The US Will Have Single Payer and The Complete Lives System Within 10 Years

Cancer is preventable now? lol

I'm done here.

Preventable. And western medicine doesn't really 'cure' anything but that's another thread:D
So police only respond to crime? And we're actually engaged in a military conflict with China?

I haven't heard how to prevent cancer. Please enlighten us.

Cancer is preventable now? lol

I'm done here.

I know you guys mean well. I really do.
After government would get that Big to collect and distribute that much more money, it won't stop. It will never shrink. It will be corrupted as well. How can it not? We aren't giving money to Francis of Assisi here. My preference is a government for the people as well , but less intrusive.

About ⅓ of cancers are considered preventable, but not 100% even with the most strict adherence to prevention guidelines.

Is the suggestion that,because cancer is partially preventable, it's the cancer patients responsibility to pay for treatment? It shouldn't even be covered by insurance?

About ⅓ of cancers are considered preventable, but not 100% even with the most strict adherence to prevention guidelines.

Is the suggestion that,because cancer is partially preventable, it's the cancer patients responsibility to pay for treatment? It shouldn't even be covered by insurance?
The burden of payment is not my argument. My argument is against the asinine idea that cancer is not preventable despite medical science proving that the VAST majority of cancers are preventable. Also, please provide a source where only about 1/3 of cancers are considered preventable. Thanks.

Some are a result of lifestyle not all. All cancer is not preventable.
Your current notion has evolved past your absolute one. Good.

After government would get that Big to collect and distribute that much more money, it won't stop. It will never shrink. It will be corrupted as well. How can it not? We aren't giving money to Francis of Assisi here. My preference is a government for the people as well , but less intrusive.

I don't even want single payer. I am happy with my health insurance as it is now. I have a great plan through my employer.

The burden of payment is not my argument. My argument is against the asinine idea that cancer is not preventable despite medical science SUGGESTING otherwise. Also, please provide a source where only about 1/3 of cancers are considered preventable.

Ftfy

Is cancer 100% preventable? No.
At best, for the cancers listed with an environmental/ behavioral link, preventative measures can reduce the risk.

Cancer as a whole is not preventable.

Corruption is going to exist no matter what. That would be a conversation for another thread. I'd rather corruption exist while everybody has access to healthcare and education than our current model of corruption without those benefits and the bombing of innocent people around the world.

. Also, please provide a source where only about 1/3 of cancers are considered preventable. Thanks.
"Researchers from Johns Hopkins caused a furor in 2015 when they determined that well over half—65%—of cancers are actually traceable to random mutations and therefore mostly beyond our control. Now a new study adds to those findings. In a report published in JAMA Oncology, a team led by Mingyang Song, a research fellow at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, studied more than 135,000 men and women and determined that lifestyle factors, like diet, smoking and exercise, account for 20% to 40% of cancer risk."

Ftfy

Is cancer 100% preventable? No.
At best, for the cancers listed with an environmental/ behavioral link, preventative measures can reduce the risk.

Cancer as a whole is not preventable.
Cancer as a whole is not inevitable. Hell, the vast majority of cancer is preventable.

Back