The US is showcasing early tendencies of Nazi-syndrome with it's leader Trump

So you can't argue on the merits?

Better go after the guy's username and post a gif.

white-flag-surrender_233204.jpg

You could just admit that you said something stupid, or at least try to argue it, you pussy.

Oh my first post was absolutely, deliberately stupid. Thant was the whole point! I even said so in the post.

You can spot some similarities, but it's not that bad yet. The media blows every issue up. If you go out and interact with normal people on a daily basis, you'll see that people act quite differently in person than online.

The online person is usually their real self and the public one a mask.

Oh my first post was absolutely, deliberately stupid. Thant was the whole point! I even said so in the post.

Yes, and then you equated it to the OP's comparison to Nazism, saying that only those far outside of the "mainstream" would make that comparison. To which I responded with several very respected and extremely mainstream historians and policy analysts making that very comparison. You will find no such backing for Sanders, a libertarian-leaning social democrat, being comparable with brutes like Stalin or Mao. Because there just isn't any sense to that comparison, historically or ideologically.

The information age, with its ability to unite and organize people, the economic vitality of the United States, and a number of other factors would surely preclude Trumpism from ever becoming anything close to Nazism. However, there are plenty of similarities, sociological, rhetorical, ideology, and so on that may be analyzed nevertheless, and it's far less about Trump himself (he's just a shapeless reactionary, plain and simple) than it is about the current form of the American public, particularly the American right.

The online person is usually their real self and the public one a mask.

That’s an interesting philosophical discussion and I would have to disagree. We see keyboard warriors up and down this site who would cower in the face of a real life confrontation. That act of cowering isn’t a mask but their false online bravado is, for sure

this posts is not even worth the effort of a face palm gif

I think Trump is working as the new Ice-breaker to pave the way for what I have always expected which is the rise of Nazism and fascism amongst white Americans and they are showcasing the early tendencies of Nazi-syndrome.

I most worry for the minorities living amongst this soon to become sick majority. They are already infacted but it will just spread like a deadly virus.

Who would have thought years ago a president publically speaking like Trump? would come to power now that itself is huge change but his not the one to take it to the next. Wait for 2 presidents after him.

Yes, and then you equated it to the OP's comparison to Nazism, saying that only those far outside of the "mainstream" would make that comparison. To which I responded with several very respected and extremely mainstream historians and policy analysts making that very comparison. You will find no such backing for Sanders, a libertarian-leaning social democrat, being comparable with brutes like Stalin or Mao. Because there just isn't any sense to that comparison, historically or ideologically.

The information age, with its ability to unite and organize people, the economic vitality of the United States, and a number of other factors would surely preclude Trumpism from ever becoming anything close to Nazism. However, there are plenty of similarities, sociological, rhetorical, ideology, and so on that may be analyzed nevertheless, and it's far less about Trump himself (he's just a shapeless reactionary, plain and simple) than it is about the current form of the American public, particularly the American right.

I could absolutely find backing but you would reject the sources - because you’re a guy who named yourself Trotsky. I mean, how objectively would you expect a poster who unironically named himself Himmler, Eichmann or Mengele to be able to navigate the juxtaposition I laid out. I’ll answer, not very well.

Does the TS actually believe the shit he posts or is he mentally retarded?

I could absolutely find backing but you would reject the sources - because you’re a guy who named yourself Trotsky. I mean, how objectively would you expect a poster who unironically named himself Himmler, Eichmann or Mengele to be able to navigate the juxtaposition I laid out. I’ll answer, not very well.

So you can't. And we're back to insulting on the basis of username and tucking your tail and running away while saying "if I woulda, I coulda!"

I mean, if you want to make a game out of it, we can. I can give you odds, even.

We can qualify veracity by popularity, acclaim, or institution (for instance, Timothy Snyder is an AHA award-winning historian operating out of Yale; Stiglitz is a Nobel-winner, Columbia economics professor, and one of Foreign Policy's top 100 intellectuals; Reich is a former Sec of Labor, professor of public policy at UC-Berkley, and professor of economics at Harvard).

Wanna give it a shot? Hell, I googled your endeavor just for shits and giggles (looks like you have some tabloids, the best of which is written by a guy who spearheaded the Obama wiretaps conspiracy), so I'm ready to give you research props if you can even make this a relatively proportionate argument.

That’s an interesting philosophical discussion and I would have to disagree. We see keyboard warriors up and down this site who would cower in the face of a real life confrontation. That act of cowering isn’t a mask but their false online bravado is, for sure

Thats a good point but i would argue that being afraid of showing who you truly are does not mean you arent that person. There are plenty of people who would come out of the wood work if given the chance. Take for example that guy on tv from the white supremacists march with torches chanting "jews will not replace us". That guy was back on TV once people started confronting him. with his mask on saying hes not a racist and things like that.

nazi-peter-cvjetanovic.jpg

"I did not expect the photo to be shared as much as it was," Cvjetanovic told Channel 2 News in Nevada. "I understand the photo has a very negative connotation. But I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I'm not the angry racist they see in that photo."

