The Virginia Tech shootings still hold the record for most killed in a school

It really is pretty crazy. The gun laws now don't seem to be enforced so why don't they start with that instead of wanting more regulation? I'm not selling my guns back nor turning them in. There's literally nothing anyone can do to prevent this. Make your laws, and I'll break every one of them. How many more people like me exist out there? So, how is regulation going to help?
Guns will never be taken away. Only city liberals are stupid enough to think that’s even a possibility. I think the most that would happen would be assault rifles made illegal, but they can’t be confiscated. Americans will always be allowed to have their bolt action deer rifles, pump shotguns & pistols. And yeah even if they do make assault rifles illegal, that will solve nothing.

VT CT amounts to there being some government mind-control lab nearby ergo Cho was mind-controlled. Can't get much more flimsy than that. :oops:

Asians outperform whites on all levels, why would this be any different.

A couple. Compared to the Vegas vids I've seen the Sandy Hook ones are highly compelling. :eek:

Might have to check into the Cho CT business. God bless Youtube. :cool:

Just go ahead and read his poetry / screenplay, "Richard McBeef" too if you feel like making yourself dumber.

Those idiots are going to have to define "assault weapon" before they ban them consistently across jurisdictions.

Consider it short hand for Arms primarily designed for warfare.

But really any laws would have to be based on a guns capability so it will always have lines in the sand.

Do you think he would've killed more or less people with an AR15?

and the guy used two basic hand guns. Every combat expert and mass clinical psychologist says the suggestion that hand guns in a large crowd can't accomplish what semi automatic rifles can is absurd as well.

What's the point of targeting these particular models other than it's the greatest tool to recruit lemmings to the left?

Also drunk driving kills 15k alone per year and many more with hepatic cancers and heart and kidney disease yet I don't see anyone campaigning to be more responsible for alcohol. Can it be because there isn't a political agenda of right v left with alcohol in comparison to the few who die per year from mass shootings?

Somewhere a psycho is thinking, "Challenge accepted. Hold my beer...":(

Also drunk driving kills 15k alone per year and many more with hepatic cancers and heart and kidney disease yet I don't see anyone campaigning to be more responsible for alcohol. Can it be because there isn't a political agenda of right v left with alcohol in comparison to the few who die per year from mass shootings?

Various groups actually are campaigning, and previous campaigns met with considerable success. It's just not controversial or a part of the culture wars, so it doesn't get much coverage.

Considering that gun owners portray themselves as "law abiding gun owners", it's generally assumed that should by some warped reality they repeal the second amendment, that these people would be "law abiding former gun owners".

Then again, that's also assuming that the argument is made in good faith and not as a deflection to push for unfettered gun proliferation. Liberals like to assume the best in people after all.

If you're only law abiding when you like it, then you're not a law abiding citizen. That's kinda how it works.
There is a whole school of thought that suggests that many people who never commit a major crime are not fundamentally "good" or "law-abiding" people. They just never really have the opportunity to be "bad" in a meaningful sense. Take for example people who destroy or loot stuff during riots, even riots like the ones that take place on college campuses after a major sports game. What are otherwise law-abiding people participate in the chaos in various ways, and they are kind of shocked with themselves after the fact. I would bet that you will see a significant number of people who fit the current model of "law-abiding gun owners" (gun owners who have never committed a major firearms crime) who would instantly have the ability to easily violate the law and keep their guns. It's not a left/right thing, but that's what I think people would actually do. In that sense, most of us (all people) are only law-abiding citizens when it suits us.

If you're only law abiding when you like it, then you're not a law abiding citizen. That's kinda how it works.

This is my rule of thumb for gun control laws:

I do not want to live in an America where I am forbidden from owning a firearm.

I would personally pass any criminal or medical background checks, be able to take any training and safety course, gladly register my weapon and have no fear of mandatory prison time for any and all violations.

Thus, I fully support these measures.

Back