The UFC needs more WWE in it. I'm talking managers, Jumbo trons, interference, the works...

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Great Rory Mcdonald on the difference between Bellator and the garbage that is the known as UFC

“(It is a) big difference,” MacDonald said. “The production of the show stands out right away – the big screens, the entrances. They do it bigger. They do it right here. It’s a fight show here – they want to promote a fighter, they want to build it. It’s not generic where everyone’s wearing the same thing – we get to be our own individual selves, promote ourselves. Where I was before, everyone’s wearing the same uniforms now, we’re all walking out of the same boring dressing rooms and gate. It’s boring. People are tired of that.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/rory-macdonald-bellator-allows-for-more-self-promotion-than-boring-ufc

You sherds might hate on me for this but you know deep down this is true. The UFC today has lost it's soul. They have tried to present their product as a real sport but have failed in doing so. Their way of presenting the product as a sport is by taking fighter promotion and making everyone wear fight kits that all look exactly the same as if they are wearing soccer jersey's. They have sucked the life out of their product. Meanwhile, everything else that you need to make it a legit sport is not there. Bullshit rankings that don't make sense, granting instant rematches to every champion that draws, champions that steal belts and hold up division....the list goes on. You can't half do it dawg! The UFC is not a true sport so it's time to stop trying to present it that way and go full on entertainment mode.

This moment. The moment that changed the course of Bellator and led them full steam ahead into a new era is exactly what the UFC needs to incorporate into their product. The shocking moment of who was revealed under the mask left Tito and fans in attendance and around the world shocked and confused with their mouths open wide open. The revealing of Tito's former associate under the mask and the sick fact that he has betrayed Tito and now joined forces with the evil Stephen Bonnar is great TV.

This might sound a little outlandish but the UFC needs to stop acting like a fake sport and get more WWE.

1. I love my full fight kits just as much as anybody for my personal use but they shouldn't be used during fights. The normal MMA shorts with branding of days old brought more uniquness. It's so fucking boring right with everybody wearing the same shit.

2. There needs to be better storylines. Everything is set in place for this. Have Dana White push further the fact that he is in it for the money. He is the Vince Mcmahon of the UFC. Have Dana do everything in power to keep Conor and his two betls around his waist.

They need to do something shocking but something that is believable so people won't catch on that it's a work. During the Khabib and Ferguson match. In round 3, Have Conor interfere in the fight by getting on the edge of the cage during the fight. This will distract Ferguson as Khabib grabs Ferguson from behind and gets him into a rear naked chock. After the fight, Conor enters the cage and it appears that him and Khabib are about to throw down. Instead, to the shock of everyone, Khabib and Conor hug each other and celibrate Khabibs when revealing that they where always in it together. Later on it is revealed that Dana White has hired Khabib to stop Tony from getting a shot at Conor's belt with the promise of Khabib getting his shot at Conor down the road. Unfortunately, Dana screws over Khabib and taints on of his drinks so that he is flagged by USADA and doesn't get his oppertunity and is banned from fighting in the USA.

This is a great way to build an underdog story for Tony Ferguson. The fighter fighting against all the odds stacked against him, climbing through every obstacle thrown at him by Conor and Dana White to reach his dream of becoming UFC champion.

3. They need for heel fighters like Bisping and others to have managers who come down with them in fights to distract their opponents. Managers can also be used to talk for guys who don't have good mic skills.

4. They need pyrotechnics, Jumbotrons, and other shit that will bring more life into the entrances. The lame walk down to shitty music isn't working anymore. It's 2018

Do this and I think they could really bring some life into the product. All of this drama and excitment would have us talking about the UFC nonstop online and in forums. This is the only way they reach their potential and reach a new level.

We just need Lenne Hart and a Japanese production team. UFC is boring as fuck between fights.

Yeah the fighters walkouts are shit nowadays, in the UFC I mean, agreed. But not EVERYTHING Bellator has is great. Some of their shit is totally cringe worthy. Enough to suffer from a concussion due to facepalming.

Having been to a Bellator event live, the whole production was laughable. I'm fairly sure they made some of the fighters video stuff on Powerpoint it was that bad.

latest

what you say has validity. UFC was in the red every year until they started a drunken, spritzing half Big Brother half Survivor reality show. people love that shit. black on black crime is still the 3rd or 4th best selling PPV. Conor sells, Stipe doesn't.

simply put, great fighting is not enough to bring most fans.

and the slower we get there, the happier i'll be. because i like the fighting.

Yes the uniforms suck.

But otherwise im not sure....seemed like a ton of big screens up at the events i attended....

But the making a heel etc comment i totally disagree with.

Those types of characters are only interesting if they come by it honestly. The fake over the top personalities takes away from the sport.

When you have a real semi broken human talking, its real and it keeps you interested in what they are going to do next ala Jon Jones.

But the faked weigh in punches, fake press conference beefs, and fake repeated one liners at pressers is tiring and distracts form whats important.

Of course! It's like how did no one think of this before?

Bellator's entrances are great but sometimes they go too cringy with some stuff like the bonnar/tito fight.

If you want mma with WWE antics, Rizin is there.

Last edited:
Conor should interfere with khabib vs tony and hit them both with a steel chair. He’s gotta barely bump into herb dean first tho so dean can get knocked unconscious during this whole ordeal.

Conor should interfere with khabib vs tony and hit them both with a steel chair. He’s gotta barely bump into herb dean first tho so dean can get knocked unconscious during this whole ordeal.

Seems you just can’t keep Conor out of ur mind

I don’t have a problem with some spectacle, I just don’t want any scripted shit.

<DisgustingHHH>

Or maybe they can invest more money into their fighters and promote them properly instead of only promoting a handful of fighters.

The last thing we need is more WWE crap. That stuff is for children and weirdos.

They could work on walkouts a little more to get people hyped though...and ditch Reebok obviously

Back