The WALKING DEAD: Season 7, Second Half (No Comic or Show Spoilers)

Anyone remember this? Still hilarious.

I think I'm tapping out, bros. I loved the Negan reveal episode and was fully back into the show...but I literally fell asleep last night. I am so sick and tired of these rehashed archs. Over and over and over the same shit. How can we be this late in the series and STILL have episodes dedicated to Morgan and Carol (aka Rambo Reincarnate) mulling over the moral dilemma of killing. Their decision to milk the living shit out of this franchise is killing it.

I'm done for now. I'll check the thread occasionally but I have no intention of watching this show anymore unless I hear something changes.

Godspeed, gentlemen.

The other thing you could try is wait until the season is over and then download and binge watch it. I've noticed that when shows start to have a slowish pace I enjoy them better when I binge watch. It keeps me more interested in the story and makes it feel like the show is actually going at an OK speed.
What they are doing this season by having 2-3 weeks between each location (Saviors, Alexandria, Kingdom, etc.) is just horrible. I guess it's probably cheaper to not have to pay all the actors for every episode but by the time they get back to Hilltop you basically forgot half the details. They need to do 15/20 minutes for each location every episode IMO. Too much wasted time.

I was a bit confused with the Gavin bit. Did he want his guy to shoot Richard? Did he actually care that the kid died b/c he was just a kid and Gavin actually has a heart? Or was he just worried that if they pushed the Kingdom too far (by killing a kid) that it might turn into a war? I'm sure Negan doesn't want to have a war on his hands. He only wants to keep the freebies coming. So did Gavin get pissed b/c he felt bad for killing a kid or is he scared of Negan?

I remember when Richard got into a scuffle with the rat-faced prick that Gavin warned Ezekiel that they can't continue to have these problems otherwise Richard is first at bat. He looked surprised that Benjamin got shot and told RFP to give Morgan his stick and to get in the car but still had to lay down the law and make sure Ezekiel understood why things went the way they did.

I'd like to think maybe Gavin is one of the people that was mentioned a few episodes back that don't want to be there but understands it's either this, work the wall, or die. I thought for a sec he was gonna pop RFP in the head but instead told him to walk back to the Sanctuary.

I remember when Richard got into a scuffle with the rat-faced prick that Gavin warned Ezekiel that they can't continue to have these problems otherwise Richard is first at bat. He looked surprised that Benjamin got shot and told RFP to give Morgan his stick and to get in the car but still had to lay down the law and make sure Ezekiel understood why things went the way they did.

I'd like to think maybe Gavin is one of the people that was mentioned a few episodes back that don't want to be there but understands it's either this, work the wall, or die. I thought for a sec he was gonna pop RFP in the head but instead told him to walk back to the Sanctuary.

Ya, good call on that. I couldn't quite tell if Gavin actually has a good heart and is just doing what he has to do to survive.....hence him being upset that RFP basically killed a kid. Or if he was just upset b/c he doesn't want to cause problems or get The Kingdom all up in arms and start a war.

Given his body language and his attitude it seems it's kind of like you mentioned where he understands what he has to do for Negan and knows the rules but doesn't really enjoy it. He's constantly sighing and just saying he took the job to avoid stress not to add stress in his life. He just wants the drops and wants to avoid headache.

Not feeling that this Gavin (?) is a good guy at heart, but it is SUPER refreshing to have a bit of a normal guy out there in Negans squad. They are all so exaggerated and cartoonishly evil, annoying, sadistic, a-hole bad guys it annoys the hell out of me.

Ya, good call on that. I couldn't quite tell if Gavin actually has a good heart and is just doing what he has to do to survive.....hence him being upset that RFP basically killed a kid. Or if he was just upset b/c he doesn't want to cause problems or get The Kingdom all up in arms and start a war.

Given his body language and his attitude it seems it's kind of like you mentioned where he understands what he has to do for Negan and knows the rules but doesn't really enjoy it. He's constantly sighing and just saying he took the job to avoid stress not to add stress in his life. He just wants the drops and wants to avoid headache.

I think he was intimidated by Morgan too... at the end of the episode morgan is sharpening the stick turning it into a spear now I wonder who will get stabbed by that. Gavin or Rat Face?

I think he was intimidated by Morgan too... at the end of the episode morgan is sharpening the stick turning it into a spear now I wonder who will get stabbed by that. Gavin or Rat Face?
8938506.jpg

It's obvious that guy hates all this shit and is just trying to make it in a fucked up world. I imagine he's done some fucked up shit to make it to that position but now he has his own post and just wants to do his job stress/problem free.

The guy being chocked out and no one helping was really fucked up. I don't care that someone yelled "No". The scene made no sense. There friend is being killed and they don't even want to try and help and find out what's going on? If Morgan was just kicking his ass ok I get it they let it play out. Killing him? I don't believe for a second they would just sit back and let him die.

One thing which is just growing tiresome is how each episode has to have 1-3 attempts at being deep. It's ham-fisted as fuck. Like with this episode with the random fat black chick consoling the king. It's like every bit of dialogue has to be poetic and this is a soap opera.

Anyway, overall, this episode was alright, glad to see things are finally getting started. The pacing is so bad lately.

Also, how are there still obese people? Unless they are in charge of the community how in the world are these people still fat?

I'd like the show much more if they killed off the bland, cliched female empowerment character, Carol. Hopefully they all go to war and she dies, but they'll probably have her Rambo through half of the Saviors all by herself, and survive with just a couple scratches.

If Negan is a goner then I hope he takes three of the main characters with him, if Carol is in the group so be it (wishful thinking but still).

Also, what was up with a tribute of 12 melons?? Doesn't that seem like a bit of a waste of resources and time to drive all over the place for 12 melons...and then drive again the next day for the 1 missing melon??

I don't know how far away the Saviors are from the Kingdom but they drove 2 vehicles the 2nd time. I mean surely the amount of fuel to drive a large truck like that and an SUV was kind of a waste right? Did they really have to drive a huge truck to deliver 1 melon? Couldn't they just have put the melon crates on their lap in a small car?

Also the Saviors are gonna spend all that fuel for 12 melons? It seemed really weird considering 1 time they got like 6-7 pigs. I guess the Saviors did get some free guns out of the deal but still.

Also, where are people finding usable gasoline at this point? I think gasoline loses it's potency fairly quickly if it doesn't have something in it to stabilize it. Cars that are sitting along the road for 4 years aren't going to run on the gas in them.

Good point.

First thing I assume is they're not dealing with that problem yet, otherwise as you say would be crazy. The other thing that comes to mind is that it was to reinforce the submissive conduct of Ezekiel and the others, due to the problems they had with previous tributes.

Awesome, only had to wait an hour before anything happened and then not much happened.

Back