So you can't. And we're back to insulting on the basis of username and tucking your tail and running away while saying "if I woulda, I coulda!"

I mean, if you want to make a game out of it, we can. I can give you odds, even.

We can qualify veracity by popularity, acclaim, or institution (for instance, Timothy Snyder is an AHA award-winning historian operating out of Yale; Stiglitz is a Nobel-winner, Columbia economics professor, and one of Foreign Policy's top 100 intellectuals; Reich is a former Sec of Labor, professor of public policy at UC-Berkley, and professor of economics at Harvard).

Wanna give it a shot? Hell, I googled your endeavor just for shits and giggles (looks like you have some tabloids, the best of which is written by a guy who spearheaded the Obama wiretaps conspiracy), so I'm ready to give you research props if you can even make this a relatively proportionate argument.

Fine, here’s a bone for you https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016...ld-have-destroyed-him-in-the-General-Election

I think Trump is working as the new Ice-breaker to pave the way for what I have always expected which is the rise of Nazism and fascism amongst white Americans and they are showcasing the early tendencies of Nazi-syndrome.

I most worry for the minorities living amongst this soon to become sick majority. They are already infacted but it will just spread like a deadly virus.

Who would have thought years ago a president publically speaking like Trump? would come to power now that itself is huge change but his not the one to take it to the next. Wait for 2 presidents after him.

I think you need a serious history lesson in order to get a better grasp on World War 2 Germany because you seem to be deeply confused.

I'm unfamiliar with Nazi-Syndrome but it appears the dictionary and google were unfamiliar with the term as well, please enlighten me. What are these "early tendencies" or Nazism you seen taking place currently in the country? If you're alluding to his stance on immigration, no laws are being changed, he's simply enforcing those that have been ignored by past administrations.

Please share the facts you used to support your conclusion Trump is leading the country on a direction of bring Nazi-syndrome to the United States.

The guy idolizes a figure that wanted to overthrown capitalism around the world through violent revolutions and responsible for the death of Ukranians and eventually the famine in 1932 imposed by Russia.

Also Trump is a billionary and a TV star, how he can be compared by a bunch of idiots to Hitler is beyond absurd.

(for instance, Timothy Snyder is an AHA award-winning historian operating out of Yale; Stiglitz is a Nobel-winner, Columbia economics professor, and one of Foreign Policy's top 100 intellectuals; Reich is a former Sec of Labor, professor of public policy at UC-Berkley, and professor of economics at Harvard).

So your response is a Daily Kos community post from an author who doesn't even have any online presence other than a Twitter profile full of pro-Hillary/anti-Bernie Bro stuff, let alone credentials.

I think I rest my case.

Why do so many democrats or anti-Trump people or whatever you want to call them spend so much time jerking off to this notion that the US is the 4th Reich on the rise. It's so stupid & baseless. Not to mention utterly counterproductive.
But it turns them on...so they will keep jerking off to that notion until it get's boring for them....

So your response is a Daily Kos community post from an author who doesn't even have any online presence other than a Twitter profile full of pro-Hillary/anti-Bernie Bro stuff, let alone credentials.

I think I rest my case.

You asked for sources making the claim. I provided one - from the left no less. You rejected it without even contending with what they said, just a quick and easy appeal to authority fallacy and that’s all she wrote - exactly as I said you would BTW.

But here’s a second source if you’re interested... https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...y-bernie-sanders-hes-a-diehard-communist/amp/

I think I rest my case.

Sanders is just as nuts as Trump but nobody compares him to Stalin

“These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina, where incomes are actually more equal today than they are in the land of Horatio Alger.”

You asked for sources making the claim. I provided one - from the left no less. You rejected it without even contending with what they said, just a quick and easy appeal to authority fallacy and that’s all she wrote - exactly as I said you would BTW.

But here’s a second source if you’re interested... https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...y-bernie-sanders-hes-a-diehard-communist/amp/

LOL, that's the one I supplied to you in the first place!

You literally have found the two things that Bernie Sanders + Communist yields on Google: one by a YouTube shock jock conspiracy theorist and another by a message board poster with no online presence.

And you expect that to hold weight against, again:

(for instance, Timothy Snyder is an AHA award-winning historian operating out of Yale; Stiglitz is a Nobel-winner, Columbia economics professor, and one of Foreign Policy's top 100 intellectuals; Reich is a former Sec of Labor, professor of public policy at UC-Berkley, and professor of economics at Harvard).

Also, yes, I read both of them, and they are hilarious. There is absolutely no substance, no analysis of history or ideology. Nothing. Just quotes of a guy of quotes of a guy who Bernie quoted when he was a kid.

You're silly. I like you, but you're downright silly.

Back