The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

So I guess that pic last week of Cowboy wasn't a makeup troll job. How the hell is he going to fight next week? lol

Could be an effort to use the Ali act to get his contract invalidated.
That or just to put leverage on the UFC, Conor is always a step ahead it seems. Ariel helwani said Conor will be applying in other states as well.

That or just to put leverage on the UFC, Conor is always a step ahead it seems. Ariel helwani said Conor will be applying in other states as well.

Yeah, some people think he is willing to take a warm up fight before facing Mayweather (which is what California have reportedly said he'd have to do if he was interested in facing Mayweather). That's way too big a risk for McGregor and co.

Yeah, some people think he is willing to take a warm up fight before facing Mayweather (which is what California have reportedly said he'd have to do if he was interested in facing Mayweather). That's way too big a risk for McGregor and co.
Yeah there is no point to taking a warm up fight against a top guy because he would lose and then the appeal of a mayweather match would be severely dimmed.

Yeah there is no point to taking a warm up fight against a top guy because he would lose and then the appeal of a mayweather match would be severely dimmed.

It would hurt his brand in MMA, as well. A lot of his fans are people who genuinely think he's an elite boxer.

It would hurt his brand in MMA, as well. A lot of his fans are people who genuinely think he's an elite boxer.
I think that's becauSe a lot of his fans aren't actually combat sports fans, rather sports fans in general.

Tim Elliot it is, fights for the title against mm this Saturday. Probably gonna be a 10 to 1 dog.

Stripping Conor makes sense. He's never going back to FW. Aldo/Edgar can easily be argued to have started a new and legitimate lineage.
They Way they did it was very disrespectful to the belt

Another UFC blunder

Apparently BJ Penn fighting in the UFC guy is not even elite why does he keep getting big fight opportunities ?

They Way they did it was very disrespectful to the belt

Why? I'm not intimately familiar with how they did it, I thought they just announced that he was stripped.

Another UFC blunder

Apparently BJ Penn fighting in the UFC guy is not even elite why does he keep getting big fight opportunities ?

Yair Rodriguez is not a big fight, he's a prospect still. BJ has lost to nothing but top notch fighters, he hasn't had a soft touch in I couldn't tell you how long.

Why? I'm not intimately familiar with how they did it, I thought they just announced that he was stripped.
No presser for him like gsp

And they did it so they can have a UFC trinket championship fight since DC steppped down

Yair Rodriguez is not a big fight, he's a prospect still. BJ has lost to nothing but top notch fighters, he hasn't had a soft touch in I couldn't tell you how long.
Yair is upcoming and coming prospect

Bj Penn not even elite why him in the UFC?

Yair is upcoming and coming prospect

Bj Penn not even elite why him in the UFC?

There are a lot of non elite fighters in the ufc, it's a fun fight and it's a potential for Yair to build his name off a legend or for BJ to make a comeback. If they let him go Bellator will sign him and he will do numbers for them.

No presser for him like gsp

And they did it so they can have a UFC trinket championship fight since DC steppped down

Conor hasn't fought at 145 in 11 months and has taken 3 fights outside of the division since then. He has made no intentions of defending that belt ever and is supposedly taking a break, it's time for the division to move on. GSP was taking an indefinite leave of the sport with no guarantee of ever returning, they aren't the same scenarios.

Back