The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

"But sources say that executives inside the network (FOX) already have started balking over the proposed $450 million-a-year price tag. Fox tried to buy the UFC over the summer, but it refused to increase its $3.6 billion bid, in part, because its executives felt the UFC overvalued its media rights."

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/11/28/Media/UFC-media-rights.aspx

What are we arguing about, Bobby Jenks? According to the SBJ, Fox has already spoken on this and don't see the value of the rights fee being $450 million that the UFC are asking.

"But sources say that executives inside the network (FOX) already have started balking over the proposed $450 million-a-year price tag. Fox tried to buy the UFC over the summer, but it refused to increase its $3.6 billion bid, in part, because its executives felt the UFC overvalued its media rights."

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/11/28/Media/UFC-media-rights.aspx

What are we arguing about, Bobby Jenks? According to the SBJ, Fox has already spoken on this and don't see the value of the rights fee being $450 million that the UFC are asking.

They need the property and they know it, they don't have shit on that network that can draw flies to shit other than nascar and an occasional college football game and that's only a few months out of the year. The ufc provides them with a year long property and constant content.

Why would they be removed from network tv? Their tv rights deal is expected to nearly quadruple. WME-IMG is looking to cut costs by letting the networks control production costs.
Short sighted
Boxing promoters did the same let these wonderful networks take over ,
Long story short

Loss of control , used and abused product
Dumped later , promoters with head cut off didn't know what to do

Stayed with ppv only since it's the most profitable for promoters

Decline in the EEUU

Hence why al Haymon in that regard is great for he sport

Short sighted
Boxing promoters did the same let these wonderful networks take over ,
Long story short

Loss of control , used and abused product
Dumped later , promoters with head cut off didn't know what to do

Stayed with ppv only since it's the most profitable for promoters

Decline in the EEUU

Hence why al Haymon in that regard is great for he sport

They aren't letting them take over, they are letting them pay for the production costs. They will have no say over events or fights/matchmaking. Haymon blew a half a billion dollars and networks still won't pay for his product. The two aren't even comparable.

Looks to be official sadly UFC belts are becoming trinkets

Stripping Connor because they need to have a "belt" on the line

Such bs

Giving Aldo the belt and making another haha interm fight ?

Downhill move losing confidence on the new owners I hope the make changes in a better direction mma really neeeds the UFC

On a better note bellattor is making good moves

Such bs

Downhill move losing confidence on the new owners I hope the make changes in a better direction mma really neeeds the UFC

I liked that they stripped him, it's been a year and he had no intention of defending he belt and he made a mess of the 145 pound division. They are trying to keep some integrity within the division. I believe they are trying to pressure Aldo into unifying the belts by making pettis vs Holloway for the interim. Also vs either is a fantastic fight.

I liked that they stripped him, it's been a year and he had no intention of defending he belt and he made a mess of the 145 pound division. They are trying to keep some integrity within the division. I believe they are trying to pressure Aldo into unifying the belts by making pettis vs Holloway for the interim. Also vs either is a fantastic fight.
I am sure you did lol

A major portion of the mma community see what it really is

A marketing ploy

Look at the facts

D.C. Cancels his fight due to injuries

Co main gets moved up to main and made for a title fight (lol)

They strip McGregor due to that said title fight is for he interm belt which was won by Aldo not long ago say under 3 months

It's obvious to non blind people that the UFC trinket is being devalued

I am sure you did lol

A marketing ploy

Look at the facts

They strip McGregor due to that said title fight is for he interm belt which was won by Aldo not long ago say under 3 months

I don't give a shit if Holloway and pettis are fighting for the tachi fight palace championship, that's a fantastic fight. The belt being involved does nothing for me, I'm just glad they didn't allow Conor to keep something he never had any intention of defending. Now we get two great fights, pettis vs Holloway and aldo against the winner.

The winner of tonight's tuf semi final between Tim Elliot and Hiromasa Ogikubo will fight Mighty Mouse this Saturday at the TUF Finale.

I'm curious what this "re-defining" announcement may be, although I suspect it's going to be the formation of yet another group trying to put together a fighter's union.

I'm curious what this "re-defining" announcement may be, although I suspect it's going to be the formation of yet another group trying to put together a fighter's union.

Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association

GSP, Tim Kennedy, Cowboy Cerrone, TJ Dillashaw, Cain Velasquez, Bjorn Rebney lol

I am sure you did lol

A marketing ploy

Look at the facts

the promotion of holloway/pettis to interim is obviously a marketing ploy, but I'm not against stripping Connor, he obviously has no intention of going back to 145 and can't make hte weight, and hasn't fought there in a while anyhow.

the promotion of holloway/pettis to interim is obviously a marketing ploy, but I'm not against stripping Connor, he obviously has no intention of going back to 145 and can't make hte weight, and hasn't fought there in a while anyhow.

The only was he's going back there is to fight a star, if Pettis can beat Holloway and Aldo then I think that would be enough to entice him to come back down to 145 to fight.

Such bs

Stripping Conor makes sense. He's never going back to FW. Aldo/Edgar can easily be argued to have started a new and legitimate lineage.

The only was he's going back there is to fight a star, if Pettis can beat Holloway and Aldo then I think that would be enough to entice him to come back down to 145 to fight.
I think the weight is too much at this point. Plus, LW has some recognizable names and he seems willing to even go to WW. We'll have to see, but I think he's past the point of no return, he's put on too much weight.

Mcgregor applied for and was granted a boxing license in California today.

Back