The UFC needs to sign undefeated top prospect Jose Torres to fight Tim Elliott at UFC 225 in Chicago

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
Last edited:
Kid looks like a good prospect, but 6-0 is not very many pro fights. Maybe needs a couple more wins.

Kid looks like a good prospect, but 6-0 is not very many pro fights. Maybe needs a couple more wins.

A double champ in Titan should be plenty imo.They already tried call him up when he was 5-0 but he was recovering from an MCL.

It is the type of fighter you sign up to make sure Bellator doesn't offer a 135lb contract (although he seems to prefer 125lbs).

Plus Tim needs a fight and the fight has a quick back story to it.

A double champ in Titan should be plenty imo.They already tried call him up when he was 5-0 but he was recovering from an MCL.

It is the type of fighter you sign up to make sure Bellator doesn't offer a 135lb contract (although he seems to prefer 125lbs).

Plus Tim needs a fight and the fight has a quick back story to it.
Fair enough. And I'm all for developing prospects in the UfC. If he's ready, he's ready.

He is the Titan champ at 125 and 135lbs. He wants to fight at UFC 219. He is undefeated and just turned 25 years old. He won Tim's vacated 125lb belt. Tim just got cheated out of his fight on the last card because of his opponent. UFC 219 could use another good fight.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...decline-ufc-offer-injuries-mma-news-interview

Although he's undefeated in 6 fights, he's still very green.

UFC's 135 division is a shark tank, but their 125 division is a kiddie-pool with a big fucking shark with the belt.

Torres needs to choose a division and stick to it, get a few more wins and then he'll be ready for the big stage of the UFC Octagon.

Sometimes it's better for young fighters to stay in the lower leagues for a while longer.

Add in his amateur fights and he's 23-0.In his pro fights he's fought and beat four good fighters including the 18-2 (at the time) UFC vet Pedro Nobre finishing him in a minute,the same guy Tim Elliot went the 25 minute distance with before coming back to the UFC and this kids already got two good wins since that fight including one over Farkhad Sharipov who's no joke.He's not a normal 6-0.Don't know about him fighting Tim in his first UFC fight but if he's willing.

Friday 02.16.2018 at 08:00 PM ET
Titan 125lb title fight
Jose Torres vs Alberto Orellano

Can be viewed on Fight Pass. Worth watching. Would have to think Torres is signed for sure with a win here.

Another first round finish last night advances him to 7-0 sign the man. He can still fight Elliot give Tim is too scared to fight Cejudo

Another first round finish last night advances him to 7-0 sign the man.

ate quite a few shots, but nothing seemed to faze him. nice body-head combo to end the fight. he's good on the mic, too- he even called out sean shelby and mick maynard to sign him to the ufc and put him on the chicago card.

the ufc would be foolish not to sign him asap.

ate quite a few shots, but nothing seemed to faze him. nice body-head combo to end the fight. he's good on the mic, too- he even called out sean shelby and mick maynard to sign him to the ufc and put him on the chicago card.

Yep defended two belts nicely instead of just holding one belt ransom. In the UFC I would have to assume he is a 125lber. Bellator should offer a bunch of money to get him at 135.

Yep. I’m super high on him I think he beats most of that flw division on his way to a title shot. Only down side of him is that he’s young in the sport and has yet to face a stiff challenge.

Yep defended two belts nicely instead of just holding one belt ransom. In the UFC I would have to assume he is a 125lber. Bellator should offer a bunch of money to get him at 135.

i think titan fc has a relationship with the ufc. ie- if the ufc offers a titan fc fighter a contract, titan fc will allow their fighter to leave their org. otherwise i think bellator wouldve signed him awhile ago.

Would love to see him starch Elliot.

Something annoying about Elliot's style.

You don't want to see Torres called up?

I'm not getting the Ariel reference? Just like watching local fighters make it to the top.

Yes I’m sure you didn’t watch the MMA hour Monday where they specifically mentioned signing him for this event.

EA389759-E7C5-4F01-8B83-BC329D61C83D.png

Come on bro, some of us aren’t 23. We read most sites stories, we watch most podcasts and we know when people are biting on other’s material.

If you’re stoked for the guy, cool. He’s gonna get signed. Both divisions are wide open and Sean probably already has his contract drawn up. But don’t pretend that making a thread a few days after the episode aired that you’re, a fucking nobody, the one who is the brilliant genius behind this signing.

Yes I’m sure you didn’t watch the MMA hour Monday where they specifically mentioned signing him for this event.

View attachment 345707

Come on bro, some of us aren’t 23. We read most sites stories, we watch most podcasts and we know when people are biting on other’s material.

If you’re stoked for the guy, cool. He’s gonna get signed. Both divisions are wide open and Sean probably already has his contract drawn up. But don’t pretend that making a thread a few days after the episode aired that you’re, a fucking nobody, the one who is the brilliant genius behind this signing.

Torres has been a top prospect for awhile, Ariel didn’t originate the hype and i don’t listen to that weasel’s podcast (show?) either. Also, 23 is an oddly specific number to throw out there, how old are you? 50?

Back