The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

Just look at this gem:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/khabib-got-exposed.3743861/

A guy who completely dominated a fight gets exposed and is overrated? Iaquinta didn't even belong in there with him... (Kudos for taking the fight though). The cheer amount of stupidity over there really is incredible. Comfirmation bias doesn't begin to describe what goes on in the heavies at times.
Yeah the heavies are full of retards. I was reading through a couple of threads over there, and I could feel my brain turning into mush.

Starting to look like Tyson in the late 80s early 90s but with less self control. Yes, LESS.
The only difference is that Tyson was a certified G and nutjob. Like, if Tyson started talking shit to me, I'd shit my pants and run. If McGregor started talking shit to me, I'd tell him to fuck off. He'd beat me senseless, but McGregor has nowhere near that aura Tyson had, he doesn't command that kind of fear or respect. Tyson was a violent psychopath who would kill or rape without a second thought (and also a HW), McGregor is just an overgrown child who happens to be a good fighter but doesn't want to fight real competition. Hell, I'd say Valero was scarier than McGregor is.

The only difference is that Tyson was a certified G and nutjob. Like, if Tyson started talking shit to me, I'd shit my pants and run. If McGregor started talking shit to me, I'd tell him to fuck off. He'd beat me senseless, but McGregor has nowhere near that aura Tyson had, he doesn't command that kind of fear or respect. Tyson was a violent psychopath who would kill or rape without a second thought (and also a HW), McGregor is just an overgrown child who happens to be a good fighter but doesn't want to fight real competition. Hell, I'd say Valero was scarier than McGregor is.
I agree he doesn't have an aura like Tyson's. I was talking more about his ability to handle the spotlight, especially with an entourage.

yeah, that's the thing. mcgregor isn't scary, he's just an asshole.

eddie mustafa muhammad described him perfectly: "he's a real, real, genuine, without a doubt, unadulterated asshole."

tumblr_pcltyaJKjx1rofocqo1_500.gif

one of the best body punches ive ever seen in MMA. Jose always had that body punch but the work with Garcia paying off

one of the best body punches ive ever seen in MMA. Jose always had that body punch but the work with Garcia paying off

I've never been a big Aldo fan, but it was cool seeing him win again.

I've never been a big Aldo fan, but it was cool seeing him win again.

Max is just a bad matchup for him with his pace, output, conditioning and durability, much like Jose is for Frankie. I honestly think Aldo beats anyone in the division besides Max

When Conor does something nutty, it's cool and he's a marketing genius according to Dana White.
When Khabib does it, it's a bad look for the sport and he should be suspended and stripped off the title ... Double-standard.

On the other hand it seems that Khabib coming from a different culture never understood that it was all hype and publicity what Conor did, nothing personal.

As far as the fight goes, it was an A+ performance by Khabib, outclassed and dismantled McGregor.

Man Conor got smashed and embarrassed. He looked shit house. At no stage in that fight did it look like he had a chance, not even the third.

As far as the aftermath. Who cares? Lol. Bit of fluff that gives Conor fans something to change the subject about.

It would be like if Canelo decided to smash Abel in the mouth because he's a big mouth. Yes unprofessional, stupid and all the rest. But we all know what's up.

I agree. Those are basic fundamentals In boxing though surely he could’ve learned that anywhere especially a Brazilian boxing gym...

If anything strength and conditioning is what amped his game with upper torso offensives power vs lower level like kicks.

Setting up a jab for a folllowup punch. Seeing how boxers have the ability to read all these things even with their high guard up proves that many MMA guys gotta up their game with upper torso striking and hit a boxing gym. Boxers are masters at pump fakes

Back