The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion = Lowest Mid Season Premiere Rating out of all Seasons.

Check out the synposis for the mid season finale...

Episode 9x08, the Mid-Season Eight finale, is titled, "Evolution."

The official synopsis for Evolution reads, "A small rescue mission braves a dangerous herd in their hunt for a missing comrade, only to discover a surprising threat that could doom them all."

Sounds like everyone is out looking for Rick and the Whisperers debut.

Also, the synopsis for Episode 07 hints something else too for comic readers...

Episode 9x07 is titled, "Stradivarius."

The official synopsis for Stradivarius reads, "Carol seeks out an old friend living alone in a wilderness teeming with walkers; survivors make the perilous trek to a new home."

Probably the debut of Magna and her group of survivors.

I took a break from TWD after Season 4 Episode 12 I think (after the Daryl/Beth episode) and didn't pick it back up until Season 5 Episode 3 was out.

At this point, I am only watching it because I only enjoy complaining about it here lol.

I am totally done with FTWD though. I haven't watched the last 4 episodes and I have no plan on doing so.

I watched it up until season 5 or 6. I mentally checked out around season 3-4 though. I never got over Shane being killed off.

According to IMDb

Dude who plays Jesus does not appear casted in any episode after the mid season finale...

Also no Enid casted in any episode after the mid season finale.

Both of them are listed as 2015-2018 and 2016-2018...

Looks like both will be killed off.

Also Whisperers by Episode 5 (Lydia debut) and Episode 6 (Alpha debut) and Episode 7 (Beta debut)

Last edited:
So far, I haven't hated TWD on the level that I hated FTWD.
Nothing great has happened, but nothing too offensively bad yet. The 2nd episode was decent actually.
I really like that actor they got (watched him in Black Sails) That's the kind of new blood they need in this show...and of course they kick him out of the group in the very episode they introduce him...
<1>

Check out the synposis for the mid season finale...

Episode 9x08, the Mid-Season Eight finale, is titled, "Evolution."

The official synopsis for Evolution reads, "A small rescue mission braves a dangerous herd in their hunt for a missing comrade, only to discover a surprising threat that could doom them all."

Sounds like everyone is out looking for Rick and the Whisperers debut.

Also, the synopsis for Episode 07 hints something else too for comic readers...

Episode 9x07 is titled, "Stradivarius."

The official synopsis for Stradivarius reads, "Carol seeks out an old friend living alone in a wilderness teeming with walkers; survivors make the perilous trek to a new home."

Probably the debut of Magna and her group of survivors.
I hope Rick doesnt die and meets up with Morgan on fear

but he is likely dead

Also This chick has been cast as Magna, but old friend did she ever appear on TWD before I dont remember?
nadia-hilker.jpg

According to IMDb

Dude who plays Jesus does not appear casted in any episode after the mid season finale...

Also no Enid casted in any episode after the mid season finale.

Both of them are listed as 2015-2018 and 2016-2018...

Looks like both will be killed off.

Also Whisperers by Episode 5 (Lydia debut) and Episode 6 (Alpha debut) and Episode 7 (Beta debut)

Good sleuthing man.

Gimple aint hesitating on killing off more characters or they either just got lost and wont appear until next season since the group gets invaded by the whisperers right?

4 more episodes and Im gone. I just want Rick the selfish cvnt die a violent death and I really hope Meg kills hin. What he did to her is beyond selfish

<31>

Rick is awesome, one of the only good things about this shit show

Who the fuck is Meg

Fuck Meg

What I think will happen:

Obviously there will be some type of uprising by the Sanctuary or that those that went missing joined/forced to join a group planning to free Negan or something like that. Remember that Aircraft/drone or whatever shown in Ep.2? When it looks like Negan is winning the US Army/The IRS will roll in and save the day and declare that the Second Founding of the American Republic has taken place and that Alexandria's Coalition is invited/forced to join. Everyone's kinda happy. The End.

but he is likely dead

Also This chick has been cast as Magna, but old friend did she ever appear on TWD before I dont remember?
nadia-hilker.jpg

The actress cast as Magna never been on TWD but she's been on some other TV shows....She's seriously sexy looking in some pics and seriously weird looking in others.

I am glad both those characters in my spoiler tag are being killed off...Too many useless, underdeveloped characters in this show to begin with and characters that they've ruined from their comic counterpart.

The actress cast as Magna never been on TWD but she's been on some other TV shows....She's seriously sexy looking in some pics and seriously weird looking in others.

I am glad both those characters in my spoiler tag are being killed off...Too many useless, underdeveloped characters in this show to begin with and characters that they've ruined from their comic counterpart.

Im just curious how the hell will they add Magna to the story line because it said Carol will encounter an old friend? I never seen Magna anytime in the show, is this a friend from before season one started?

Im just curious how the hell will they add Magna to the story line because it said Carol will encounter an old friend? I never seen Magna anytime in the show, is this a friend from before season one started?

Who Carole finds is separate from the new survivors arriving. Two different plot points that arent related I assume.

1) Carol seeks out an old friend living alone in a wilderness teeming with walkers and 2) survivors make the perilous trek to a new home

The rumor I'm hearing is after Ricks last episode in Episode 5, there is a 6 year time jump and the person Carole goes looking for in the woods is Daryl; who goes into self imposed isolation after Rick is gone.

Last edited:
Who Carole finds is separate from the new survivors arriving. Two different plot points that arent related I assume.

1) Carol seeks out an old friend living alone in a wilderness teeming with walkers and 2) survivors make the perilous trek to a new home

The rumor I'm hearing is after Ricks last episode in Episode 5, there is a 6 year time jump and the person Carole goes looking for in the woods is Daryl; who goes into self imposed isolation after Rick is gone.

dam they finna do a time jump that long?

It makes me wonder what happens with Fear the walking dead are they gonna time jump it too?

DVR+3 for Ep 2 is 2.76...much better than I thought. So far 7.71 for Ep 2. DVR+7 might add on another 600,000 views. Ep 2 might end up with 8.30 when it's all said and done.

But that's still a 1 million views drop from the S9 Premiere. Ouch.

Well, it's not amazing so far but I am far more excited about what could happen in this season compared to the last couple. Deviating enough from the comics to keep it interesting.

Will miss my Rick however.

Really like the actor that plays the blacksmith. The character feels like a living breathing person rather than just a role/character.

but he is likely dead

nadia-hilker.jpg
She was in The 100. Looks kinda dirty.

Wood.

Well, it's not amazing so far but I am far more excited about what could happen in this season compared to the last couple. Deviating enough from the comics to keep it interesting.

Really like the actor that plays the blacksmith. The character feels like a living breathing person rather than just a role/character.

Yup earl the blacksmith character is like the first character in a long whole that they've fleshed out and it made a total difference. It was a great interaction he had with Maggie .

I like the med school character too, the brown guy. Felt like the first actual good actor they hired in a long while.

I’m still abandoning this shit as soon as they kill off Rick though.

I like the med school character too, the brown guy. Felt like the first actual good actor they hired in a long while.

I’m still abandoning this shit as soon as they kill off Rick though.
I don't know. I'd suggest making it through the whole season.

I am familiar enough with the comics to know that shit is going down right after he dies.

Back