The UFC record of ranked Flyweights.

Oh I know, but a good division should get a some new blood every so often just to keep the top 15 on their toes imo. DJ still has Cejudo and Pettis right now. Ben Nguyen shows promise.
If DJ has fought less than half the division and has been around since its oepning in 2012, isnt there new blood in the top 15 then?

The wins will look better in 5 years.

Some turd tried to tell me the other week Horiguchi isn't a "good" win because he's not a former champion or has no "notable" wins. This is the type of logic 90% of DJ detractors use. Is the flyweight division super strong? nah, but it's got its fair share of talented dudes.
Is a win over Horiguchi as good as GSP's win over Jake Shields? I am truly curious. I've been told it is on par.

In terms of actual mixed martial art skill it is one of the most stack divisions in the UFC

The problem is that people just mistake name value with skill. They think if they don't know a guy it's because he is a bad fighter and not because they do not pay attention.

DJ does is not the MMA fighter who should have to conform to racist stereotypes, like that of the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to sell a fight

If people really need to be sold fights based on WWE antics instead of actually like watching MMA, then we all might be witnessing the gradual shift away from MMA as a legitimate martial arts competition toward more of a pro-wrestling style half-real, half orchestrated event.

Maybe it never was a sport, but it's never been more apparent. People want a story line. They want a face, and a heel. They want big throbbing muscles and American MTV action stars.

Essentially they want the WWE, they just want it to feel real.

It's the fact that the supposedly dedicated fans demand the shallow crap above substance. Look at the discussions on this forum. There's very little discussion of technique, or highlights. it's mostly junior high griping, and shit flinging. Hardcore fans are not being replaced with the same.

DJ is the p4p GOAT but due to Heightism and suspect racism he is discredited as an MMA fighter.

Agree with this post minus the last sentence. But that’s obviously all subject to opinion

If DJ has fought less than half the division and has been around since its oepning in 2012, isnt there new blood in the top 15 then?
There is a few promising ones but he more the merrier.

I just checked the list of active fighters. Flyweight only has a total of 32 fighters. Compare that to Lightweight, which has about three times as many people.

Some date on your signature must be wrong, you have 2015 twice

flyweight has more impressive young up and coming prospects than any other division

Askar Askarov aka the brazilian Eddie bravo beats DJ tomorrrow 9-0

Toni Sherbatov is the best prospect out of Canada since Rory Macdonald 7-0-1

Deiveson Figueiredo 12-0 is fighting Jarred Brooks 13-0 next week

Joseph Bopo Morales is one of the best American prospects around 9-0

Tagir Ulanbekov could come into the UFC tomorrow and beat half the top 10. He is 6-0

Rogerio Bontorin is a legit prospect from Brazil 12-0

Yoshitaka Nobita is the best Japanese fighter around rn for me 12-0

Hayato Suzuki is another elite Japanese flyweight 17-0-2

Naoki Inoue is another Japanese stud and only 20 years old 11-0

Amir Albazi is one of the best Flyweights in Bellator 10-0

Gustavo Gabriel is a world class prospect from Brazil.. only 23 already 12-0

I just gave you 12 undefeated legit top level Flyweight fighters. Trust me, there is no shortage of depth at 125..

flyweight has more impressive young up and coming prospects than any other division

Askar Askarov aka the brazilian Eddie bravo beats DJ tomorrrow 9-0

Toni Sherbatov is the best prospect out of Canada since Rory Macdonald 7-0-1

Deiveson Figueiredo 12-0 is fighting Jarred Brooks 13-0 next week

Joseph Bopo Morales is one of the best American prospects around 9-0

Tagir Ulanbekov could come into the UFC tomorrow and beat half the top 10. He is 6-0

Rogerio Bontorin is a legit prospect from Brazil 12-0

Yoshitaka Nobita is the best Japanese fighter around rn for me 12-0

Hayato Suzuki is another elite Japanese flyweight 17-0-2

Naoki Inoue is another Japanese stud and only 20 years old 11-0

Amir Albazi is one of the best Flyweights in Bellator 10-0

Gustavo Gabriel is a world class prospect from Brazil.. only 23 already 12-0

I just gave you 12 undefeated legit top level Flyweight fighters. Trust me, there is no shortage of depth at 125..
Flyweight has a lot of promising prospects but the problem is they are never given any time to develop, if they win three fights they are thrown into a title fight.

A 3-0 record wouldn't even get you ranked at Lightweight.

The division is young and bad. No need to sugar coat it.

A strong division has top notch contenders and depth.

Usually divs give up one of the 2, reason being the top 5 being too good for new blood, so you get a shallow division with elite contenders.

Or you have 10-15 guys with good records since they beat everyone outside of it and have mixed success against each other.

The latter isn't possible at FLW the same way as at WW/LW because of numbers and newness. The former would make contenders stand out, which shows strength.

The div has neither. Now with Dodson at BW it has 2 strong contenders while the rest get title shots because there's no one else.

Last edited:
Dodson, benavidez, cejudo are 3 big names that could hold the belt in the future
Cejudo's striking was basically nothing when he fought MM. A win over him now would carry a lot
The division is young and bad. No need to sugar coat it.

A strong division has top notch contenders and depth.

Usually divs give up one of the 2, reason being the top 5 being too good for new blood, so you get a shallow division with elite contenders.

Or you have 10-15 guys with good records since they beat everyone outside of it and have mixed success against each other.

The latter isn't possible at FLW the same way as at WW/LW because of numbers and newness. The former would make contenders stand out, which shows strength.

The div has neither. Now with Dodson at BW it has 2 strong contenders while the rest get title shots because there's no one else.
see. This guy gets it.

Back