Polish or a number of other groups. Its well-known that blacks from Africa and the Caribbean make up a disproportionate percentage of the black population at top schools. They also benefit from affirmative action and foreign aid (did obamas dad pay the full tuition to harvard? The answe is pronably not known but I'd say ots unlikely)

And asians who have parents who were born here still do well. Jews do well and most of them have ancestors who came around 1900

And this is really the other side of the coin of this issue.

Like the Pablo said, the hardest workers deserve the rewards, bit at what point or age should that dedication begin? Is life so competitive that it needs to start soone and sooner?

I've known parents that focus on college applications when their kid isn't even in the preschool yet. Is that better parenting? At what point is it time to start making sure your kid is getting out in front of the pack?

Well we don't want to penalize those that go the extra mile, do we really benefit from making the lives of our children so competitive, or focus on that one race?

We do benefit and that dedication should start as early as possible. I subscribe to the opinion that hard work and competitiveness have to be instilled in the child as early as possible.

I agree that it doesn't have to mean test obsessive studying and that there are many ways to get there. However, these days getting a good job is highly dependent on the right degree and the right grades combining to put your child near the top of his/her graduating class. That means that they need to go to a good college/trade school and that means excelling during high school and that means work ethic and competitive drive. If it's instilled early enough then you can let the child have more independence as they get older because their habits are already ingrained.

I think finding the balance is difficult but our job as parents is to find that balance and maintain it.

If it was an immigrant thing you would have mentioned Mexicans too. Or Dominicans, Guatemalans, Somalis, Polish or a number of other groups. Its well-known that blacks from Africa and the Caribbean make up a disproportionate percentage of the black population at top schools. They also benefit from affirmative action and foreign aid (did obamas dad pay the full tuition to harvard? The answe is pronably not known but I'd say ots unlikely)

And asians who have parents who were born here still do well. Jews do well and most of them have ancestors who came around 1900

But it is the same with Hispanic and European immigrants. I only mentioned the African immigrant situation because I was recently reading some stats and they were fresh in my head.

There's plenty written up about it already but the difference between Asians and those other groups is the size of the native population vs. the immigrant population. For example - only 35% of the Hispanic population is foreign born compared to the 75% in the Asian community.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/im...ultural-tools-succeed-study/story?id=17284688

Part of the problem is education has become fetishized. Some people act like all differences could be leveled if everybody got the same schooling.

But it's nonsense. Even if everybody had top notch basketball coaching starting early in life, a 5'2 kid with no vertical isn't making the NBA. It's just as dumb to think everybody is destined for elite magnet high schools then the Ivy League.

With many of the East Asian countries (e.g. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore), it surely is not just an immigrant issue. It is that these countries value education much more so compared to other countries. There is a tendency (especially by the people on the left) to deny or to lie about the level in which these East Asian countries (not just the immigrants but the entire countries as a whole) value education.

I'm not sure how far ahead we are. With technology being the future and code being somewhat of a universal language that everyone can learn, we will see if in the next 100 years our "creative" advantage is a real thing, or if it's more of an historical benefit of being the first into the industrial revolution for the reason that we are ahead. I could see China, Japan, and Korea all pumping out corporations that match our own on creativity. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see. I agree that being a c student isn't bad. But I think those A students will find a passion too. The west has its own problems too, the war on male children and the effect it's having on their learning will take it's toll. We already see the effect now. Less men getting degrees, going to college ect

China cant really bitch about head starts when they have been using natural gas and coal for thousands of years, one cant simply ignore the fact that the west is the leader when it comes to innovation and creativity.

Japan for example is the third largest economy in the world and has been first world for decades as of now, yet they only have 2 in the top 200 universities in the world.

Making a one fits all system based on tests only creates good employees.

With many of the East Asian countries (e.g. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore), it surely is not just an immigrant issue. It is that these countries value education much more so compared to other countries. There is a tendency (especially by the people on the left) to deny or to lie about the level in which these East Asian countries (not just the immigrants but the entire countries as a whole) value education.

It is an immigrant issue. That's what the research shows. The important statistic that gets missed in this discussion is the proportion of immigrants per ethnic group.

Native % :: Foreign %​
White --------- 93% :: 7%
Black --------- 92% :: 8%
Hispanic ----- 65% :: 35%
Asian --------- 25% :: 75%

What has happened is that because the Asian population is so significantly more foreign born (or first generation) that their outcomes have been attributed to their Asian ethnicity. But when people start separating out the immigrants from the natives in the other ethnicities, the Asian success stops being an outlier and trends the same as other immigrant ethnic groups.

These "geniuses" don't need your social skill to take care of their own children like their parents did for them.

What you should be focus on is this:

After they worked their asses off and got their success in life like their parents said they would, I reckon these Asian-Americans probably would have both the time and money to enjoy life however they want.

Don't be surprised if those "nerdy kids" you grew up with have now vacationed in more countries than you can name.

1.- Actually you do need social skills in pretty much every field of life, even some of the hard sciences require some degree of social skills.

2.- LOL because the rat race stops at your 20s? 30s? what you actually end up is a man whose entire existence is validated by success so any rock they stumble upon in life leads to their whole life crashing, no fucking wonder asian nations have such low birth rates and suicides.

3.- Life doesnt rewards work for the sake of work either, how many self-made billionaires said "well i did nothing but study all my life and then money just came out of the ceiling" they certainly worked hard, but they were their own guide and they had their own goals, not an standarized test.

I get paid to send Asian kids to school in foreign countries...

I guess in racist because in white...

Srs. Didn't read any of this shit.

It is an immigrant issue. That's what the research shows. The important statistic that gets missed in this discussion is the proportion of immigrants per ethnic group.

Native % :: Foreign %​
White 93% :: 7%
Black 92% :: 8%
Hispanic 65% :: 35%
Asian 25% :: 75%

What has happened is that because the Asian population is so significantly more foreign born (or first generation) that their outcomes have been attributed to their Asian ethnicity. But when people start separating out the immigrants from the natives in the other ethnicities, the Asian success stops being an outlier and trends the same as other immigrant ethnic groups.

This is an immigration issue + the culture issue. Basically, if you import randomly selected samples of 1000 households from Singapore and 1000 households from Mexico to USA, after 1 generation, kids from Singapore would severely outperform kids from Mexico. Some of the Asian countries (e.g. Japan, Korea, Singapore) really put too much importance on education such that it can be unhealthy for the kids but you cannot argue with performance.

Back